Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lindamariee11

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2023
I pre ordered in store on the 18th and received my 15 pm blue 256 gb yesterday. The box came a little damaged but the phone seems to be great. So far I love it.

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpeg
    IMG_3873.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3788.jpeg
    IMG_3788.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3874.jpeg
    IMG_3874.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3787.jpeg
    IMG_3787.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 88

Trader05

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
For those interested in a timeline for trade-ins. I picked ship in my own box and received two UPS labels for both phones.
Sent out - Monday 9/25
Delivered via UPS Tracking - Wednesday 9/27
Received and Processed through AT&T - Friday 9/29

Just waiting on confirmation of applied credit.

phaggard

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Be careful on what kind of trade in you are doing. I did a trade in for my last phone where I paid off my remaining payments and did the $1K trade in. The label I got with my new phone sent the phone to the wrong place. The label was for doing an upgrade for the Next plan that I was on vice for a full paid off phone trade in. Apparently they’re two different places. Luckily I had the tracking receipt that proved they got the phone. It messed up my trade in status in my account forever. The store turn in worked for the other phones on my plan that were straight up Next upgrades. Even though the tracking showed that ATT had received my phone , it never registered in my account that the turn in was received. Lots of phones call to resolve. I don’t know if they ever found my turned in phone. I think they just credited my account for the cost of the turned in phone.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
@Caitraeki did you happen to order a iPhone 15 Pro Max White or Natural 512 or 1 GB model?

Apple had some production issues with the Pro Max ramp up and the higher storage options were in reduced quantities in the initial bulk orders to carriers.

Dave

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
AT&T hasn't even updated their site yet. Like they never even heard of the iPhone 15.
Ordered mine via Apple and took it to my local ATT Store to move my number to 15PM and add line to account. Rep told me they haven’t even gotten any inventory in yet and probably won’t for another week.

Caitraeki

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
@Caitraeki did you happen to order a iPhone 15 Pro Max White or Natural 512 or 1 GB model?

Apple had some production issues with the Pro Max ramp up and the higher storage options were in reduced quantities in the initial bulk orders to carriers.

Dave
No I ordered an IPhone 15 in pink 256gb. (Not the plus just the smaller size) I did see some articles about trouble with stock on the pro max, wondering if the other options had the same issue.

PorpoiseHork

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
UPDATE: So after being on hold waiting for a supervisor via chat. I decided to call...and the rep was able to process my upgrade order for a 512GB scheduled for delivery by next Friday and trade-in.

I hope you guys give that a try before making the trek to a store. The rep said that the natural titanium pros had no shipping delay and the pro max in 256 had mid - end of October shipping.
Interesting, going to try that today and see what happens since mine is still in the we're working on your order status..

Edit: Well the rep wasn't able to change the current order and stated I would have to cancel it to get any other color/capacity variant. That would result in an estimated delivery well into November. Similar result when I tried to go through Apple directly. So I kept the current one active. I guess I'll get mine delivered at some point...

Eventually.

Last edited:

keeeenyaa

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
So I just canceled my “pre-order” and re-ordered it was originally Oct 13-27th my shipping dates only changed by a hair Oct 12-26th but I have a feeling it will ship sooner, so we’ll see :)
Edit: As of today, still no update went back in to pre-order status “your in line” don’t know why when this wasn’t a pre-order, but now I’m over it and will just wait atp 😂

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
ATT's pre-order system is BS. Being able to go into a physical store to pre-order and receiving your order sooner than those who actually pre-ordered at 5AM is whack.

Add the people who pre-ordered online after the 15th and received their order much earlier.
If youre not color particular that might be your best bet. I have Verizon and my local stores have plenty of blue and black for pickup but I’m patiently waiting for white. So I’d def take a look at your local stock. Best of luck to you.

Edit for my incorrect “your”

Last edited:
Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

keeeenyaa

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
Wow... And still mine sits in unshipped status... I'm about ready to cancel it all together.
yeah and my bank returned my sales tax payment to me because it was sitting in pending status waiting for att to take it and they never did, meaning their not even working on my order, still sitting in “your in line”

PorpoiseHork

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
Well this is something different. I got this when I tried to cancel my order.

"Your order is getting ready to ship, so we're not able to cancel it as requested."

But then they canceled it anyway..

Edit: So I placed a new order for the PM 512 Blue. Of course it says they've hit a snag but the support rep assured me it was only due to my having to upload my ID on a second order and they just need to manually approve it and it will be good. Let's see how long ATT takes on this one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: keeeenyaa

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Well this is something different. I got this when I tried to cancel my order.

"Your order is getting ready to ship, so we're not able to cancel it as requested."

But then they canceled it anyway..

Edit: So I placed a new order for the PM 512 Blue. Of course it says they've hit a snag but the support rep assured me it was only due to my having to upload my ID on a second order and they just need to manually approve it and it will be good. Let's see how long ATT takes on this one. :rolleyes:
What did you get as the estimated ship date time frame on the new order? I'm still sitting at October 13-27 on a 1 TB PM Black.

PorpoiseHork

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
What did you get as the estimated ship date time frame on the new order? I'm still sitting at October 13-27 on a 1 TB PM Black.

They stated the exact same date of my pre-order... 10/10 - 10/26.

But then they cancelled it about an hour after I uploaded my ID stating they couldn't confirm it came from me.... Seriously WTF att.. So I just ordered it again and got the same delivery date. Probably should have left it alone cause something tells me they will cancel it again forcing me to have to call their support line or go into a store.

• Sad
Reactions: Caitraeki and rhyx

ap2992

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2020
PSA: CANCEL YOUR PRE-ORDER

Like most others, I preordered my 15 256 GB NT PM online, received a ship date of October 16-30, and then canceled the pre-order like some of you suggested. I re-ordered the phone in-store this Monday evening, and received the phone this afternoon, so 1.5 days later. It makes absolutely no sense but the pre-ordering system is a scam.

PorpoiseHork

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
So they canceled it yet again. I ended up calling in and the phone rep got my order entered about 30 min ago. A PM 512 in blue. Estimated shipping is Thu., October 5, 2023 - Fri., October 6, 2023.

Reactions: keeeenyaa

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
It's for the trade in...was there also paperwork explaining how to prep your old iPhone for trade in?

I've done this for a few years now and those parcel return labels are all I ever use.
Just a follow up...I used the parcel return labels included in the box the new iPhones shipped in (from AT&T).

Got emails today saying both trade-in iPhones made it back and all is well.

Caitraeki

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
PSA: CANCEL YOUR PRE-ORDER

Like most others, I preordered my 15 256 GB NT PM online, received a ship date of October 16-30, and then canceled the pre-order like some of you suggested. I re-ordered the phone in-store this Monday evening, and received the phone this afternoon, so 1.5 days later. It makes absolutely no sense but the pre-ordering system is a scam.
That’s crazy. Would I still be able to cancel though if my pre order technically says it shipped? Mine says shipped but it’s stuck on the label created status from September 16.

PorpoiseHork

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
That’s crazy. Would I still be able to cancel though if my pre order technically says it shipped? Mine says shipped but it’s stuck on the label created status from September 16.
You may have to call them to get it canceled.

On a flip note mine is already marked shipped. In under 2 hours from placing the order with the phone rep.

Reactions: Caitraeki

Lindamariee11

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2023
yeah and my bank returned my sales tax payment to me because it was sitting in pending status waiting for att to take it and they never did, meaning their not even working on my order, still sitting in “your in line”
They shipped mine a day or 2 after returning the payment. But if I was you I’d cancel and go in a store. The in store orders place priority

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.