Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
I just hate when my Apple Watch refuses to fill in the Exercise rings when i go on my 30 min daily walks :/

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
Walks are tricky. To get the full allowance you have to speed walk almost.
Yeah i guess so maybe then??
I still feel like its something to do with the heart rate monitoring perhaps?

Yesterday i spent all day home and did not go for a walk at all yet before i went to bed its showing i completed 12 mins of Exercise with the green ring filled....go figure LOL.

Reactions: Captain Trips

Captain Trips

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2020
Yeah i guess so maybe then??
I still feel like its something to do with the heart rate monitoring perhaps?

Yesterday i spent all day home and did not go for a walk at all yet before i went to bed its showing i completed 12 mins of Exercise with the green ring filled....go figure LOL.
I have definitely noticed a correlation between the measured heart rate and how many active calories and exercise minutes I get.

In my case it was noticeable for different bicycle machines I have used, but I bet you are right that your measured heart rate is tied to the minutes of exercise you get.

Reactions: chriswhv6

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
I have definitely noticed a correlation between the measured heart rate and how many active calories and exercise minutes I get.

In my case it was noticeable for different bicycle machines I have used, but I bet you are right that your measured heart rate is tied to the minutes of exercise you get.
Actually i just went into the Fitness App on my iPhone, pulled up the Tuesday's outdoor walk i did of 36 mins and guess what....Heart Rate Graph Unavailable :/

So thats why indeed it didnt count it as Exercise for the rings.

Reactions: Captain Trips

Captain Trips

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2020
Actually i just went into the Fitness App on my iPhone, pulled up the Tuesday's outdoor walk i did of 36 mins and guess what....Heart Rate Graph Unavailable :/

So thats why indeed it didnt count it as Exercise for the rings.
Yeah, not getting a heart rate graph is annoying. That happens on my run workouts about once every one to two weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: chriswhv6

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Done yesterday...

IMG_2450.jpg

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Kinda surprised I made it — early even. I won't have a perfect month because I missed one day the first week. Ah well. At least I got the Nation Parks Challenge, too. I've made two months in a row, now, so I expect September to be something horrible that I will pass on. 🤪

F7C56403-C5D0-40B5-BE89-1BF64133B383_1_201_a.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.