Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
London
Apologies if this has been posted but just wondering where the best place to sell my 14PM would be ahead of the 15 being released. Found a website in the UK called UR which has quoted my 799 which is highest I've seen. But there's nothing on the website on how long I have to send my device etc.

MusicMagpie have offered 720 and that'll only go down I reckon when the 15 gets announced.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I usually sell stuff on Backmarket, they offer good prices and the money is wired straight into your bank account. Here is their UK branch:

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
If you are shooting for 720-800 then why not just trade in with apple?

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Wouldn't imagine they would offer around that much to begin with. If they did offer anything between that figure then sure.
Can’t speak of UK, but US trade in was always at 720/790 fro pro maxes. I would assume the same but in gbp over there.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
I’m afraid for my resale value outside of apple because my 14 pro battery health is at a whopping 89% after only 1 year (i’ve never gotten this low off multiple years on previous phones). will prob just do apple trade in

waquzy

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
Apologies if this has been posted but just wondering where the best place to sell my 14PM would be ahead of the 15 being released. Found a website in the UK called UR which has quoted my 799 which is highest I've seen. But there's nothing on the website on how long I have to send my device etc.

MusicMagpie have offered 720 and that'll only go down I reckon when the 15 gets announced.
MusicMagpie and Mazuma are the best ones, some websites may offer more but are not as well rated. Or you could sell it on eBay using £1 max fees promotion, you would get loads more.

ShadowJade

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2014
Really ? The 14 is a year old, having a new phone every year is just gluttony
Versus waiting 3 years and paying $1200? I trade mine in every year to keep the renewal fee low. Just north of $1/day seems a small price to pay for what I get. I also am the main admin for a 410,000 member iphone group on FB, so I kinda need the newest unit...but I would still do it either way.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Versus waiting 3 years and paying $1200? I trade mine in every year to keep the renewal fee low. Just north of $1/day seems a small price to pay for what I get. I also am the main admin for a 410,000 member iphone group on FB, so I kinda need the newest unit...but I would still do it either way.
More money than sense lol, unless you’re a reviewer and making money from it, that’s a really poor argument

• Haha
Reactions: CrashKC

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305

Don’t worry I’ve been upgrading every year to newest iPhone since iPhone 4S. I’m on AUP. I also lease a new car every 3 years. If you can afford it. Do it. Do what you like and makes you happy. It’s your money. Don’t give anyone on here any explanation. Trust me. I’m ready for 15PM. Currently using my launch day 14PM. Got a few days left with it before I give it back to apple.

returnZero

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2021
But then you can trade in and pay 380 additional and upgrade? From my understanding, in 3 years, you would pay 2240 (1100+380*3) and own 4 new iPhones with fresh battery for a total of 4 years.
Or you buy one now and upgrade in 4 years once - you pay 2000-2200.

How about additional cost for the case and protection film we have to upgrade every time we get to trade in ? : )

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Protection film? Case on Amazon spigen and what not is $18 a year. 1 case per year for me. I’m on AUP. That’s what apple care + is for. Haven’t used a screen protector in awhile. Since titanium isn’t slippery like the 14PM I might go case less for the 15PM. If I find it too slippery it goes inside a spigen case from Amazon for another 12 months.

returnZero

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2021
Don’t worry I’ve been upgrading every year to newest iPhone since iPhone 4S. I’m on AUP. I also lease a new car every 3 years. If you can afford it. Do it. Do what you like and makes you happy. It’s your money. Don’t give anyone on here any explanation. Trust me. I’m ready for 15PM. Currently using my launch day 14PM. Got a few days left with it before I give it back to apple.

To me the word "afford" means that I can buy things with full cash payment without having commitment of being tied up with additional payment plans set in place in my financial picture

Leasing, having mortgages, or card debts on the other hand, undoubtedly illuminating the possibilities of one's incapability of future payment. Therefore one should avoid using word "afford" as long as his/her monetary obligation is still in progress.

Then again my idea on the subject matter gets contracted when I get to see most of financial institutions approve applications for those ones who can only potentially afford it.

Reactions: Phillyphil0302

returnZero

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2021
Protection film? Case on Amazon spigen and what not is $18 a year. 1 case per year for me. I’m on AUP. That’s what apple care + is for. Haven’t used a screen protector in awhile. Since titanium isn’t slippery like the 14PM I might go case less for the 15PM. If I find it too slippery it goes inside a spigen case from Amazon for another 12 months.
ah that's good to know ; )

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
To me the word "afford" means that I can buy things with full cash payment without having commitment of being tied up with additional payment plans set in place in my financial picture

Leasing, having mortgages, or card debts on the other hand, undoubtedly illuminating the possibilities of one's incapability of future payment. Therefore one should avoid using word "afford" as long as his/her monetary obligation is still in progress.

Then again my idea on the subject matter gets contracted when I get to see most of financial institutions approve applications for those ones who can only potentially afford it.

Agree but it’s basically a free loan. I rather have that cash in my bank account. 41 with kids. Mortgage and business. I’m at 7% if my credit utilization on my credit. Anytime I can get a free loan I do it. Like my progressive insurance for example. They take pay pal. Pay pal gives me 6 month no interest on any $100+ purchases. With progressive I can pay 6 monthly payments or pay in full and save $700 per 6 months. I use the pay pal credit. Schedule auto pay for 6 payments on pay pal. Free loan and $700 savings. Cash is extreme emergencies only. I don’t think I even use my debit card. I use my gold Amex everyday. Get points to travel etc. Pay end of month. Repeat.

jazzfade

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Richmond, VA
Agree but it’s basically a free loan. I rather have that cash in my bank account. 41 with kids. Mortgage and business. I’m at 7% if my credit utilization on my credit. Anytime I can get a free loan I do it. Like my progressive insurance for example. They take pay pal. Pay pal gives me 6 month no interest on any $100+ purchases. With progressive I can pay 6 monthly payments or pay in full and save $700 per 6 months. I use the pay pal credit. Schedule auto pay for 6 payments on pay pal. Free loan and $700 savings. Cash is extreme emergencies only. I don’t think I even use my debit card. I use my gold Amex everyday. Get points to travel etc. Pay end of month. Repeat.
Same. It’s silly to use cash for anything these days when you can make money off of any purchase. Cash is to pay the credit card bills.

Reactions: MacCheetah3

jazzfade

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Richmond, VA
Really ? The 14 is a year old, having a new phone every year is just gluttony
Not really. The longer you hang on to a phone the more it depreciates value - about 20-30% every year. Selling your phone after a year and taking advantage of upgrade offers actually makes more sense in the long run.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.