Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
the first window seems to be the finder window, the second is qspace

I have no idea why a Finder window and the QSpace preferences window open when you click on search in QSpace. I hope someone else has some explanation.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
hmm, hope so too. doesn't happen in your case?

When I click on the search magnifying glass, the search window pops up. Neither of the screenshots you posted is that window. Here is the window I see after clicking...

search.jpg

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
It's almost as if
made no difference put qspace where it says reveal in Finder

I wonder if "Show in Finder" is being triggered. I did a test and assigned Command-F to that, but leaving it still assigned to search. I was curious if both things would be triggered; they weren't. Only the "Show in Finder" was triggered.

I really don't know what's happening with you. Have you played with the settings much?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I don't know if Folders File Manager has been mentioned previously, but I just came across it. I know a lot of Windows users really want the tree-style file manager in macOS and this app gives it to them. It's pretty basic, but functional.

The Mac App Store download is a 14 day trial, with in-app purchase for $8.

Reactions: ixxx69

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
It's almost as if

I wonder if "Show in Finder" is being triggered. I did a test and assigned Command-F to that, but leaving it still assigned to search. I was curious if both things would be triggered; they weren't. Only the "Show in Finder" was triggered.

I really don't know what's happening with you. Have you played with the settings much?
Not really. It Must be some Setting in cannot find so far

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Is there a setting in QSpace to allow multiple (concurrent) file operations? Trying to copy several folders across drives and it seems to be only able to do one folder at a time. Anyone found a setting?

Last edited:

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
Copy one folder, and while it still copies, you can start the next copy and they will run both at the same time.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Copy one folder, and while it still copies, you can start the next copy and they will run both at the same time.
Sorry... edited my original post... I'm in QSpace... and I selected 4 folders and dragged them to another drive... looks like it copies them top-down on the list, serially.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
Sorry... edited my original post... I'm in QSpace... and I selected 4 folders and dragged them to another drive... looks like it copies them top-down on the list, serially.
yes, but if you select one folder and copy that, and while it copies that one folder you select the next folder and drag it over, it will start that second copy immediately.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
Found it - in the qspace search window I had To set global ok any Oher folder To Look in. That Field was empty. Now that it says global finder is Not being called anymore
I think I understand what you're saying. The Finder window you were getting was just QSpace prompting you to choose a folder for the search.

Reactions: tosbsas

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
That seems like a significant limitation. Any chance you can report it to them?

Barbaro

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2018
Each to his / her own. I've used Finder, Commander One, PathFinder, ForkLift and for me needs QSpace suits me te best.
Yes, QSpace for me too 👍
I’m working on QSpace Italian translation that will be available soon 😀

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Each to his / her own. I've used Finder, Commander One, PathFinder, ForkLift and for me needs QSpace suits me te best.

May I ask which advantages you found in Qspace over Forklift? I am between these two. If you already mentioned this I am sorry I missed it.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
While that is the "deal-breaker" for me with any app, I wouldn't use QSpace even if it did work with DFX. It's just too cumbersome and clunky looking and has too many features for my liking (or my needs). And by that I mean, there are so many options for use and customization that I don't have the time (nor would I want to spend it) to explore them all. Like I said earlier, for some people these are good things, but it just doesn't work for me personally.

can dfx access icloud drive and treat it like local macos folder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.