Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
I have bought my 11 pro on 5.10.2019 and after 2 months the battery health is at 96%.Previous week it was at 97% within 1 week it drop down to 96%.Please help on what to do

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I have bought my 11 pro on 5.10.2019 and after 2 months the battery health is at 96%.Previous week it was at 97% within 1 week it drop down to 96%.Please help on what to do

Not normal. Maybe contact Apple and pay them for a battery swap if you’re in India?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
They ran the diagnostics and said everything is okay.They won't swipe the battery

Many stores agree to swap if you’re willing to pay for a fresh battery. They won’t do it for free. Which city are you in?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Possibly due to the heat from fast charging. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. If you’re planning to purchase a new battery, I wouldn’t bother with it until it’s about 85%. To get a better idea, you’ll need to check how many cycles on the battery.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
I don't charge it with fast charger that comes with the box.I charge it withh 5W charger.
[automerge]1575534683[/automerge]
Battery cycle shows 53.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Reset all settings.?

Yes start everything new. As if, it is a New Phone that you are activating for the first time. Take a Data Back Up and do it. I am not saying it will for sure 100% rectify your problem. But you can try it.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
I have tried all the troubleshooting steps.The one you are saying is.
I have already done that.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016

Calibrate once. Then DFU restore without backup.

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019

i had the same problem with my iphone xs... after about 2 weeks the battery capacity showed about 98%... after a few weeks it dropped to 96%... but at 96% there was no change, even after a month...

i would suggest to watch the battery capacity every week, maybe it stands still at 96%

you have warranty for the battery when it gets under 80% in one year.

Here is a link from the apple homepage:

Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.

Your battery's maximum capacity
The Battery Health screen includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability.
Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.
A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge.

Reactions: saksham vijan

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
i had the same problem with my iphone xs... after about 2 weeks the battery capacity showed about 98%... after a few weeks it dropped to 96%... but at 96% there was no change, even after a month...

i would suggest to watch the battery capacity every week, maybe it stands still at 96%

you have warranty for the battery when it gets under 80% in one year.

Here is a link from the apple homepage:

Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.

Your battery's maximum capacity
The Battery Health screen includes information on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability.
Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.
A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge.

My screen on time is reduced as well.Does this thing happened with you as well.?

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
My screen on time is reduced as well.Does this thing happened with you as well.?

sure... don't forget: you have a new phone. everything is new, there are a couple oft updates (or you download new apps) - and this needs CPU power which needs battery.
also on a new phone, you spend more time (maybe playing with the new camera or so on..) so there is more screentime at the beginning than in "normal" use...

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
What does Coconut Battery / iMazing show?
I don't know what to take out of this
D84C88D9-893D-4DF7-80C0-2A26003A4877.jpeg

[automerge]1575541105[/automerge]
sure... don't forget: you have a new phone. everything is new, there are a couple oft updates (or you download new apps) - and this needs CPU power which needs battery.
also on a new phone, you spend more time (maybe playing with the new camera or so on..) so there is more screentime at the beginning than in "normal" use...
Okay.
What if the battery health gets reduced again.?
Then what i should do.?

Reactions: hewastl286

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Okay.
What if the battery health gets reduced again.?
Then what i should do.?

How much sceentime do you have? are you a heavy user of the phone?

i would wait a few months how much the battery gets reduced.. when it gets under 80% in one year you still have warranty..
when you have apple care, you have 2 years warranty (under 80%)

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
How much sceentime do you have? are you a heavy user of the phone?

i would wait a few months how much the battery gets reduced.. when it gets under 80% in one year you still have warranty..
when you have apple care, you have 2 years warranty (under 80%)

4-5 hours.I am not at all a heavy user.I have observed that my battery health degrades by 1% every week since the time I bought my iPhone.Is this strange?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010

How do you use the device typically? Are you charging and running it down to the last bit and charging it again? Are you playing games on the device or otherwise using the device in a way that causes the device to heat up excessively?

This is not the usual drop one expects to see.

Last edited:

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
How do you use the device typically? Are you charging and running it down to the last bit and charging it again? Are you playing games on the device or otherwise using the device in a way that causes the device to heat up excessively?

This is not the usual drop one expects to see.

Also, your Coconut Battery app shows 53 cycles already in two months. This makes me think the battery is getting severely depleted before being charged again, yes?

I always charge my iPhone at around 30% or 50% and let it charge to 100%.Never drain my battery to 0% then charge it again.I do play 15-20 minutes of game in a day.I don't use my iPhone while charging, i remove the case, turn wifi and bluetooth off, cellular data off as well as well as auto brightness is turned off.I let my iPhone charge to 100%.Then start using it again

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I use my handset as and when I need to. I put it on charge using an iPad charger daily whenever I am at my desk. Sometimes I need the charge, sometimes I do not as battery is at 60% or above, but I put it on anyways. I really don't take any extra special care for the battery at all, yet my battery health is at 99%.

Personally I think people stress about battery health way too much. A drop from 97% to 96% health will hardly be noticeable in day to day usage, unless your mind is playing tricks on you!

Ignore it. Use the phone as intended. Its still under warranty - if its gets really low in a few months, or towards the end of the warranty period, then take it in for replacement. If Apple diagnostics currently state there is no issue then its unlikely Apple will do anything about it anyways.

Stop worrying and enjoy the phone.

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
I use my handset as and when I need to. I put it on charge using an iPad charger daily whenever I am at my desk. Sometimes I need the charge, sometimes I do not as battery is at 60% or above, but I put it on anyways. I really don't take any extra special care for the battery at all, yet my battery health is at 99%.

Personally I think people stress about battery health way too much. A drop from 97% to 96% health will hardly be noticeable in day to day usage, unless your mind is playing tricks on you!

Ignore it. Use the phone as intended. Its still under warranty - if its gets really low in a few months, or towards the end of the warranty period, then take it in for replacement. If Apple diagnostics currently state there is no issue then its unlikely Apple will do anything about it anyways.

Stop worrying and enjoy the phone.

Its still under warranty - if its gets really low in a few months, or towards the end of the warranty period, then take it in for replacement.
Stop worrying and enjoy the phone

I think thats the right way... wait a few months, use your phone.. and after a few months take a look again.. if it is above 80% everything is ok.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I always charge my iPhone at around 30% or 50% and let it charge to 100%.Never drain my battery to 0% then charge it again.I do play 15-20 minutes of game in a day.I don't use my iPhone while charging, i remove the case, turn wifi and bluetooth off, cellular data off as well as well as auto brightness is turned off.I let my iPhone charge to 100%.Then start using it again

Then that capacity loss is not normal. You should just use it the way you like. If there is a problem with the battery this way, most likely it will manifest within the year before your warranty expires. You could still talk to the authorised service centre for your peace of mind. See what they offer.

I do not think there is any need to remove the case, turn off WiFi and Bluetooth and cellular data even!

Also, since you mentioned automatic brightness is off, what is your usual brightness? Again, high brightness would only consume the battery faster and that means charging sooner, but it should not cause a 4% drop in capacity in two months.

Reactions: saksham vijan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.