Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Here are my current admin fees, but I only have one line.

View attachment 1679728
So that administration fee use to be $.99
That is also per line per month. I even pay one for my watch that I barley use online! So an extra dollar per line, say they have 100 mil subscribers. 100’s of millions every month they are getting extra and they want to stick us with a upgrade fee!! I swear to god this crap makes me mad

Reactions: Lsmachado

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I’m in the same boat. Please let us know how it goes!
So just got my bill. It is the price it’s suppose to be. I just disputed the fee and it was waived on the app(did not have to call in) so that’s 2 they waived in 2 months back to back. I do upgrade every year and have been with them for 8 years now

The1andOnly

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2020
Just to let you ATT guys know! My bill just came out with the $30 upgrade fee for my 12. There is a little “explain fee” option to click right under the fee. Click it and disput and say “you were told there would be no fee” and click submit. It came back with a “we will credit your bill $30”. First time I have seen this. I can’t stand those fee’s. Charge us extra to pay more money.?
Thanks for the thread. Just got mine waived the same way. Cheers!

Reactions: Renho

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
This is why I go no sim route. Don’t have to deal with the bs. But that’s pretty cool that att making it easy for you guys. Wonder how is with Verizon. I would always have to call few years ago.

Reactions: The1andOnly

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
2/5 lines showed a “valid fee” when I tried to dispute. On att chat now and they said they’re refunding the other 3/5 but will take a few mins.

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
For anyone still caring about this topic, here's my anecdote: a few weeks ago, I finally got a new phone (been riding with release-day-ordered iPhone 6 since Sept 2014); paid in full, purchased direct from Apple.

Got my latest bill notice this morning (due date first week of August), and it included the $30 fee. I planned to use chat to see if I could get it waived, but I first tried clicking on the links described upthread. While the "learn about this fee" link worked, when I tried to "dispute" the charge, all I got was an error message (sorry, can't recall exactly what it said).

Anyway, I got it removed via chat after having to read all the circular logic the rep was required to dish out justifying the fee. Only took like 10 minutes of my time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.