Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Balin64 said:
While I do not suggest that you GAF-tape everything (zip ties work much better) I appreciate Poeben's post.

You can also get a plastic tube into which you can stuff all your cables. I am very adamant about keeping my apartment free of cables. I go wireless whenever I can. BUT: I have connected to my desktop (iMac G5): a laser and a photo printer, a USB hub, a film scanner, and a FW HD. You would be surprised how much cableage that entails! I disliked the idea of all those cables showing between my desk and my wall, so I went to IKEA and bought a tube that allows you to hise them all. It works great. Attached is a pic of my set up. All my peripherals are on the bookshelf, and only one silver tube runs from the bookshelf to the iMac. Pretty sweet if I may say so... modestly.

Nice clean setup, Balin64. Is that a Howard Sayles image on your desktop? It is his style, but I don't recognize the image.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
has anyone seen these?

It won't do anything about your rat's nest, but it'll label them... and they're pretty. :)
"Which cable was the speaker power again? aggh!!"

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
katie ta achoo said:
has anyone seen these?

It won't do anything about your rat's nest, but it'll label them... and they're pretty. :)

Cool site ... thanks for the link. :)

I liked their designs ... like this two in one bowl/thermos
9a.jpg

... but im not so sure about that urinal lamp. :p
6a.jpg

peace | neut

Bloo Ice

macrumors regular
May 4, 2005
Kansas
katie ta achoo said:
has anyone seen these?

Saw those the other day, but in Lacero's case, I don't think they [or anything] would do much good. ;)

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
wire management, sort of

I have a few wires running under my PM's handles to help manage the clutter.

Attachments

• wires1.jpg
    wires1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 101
  • wires2.jpg
    wires2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 80
  • wires3.jpg
    wires3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 96

swy32x

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2005
F*ck.

So, today I'm bored, so I tidy my wires. Tidy up the USB Cables, the power cable, the line of speaker cable running from my iPod dock to my stereo.

Just got home from my mates house and my mum took my desk lamp so she could see her book properly.

Speaker wire everywhere, powerboard hanging out, stereo unplugged ... :mad:

*sigh* Some people just don't get it.

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
Snowy28 said:
F*ck.

So, today I'm bored, so I tidy my wires. Tidy up the USB Cables, the power cable, the line of speaker cable running from my iPod dock to my stereo.

Just got home from my mates house and my mum took my desk lamp so she could see her book properly.

Speaker wire everywhere, powerboard hanging out, stereo unplugged ... :mad:

*sigh* Some people just don't get it.

I feel for you. I spent a good hour sorting out my cables, which weren't too bad to start with. I reckon my housemates think I'm mad, everything has to be just so. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.