Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Now that’s your subjective opinion
This is silly. Your opinion is not objective simply because your use case does not warrant upgrading every year. Whether you find it doesn't align with your personal values and worldview doesn't making upgrading absurd. It is absurd to you and not others. You're in a place where a good portion of the forums upgrade every year. Then you have others that upgrade every other year. And then you have those that only upgrade when their phone dies. None of these are any more or less absurd than the other. You simply dislike the idea of year upgrades. And that's fine. But that's anything but objective.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
This is silly. Your opinion is not objective simply because your use case does not warrant upgrading every year. Whether you find it doesn't align with your personal values and worldview doesn't making upgrading absurd. It is absurd to you and not others. You're in a place where a good portion of the forums upgrade every year. Then you have others that upgrade every other year. And then you have those that only upgrade when their phone dies. None of these are any more or less absurd than the other. You simply dislike the idea of year upgrades. And that's fine. But that's anything but objective.
Again, good for you. Justifying a behavior to yourself doesn’t mean it is not absurd. If it makes you happy, then great. Doesn’t change the fact it is materially absurd to upgrade each year. Just like it is absurd to buy a new car every 6 months

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Again, good for you. Justifying a behavior to yourself doesn’t mean it is not absurd. If it makes you happy, then great. Doesn’t change the fact it is materially absurd to upgrade each year. Just like it is absurd to buy a new car every 6 months
In your opinion, it's absurd, yes. Getting a new phone every year isn't even remotely the same as buying a new car every year. What's absurd is the analogy you're using to try and justify your subjective thought process.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
In your opinion, it's absurd, yes. Getting a new phone every year isn't even remotely the same as buying a new car every year. What's absurd is the analogy you're using to try and justify your subjective thought process.
Whatever floats your boat I guess…

sometimes analogies are needed to drive a point on what one is trying to justify otherwise

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Tbf only reason I upgrade is because I know the value of my phone will depreciate by a lot the following year. In an ideal world, I wouldn’t want to upgrade every year but moving to USB C, better camera (especially for work) and new titanium is worth it for me. Plus my 14 Pro Max battery has been atrocious for some odd reason. Already down to 88% battery health which is so strange for a phone that’s coming up to a year.
This is also a factor. You get the most money back the sooner you sell it. I'm sorry about your battery health. Mine is still at 100%. I've been very fortunate for how I often I use this phone.

Whatever floats your boat I guess
Thank you.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I’m not sure if it was last year or the year prior, but I got like $840 for my Pro Max from Apple. I think it was supposed to be like $780, but I got tax back on top of it.

if I could get more than $750 from them I’ll be happy.

otherwise I’ll try to sell for that amount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.