Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazzfade

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Richmond, VA
Apologies if this has been posted but just wondering where the best place to sell my 14PM would be ahead of the 15 being released. Found a website in the UK called UR which has quoted my 799 which is highest I've seen. But there's nothing on the website on how long I have to send my device etc.

MusicMagpie have offered 720 and that'll only go down I reckon when the 15 gets announced.
Not sure if it works for the UK but have you looked at sellcell.com? It compares all the buyback sites.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Really ? The 14 is a year old, having a new phone every year is just gluttony

This is an Apple fan site so realize a lot of users here are in the camp that upgrade yearly no matter if they are big or small changes. Let people enjoy what they want with their money. But if it makes you feel better, outside of the Apple fan sites majority of iPhone users do not upgrade yearly. As time has gone on and the prices for iPhones hit the 1K mark the mega hype days for iPhones have long passed. 2017 was the last time I saw people camp out for iPhones with the iPhone X.

emmab2006

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
Stoke on trent
This is an Apple fan site so realize a lot of users here are in the camp that upgrade yearly no matter if they are big or small changes. Let people enjoy what they want with their money. But if it makes you feel better, outside of the Apple fan sites majority of iPhone users do not upgrade yearly. As time has gone on and the prices for iPhones hit the 1K mark the mega hype days for iPhones have long passed. 2017 was the last time I saw people camp out for iPhones with the iPhone X.
I respect that. Well said sir.

i just dont have the money to do it , so i complain lol xx

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
If you can use Decluttr, they are giving an additional 10% for selling. I locked in a quote of $850. I’m waiting to see what the trade in is for Apple for my 14PM.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
If you can use Decluttr, they are giving an additional 10% for selling. I locked in a quote of $850. I’m waiting to see what the trade in is for Apple for my 14PM.
Have you used them before? I’m thinking of selling some of my older phones there.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Have you used them before? I’m thinking of selling some of my older phones there.
I just Decluttr last year no issue

This year I got crappy offer 675 for 14 pm 256Gb

I picked itsworthmore.com got $825

Also go to sellcell.com it compares dozens of companies that does trade ins

WishyWashyUK

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2021
Just a word of caution - I’ve used the UK price comparison sites before and been a bit stung. The company I chose (the top result at the time, Grade Mobile) had defaulted to ‘perfect’ condition without giving you the option to change it when requesting the comparison, so basically the quote they provided will be downgraded if your phone is anything other than pristine (my 13P was very good!). You can take their counter offer or ask for your phone back, but their return postage is only minimally insured so it’s risky so you’re kind of stuck…you can make them a counter offer and meet them in the middle which is what I did but I found the whole thing a bit misleading.

Still got a lot more than Apple was offering though!

TLDR; always read the small print! (& go direct where possible!)

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
London
Not as absurd as being bothered by how other people spend their money.
Tbf only reason I upgrade is because I know the value of my phone will depreciate by a lot the following year. In an ideal world, I wouldn’t want to upgrade every year but moving to USB C, better camera (especially for work) and new titanium is worth it for me. Plus my 14 Pro Max battery has been atrocious for some odd reason. Already down to 88% battery health which is so strange for a phone that’s coming up to a year.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Well you’d be wrong.

I don’t have to care about anything to state a fact. Not sure why you think I must but hey, hope this clears it up
If you really don't "gaf" as you put it, then why waste the time of commenting on what you refer to as the absurdity of getting a new phone every year? I sell my phone before each new Apple release and get about 85-90% of my money back to put toward the new phone. Someone gets my very well-maintained iPhone for a discount and I get the shiny new thing. I see nothing absurd about this situation.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
If you really don't "gaf" as you put it, then why waste the time of commenting on what you refer to as the absurdity of getting a new phone every year? I sell my phone before each new Apple release and get about 85-90% of my money back to put toward the new phone. Someone gets my very well-maintained iPhone for a discount and I get the shiny new thing. I see nothing absurd about this situation.
Good for you? These are forums. Hell, go buy 2 identical phones in different colors to match your wardrobe

still doesn’t change the fact it’s absurd to buy a new iPhone each year but again, you do you……clearly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.