Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
The regular 15 is the way to go. It's the perfect combination of size/weight/features in 2023.
I’m very happy with my regular 15 (other than second-guessing myself about the color, I got pink but now I wish I had green). I don’t think I would like anything bigger or heavier. I hope that Apple continues to keep something this size in their mid-tier lineup. I get a little worried by rumors that next year’s phones will be even bigger.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Yes, I’m sure for most people it is. However, for a professional photographer like myself, the cameras just aren’t good enough on the regular 15 for me. I do like the pink one a lot. I’d buy one just for the color.

The 15 Regular has the same camera as last year's 14 Pro. Perhaps your standards are a wee bit high for a pocket camera? I mean "isn't good enough for a professional photographer"? Come now.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I’m very happy with my regular 15 (other than second-guessing myself about the color, I got pink but now I wish I had green). I don’t think I would like anything bigger or heavier. I hope that Apple continues to keep something this size in their mid-tier lineup. I get a little worried by rumors that next year’s phones will be even bigger.

Doubt it, the majority of iPhones sold are the size of the Regular 15 and Apple would be foolish to push everyone to gigantic phones that can't fit comfortably in a chest pocket of a winter jacket or front pocket of a pair of jeans.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
The 15 Regular has the same camera as last year's 14 Pro. Perhaps your standards are a wee bit high for a pocket camera? I mean "isn't good enough for a professional photographer"? Come now.
It’s really not bad like you said, but it’s missing the telephoto which I use a lot. It may be the same sensor from the 14 Pro series but not the same optics. I’m sure they’re very close, but why they settle for last year‘s Camera when this year‘s Camera is 2 1/2 times better… especially with night mode and Astrophotography. The regular 15 just has a wide and ultra wide. I don’t use Wyatt angle that often and don’t really care for it that much. I prefer the 50 mm equivalent focal length. Sure I can always purchase a 2X lens from Moment or Sandmark, etc. to put over the 1X camera to obtain a portrait like lens. Yes, my standards are a lot higher than other people because I can take many different types of photos that other people can’t with my iPhone. I tend to push it further than most people using external lighting, ProRaw, etc.

Reactions: boltjames

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Looks like ATT has plenty iPPM 15 512GB, Natural Ti. I ordered on Sunday 10.8, delivered on 10.10 (yesterday)

Reactions: Gtwice

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Looks like ATT will never sell me another phone. I’ve been a customer forEVER, as in home phones starting 35 years ago, and cellular since before they even owned Cingular (28 years since I got my first cell phone), and I canNOT get my phone exchanged at this moment. I was within my 14 day exchange period, and have spent no less than FIVE HOURS the last 2 days on the phone because they cannot process an exchange. I can’t tell you how many departments have tried to do it, and how many escalations it has supposedly been to. It’s freaking ridiculous. It’s THEIR OWN POLICY, and they literally cannot make it happen. I mean they’re gonna have to come up with something, because right now it’s the principle of the thing, but I am way beyond annoyed.

BCBerkshire

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2021
Looking for advice. I paid off my 13PM and pre-ordered the blue 15PM from AT&T on 9/25 to get the trade-in deal. The shipping window they gave me was 10/9 - 10/23. I was kinda hoping it would magically ship before that, but alas, that never happened. So fast forward to today, 10/11, and it still hasn’t shipped. I know I have until the 23rd, but I have been reading how some people have cancelled their orders and managed to get their phone directly from the store stock.

Should I remain patient and give them time, or should I risk losing my place in line and cancel and try a different route? Knowing my luck, the 23rd will come and go and I will still be sitting here waiting on my new phone!

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Looking for advice. I paid off my 13PM and pre-ordered the blue 15PM from AT&T on 9/25 to get the trade-in deal. The shipping window they gave me was 10/9 - 10/23. I was kinda hoping it would magically ship before that, but alas, that never happened. So fast forward to today, 10/11, and it still hasn’t shipped. I know I have until the 23rd, but I have been reading how some people have cancelled their orders and managed to get their phone directly from the store stock.

Should I remain patient and give them time, or should I risk losing my place in line and cancel and try a different route? Knowing my luck, the 23rd will come and go and I will still be sitting here waiting on my new phone!
You should try your nearest ATT store (Corporate - not 3rd party) and see if they have stock or when they might have the phone you want. If they have it - go for it right there and cancel your online order. I think they could handle both transactions for you at the store. Good Luck!

