Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
:eek: *Sigh* My workspace. Post yours.

wires.jpg

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Nice, could call that wire mania. I'm sure that you know where every wire goes and its function. You need a wire guide. ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Is that a tv on top of the G5?

And why post a new thread when there are plenty of Mac setup threads already going?

D

Lacero

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Mr. Anderson said:
Is that a tv on top of the G5?

And why post a new thread when there are plenty of Mac setup threads already going?
Yeah, it's a 14" TV. Didn't know where else to put it. Fits perfectly too.

There are a lot of mac setups, but this thread is about wires. So I guess it deserved its own thread. :cool:

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Man.. I thought I was bad.

Sometime I have.. TWO wires!
Power.. and iPod cable! it's NUTS!!
:rolleyes:

That's a really great pic, though. It looks like a magazine ad, or a picture for a wire organizer.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
THANK YOU!

I feel so much beter about my cables after seeing that. PHEW!

I wish everything was/could be wireless.

I wish someone could come up with a way to SAFELY send electricity through the air to support machinery too

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I should have taken a pic of my desk a few weeks ago, I'll have a look around and see if I can dig one out, the wire situation was dire :eek: but it's all been packed up now (because of building/decorating), and I plan on getting a new desk (aluminum/glass), so hopefully that will give me the incentive I need to keep it tidy once it's all back in place!

edit: OK, found this, doesn't really do it justice, it doesn't actually look too bad here, but it was a nightmare back there!!!

cables.jpg

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
My cable clutter.

My mini is to the left of this pictures so not all wires are shown ;).
And yes that's dust on that older apple keyboard, doesn't get used much :eek: :D.
aotw1.jpg

A little bit more detail
aotw3.jpg

The back of my towers and the crawl-space behind my desk. The organised cables up front in the picture are ethernet, phone and power going to router, modem and all-in-one (fax).
aotw2.jpg

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Oooooo I'm gonna snap mine when I get home. Thankfully we're moving soon, so this will be a thing of the past (yeah right).

[This space reserved for my wiremess]

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I'll have to add a pic or two of my own cable nest when I get home from work. I'm not sure I'll compete with Lacero, though.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Jesus... have you guys ever heard of zip-ties? :eek:

Thankfully with my laptop I only have one wire that I can't cut... at least not for more than a couple hours anyway. Everything else is wireless or temporary.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Not too bad, but a lot for any laptop :)

Attachments

• DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00034.JPG
    DSC00034.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 121

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
reminds me that i need to clean up my desk area now..... maybe tomorrow, but wow thats pretty bad Lacero, definitely needs some work

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
rockthecasbah said:
I don't think there is any help for you man, did you make it messier on purpose?!?! :D
That is quite the mess!! I can't help but notice that the ipod isn't even plugged in. :D

<offtopic> edesignuk, is that a sliver of the Kensington PilotMouse in your post? Sweet mouse if it is. </offtopic>

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
zakatov said:
and I have bt mouse and keyboard

mess7mx.jpg

Now that is just plain frightening. :D Are those regular $2.98 extension cords some of those power bricks are plugged into? This is all plugged into just one outlet, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.