Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
The Pro models come with fast chargers this time, use of which is known to reduce long term battery life.

i have always charged my iPhone with the 5W adapter.No fast charging ever.
[automerge]1575872227[/automerge]
If I say that my launch day 11 Pro just dropped to 99%, would that convince you otherwise?
Those things are estimates and without proper equipment you can’t really calculate the capacity accurately.

what if my SOT has reduced.?

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
what if my SOT has reduced.?

Slight decrease in usage times is normal. But if it’s really noticeable there could be other factors like the iOS itself. Wait for the official 13.3 and set it up as new if you could. That way you can rule out the software as the cause.

Edit: If the temperatures are high enough where you live it could affect the usage times too. That of course includes playing high intensity games and charging the iPhone when it’s hot outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: saksham vijan

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
Slight decrease in usage times is normal. But if it’s really noticeable there could be other factors like the iOS itself. Wait for the official 13.3 and set it up as new if you could. That way you can rule out the software as the cause.

when the iOS 13.3 releases.
I should install it directly or do the restore to 13.3 via itunes and then ser it up as new.?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I should install it directly or do the restore to 13.3 via itunes and then ser it up as new.?
Shouldn't make a difference. But if you are worried about it you can do it as was suggested and restore as new.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
Shouldn't make a difference. But if you are worried about it you can do it as was suggested and restore as new.

actually my macbook pro doesn't download the software and it got stuck then my iPhone restarts and it is not restored.
How to solve this any idea.?

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019

You can either put it in recovery mode and “update” using iTunes where you wouldn’t be losing any data or put it in DFU and set it up as new. Either should work.

Sorig

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
i have always charged my iPhone with the 5W adapter.No fast charging ever.
Yeah even for a fast charger your battery degradation seems a bit much.

Have Apple replace your battery.
If they won’t do it now, wait until it goes under 90% then try again.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I am starting to think that iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max have some issues with battery.
It can be the case or it is just a software bug which is showing battery health degrading
Launch Day 11 Pro Max here and don't have issues with mine.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 7.47.46 PM.png

Reactions: saksham vijan

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
The Pro models come with fast chargers this time, use of which is known to reduce long term battery life.

Way too much of a generalisation. Can you add measurable data to this? Many people want a new phone with better technology after 2-4 years these days anyway so I doubt battery life is not making that period.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
Mine's at 94.4% (94% in settings).

It's a launch day Pro Max with 110 cycles on it (more than one a day, I'm a heavy user).

I'm beginning to be a bit worried, I used my XR just as much and it was at 96% after a year...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.