Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BadBrownBear

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Any recommendations?

I was looking to get the Belkin 1, but realised it doesn't have a port to charge wirelessly so you have to physically plug it in the phone each time (What!?)

Any recommendations? Preferably with USB C. Wanting it for an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Moment’s are pretty great, I use this with a ProClip base in my Audi.

They also have vent mounts:
AF25174A-15AA-4240-AB18-23832BDD5D7C.jpeg

edit: realized you were looking for something with a charger - hope this helps anyway

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I’ve always used ProClip mounts in my wife and my cars.
When looking for a MagSafe mount for the 13 pro max I thought the proclip mount was pretty ugly.
That’s when I came across the Moment charging mount. It sure looks nice. I come today. I hope it’s good.

Reactions: chrisdazzo

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Sorry earlier in the thread I said I ordered a Moment charger. They don't have chargers. But I did order one of their tripod mounts.
The car charger I did order is from Spiegel ( Spiegel Wireless Car Charger ). I haven't received it yet but I have high hopes for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OddyOh

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Does anyone have this model?

I’m curious how the metal ball portion of the base mounts to the tapered base. I would like to replace my console shift knob with this unit. If it has a threaded connection, I could probably find an threaded adapter to make it work.

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Any recommendations?

I was looking to get the Belkin 1, but realised it doesn't have a port to charge wirelessly so you have to physically plug it in the phone each time (What!?)

Any recommendations? Preferably with USB C. Wanting it for an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

I actually got these 2

Spigen Mag Fit Phone Holder Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S5WP4TN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

and this Spigen USB C Car Charger, 45W... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VP3HLGW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Paired them with the official apple MagSafe charger.

i think it works great with my 12 pro. I use an apple leather case with MagSafe and a Caudabe Sheath case with MagSafe. Phone is secure and stays in place even over bumps and turns and has never fallen off. Not sure how it is with a Pro Max but I’m sure it will do the job as well.

lagflag

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2021
I just ordered this one based on some recommendation here, a Youtube video and Amazon reviews. Let's see how it is going to turn out:

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Check out the anker one. I had the esr originally and it was ok. Build quality was average and only having the circular part was annoying at times. I’ve found the anker to be of much better quality and a stronger hold. So much so that I bought a second for my wife’s car.

Anker Car Mount Charger, PowerWave Magnetic Car Charging Mount with 4 ft USB-C Cable, 7.5W for iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro/iPhone 12 Pro Max/iPhone 12 Mini (USB-C Car Charger Not Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZMJ96FP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4S3HH9VBGFN6KRTMP4PH

cub4bearin

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Does anyone have this model?

I’m curious how the metal ball portion of the base mounts to the tapered base. I would like to replace my console shift knob with this unit. If it has a threaded connection, I could probably find an threaded adapter to make it work.
So I hate all vent mounts for few reasons…. The main one is the cold/hot air blowing at the phone or the charger itself - that’s never good for the phone. And the other reason is that Mini Cooper vents are not the most friendly for any sort of clips etc.
I’m very curious to hear anyone’s opinion on the Spiegel mount? It looks great and it has the chargers build in, but is there anyone actually who got this and can attests for it?

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
I just ordered this one based on some recommendation here, a Youtube video and Amazon reviews. Let's see how it is going to turn out:
Same

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
So I hate all vent mounts for few reasons…. The main one is the cold/hot air blowing at the phone or the charger itself - that’s never good for the phone. And the other reason is that Mini Cooper vents are not the most friendly for any sort of clips etc.
I’m very curious to hear anyone’s opinion on the Spiegel mount? It looks great and it has the chargers build in, but is there anyone actually who got this and can attests for it?

I just received the Spiegel mount yesterday. On my car the area where I want the mount has a slight curve to it.
I mounted it there anyway to see how it would hold. It seems very secure. I tried it with a friends 12 pro max and it seems very secure.

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
I just received the Spiegel mount yesterday. On my car the area where I want the mount has a slight curve to it.
I mounted it there anyway to see how it would hold. It seems very secure. I tried it with a friends 12 pro max and it seems very secure.
Does it charge the phone at 7.5w or 15w?

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I have it plugged into a 24w cig adapter so I assume it will charge at 15w.
Although there isn't any specs on the website which makes me wonder. I think I'll drop them an email.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I got a reply from Spiegel.
Their mount is “MagSafe compatible” and charges at 7.5w.

That’s fine with me anyway as I’m getting a 13PM and I know the battery will last me all day.

Reactions: OddyOh and raab

cub4bearin

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
so is it worth the cost? I have been looking for a while now for mount like that and there is simply nothing like that... amazon has nothing besides air vents mounts, which I do not want.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
so is it worth the cost? I have been looking for a while now for mount like that and there is simply nothing like that... amazon has nothing besides air vents mounts, which I do not want.

If you’re ok with the 7.5w charge rate then I think it is well worth it. Very solid design, looks great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.