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
This why I hate ordering online from AT&T.
I pre-ordered a 256 Natural Ti Pro Max the weekend it was announced and it still hasn't shipped.
I placed an order for the same on Sept 25 for a Oct 16-30 ship date....that never budged, in fact it seemed to slip past ie 26- nov 1. So I noticed the natty 512's were 2 day shipping. Cancel old order new...I guess I'm just impatient :)

Reactions: Gtwice

harpua626

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2018
Upstate NY
Looks like ATT has plenty iPPM 15 512GB, Natural Ti. I ordered on Sunday 10.8, delivered on 10.10 (yesterday)
I had preordered a 256 15 PM but canceled and changed it to the 512 in Nat Titanium. Now it will be shipped by Thursday instead of early November. Thanks for the heads up! 😀

Shellpvb

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
I had preordered a 256 15 PM but canceled and changed it to the 512 in Nat Titanium. Now it will be shipped by Thursday instead of early November. Thanks for the heads up! 😀
Did it take a while after you cancelled for AT&T to update your upgrade status? Thanks

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
Looks like ATT will never sell me another phone. I’ve been a customer forEVER, as in home phones starting 35 years ago, and cellular since before they even owned Cingular (28 years since I got my first cell phone), and I canNOT get my phone exchanged at this moment. I was within my 14 day exchange period, and have spent no less than FIVE HOURS the last 2 days on the phone because they cannot process an exchange. I can’t tell you how many departments have tried to do it, and how many escalations it has supposedly been to. It’s freaking ridiculous. It’s THEIR OWN POLICY, and they literally cannot make it happen. I mean they’re gonna have to come up with something, because right now it’s the principle of the thing, but I am way beyond annoyed.
Surprised it took you this long to have a terrible experience with them. Literally nearly every phone upgrade I've done with them has had something go haywire ... it's like waiting for other shoe to drop if I have to talk to someone on the phpone.

harpua626

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2018
Upstate NY
So I ordered my 15PM this afternoon. It already shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. Crazy lol

Excited, this is my first Max model. Always stuck with the regular pros.

myfoneisdank

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2009
Hoping someone can help me out. I upgraded via next up from a 13PM (paid off half and need to trade it in). When I received my 15PM, there is a return service label and a piece a paper about the trade in but it’s all in Spanish and I don’t speak Spanish. There is no pouch or anything else included like some others have mentioned. I called the main att phone number and they are beyond clueless. Should I just use this label and take a bunch of pictures?

Gtwice

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2023
Jackson, MS
I placed an order for the same on Sept 25 for a Oct 16-30 ship date....that never budged, in fact it seemed to slip past ie 26- nov 1. So I noticed the natty 512's were 2 day shipping. Cancel old order new...I guess I'm just impatient :)
I joined this forum just to thank you for your post about this! I preordered a Nat T. 256GB PM on the 20th, est. shipping 10/18 - 11/1, and crickets ever since! I cancelled that order and placed for the 512GB today and it's supposed to ship tomorrow or Friday! Thanks again for the info!! 😃

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Did it take a while after you cancelled for AT&T to update your upgrade status? Thanks

Nope. Maybe 3-4 minutes?
I had the same experience.

To make sure of the quick delivery date. I "upgraded" a different line to ensure the nat ti 512 Max would ship in a couple days. Once I verified, I canceled my 256 order. A few min later I got the cancelation email, and that status was reflected on the website. Ordered the 512. Done. Arrived 2 days later.

harpua626

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2018
Upstate NY
I had the same experience.

To make sure of the quick delivery date. I "upgraded" a different line to ensure the nat ti 512 Max would ship in a couple days. Once I verified, I canceled my 256 order. A few min later I got the cancelation email, and that status was reflected on the website. Ordered the 512. Done. Arrived 2 days later.
I put my order in yesterday afternoon, it shipped last night and is scheduled for delivery today. Crazy fast.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Finally got the shipping notice. 1 day earlier than what they said.

mjb0314

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Hoping someone can help me out. I upgraded via next up from a 13PM (paid off half and need to trade it in). When I received my 15PM, there is a return service label and a piece a paper about the trade in but it’s all in Spanish and I don’t speak Spanish. There is no pouch or anything else included like some others have mentioned. I called the main att phone number and they are beyond clueless. Should I just use this label and take a bunch of pictures?
IMG_0710.jpeg

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
There seemed to be a lot of confusion with the labels and such from ATT.

What I did was after 7 or 10 days of receiving the new phone, I went online and requested a replacement trade in kit, then just used that one.

I just sent it out but it should be good to go.

I have another phone I just received and will do the same thing with that one.

WOODYDOG1

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2023
Did anyone else that ordered 15pm for att ship from Rialto California or is that my return box

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231012_172601_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231012_172601_Gmail.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 34

Gonz25

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2023
I went to att store and ordered the 15PM in BT 512GB on 10/10. The att app says shipped on 10/11 through ups, well I click on ups tracking number takes me to the ups app and on there is says “Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.” Anybody else had an issue like this?

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I went to att store and ordered the 15PM in BT 512GB on 10/10. The att app says shipped on 10/11 through ups, well I click on ups tracking number takes me to the ups app and on there is says “Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.” Anybody else had an issue like this?
Could just be lag in UPS tracking updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.