Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Last night, I posted that I was afraid the watch I ordered wouldn't fit. Got it today, it fits with not a lot of loop left. I got the 38mm with Milinese loop. I owe apologies to people who I got upset with when they were rude to me. So I am very sorry. I hope everyone is enjoying their watches and if you haven't gotten it yet, I hope it comes soon. I have changed the face to the flowers. I had ordered the 42mm SS watch to try in case this one didn't work. It was scheduled for delivery in June, but I think I will cancel it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,865

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Thanks for your opinion.# By the way you are not a Grinch, you are sharing your opinion.

jaeb0922

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2012
Rhode Island
I hate to be a grinch but it doesn't fit well on you. I suggest getting the 42mm and a larger band.

Looks a bit snug to me. The 42 is definitely the way to go. What is the size of your wrist in inches or mm? I am VERY large also. I actually had two more holes punched with a leather hole puncher today and mine fits "better".

I hope Apple creates an XL band. I will buy all of the sport colors!

Husher315

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Narberth, PA
Not meaning to be rude, but it looks like it's badly indenting your skin. You may want to hold onto the 42mm pre-order. I feel you. I did the same thing with the 38mm Sport. It's going to fit me, but just fit...

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
I did order a 42mm SS with sport loop, but when I showed my sister, she thought this one looked good since I am a girl. The other watch is not slated to ship til June.

Husher315

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Narberth, PA
I did order a 42mm SS with sport loop, but when I showed my sister, she thought this one looked good since I am a girl. The other watch is not slated to ship til June.

I hear you. Just saying, hold onto the preorder. Get that one, and if you're happy still with the 38mm, keep it. You can always sell one or the others.

Another option is third party bands which I will certainly be looking into when I get mine. Hope you enjoy! :D

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Thanks everyone for your opinions. The band doesn't pinch or anything. Just loosend the band more, does it still look bad? I can slip two fingers under the band, so it isn't tight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 963

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Thanks for your opinion.# By the way you are not a Grinch, you are sharing your opinion.

You just need a wee bit more room. I also think the proportions on the 42mm Milanese or leather loop would suit your wrist better.

I love the Mickey face, too. It's on mine. That's a 38mm I'm wearing in the pic. I'm a girl with narrow wrists, though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 701

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Thanks everyone for your opinions. The band doesn't pinch or anything. Just loosend the band more, does it still look bad? I can slip two fingers under the band, so it isn't tight.

I really do think you could do this with the larger case on the 42mm for a little extra play in the band. I love the Milanese, but if my wrist was wide enough to go for a 42mm, I would also consider the leather loop. It's very comfortable.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Can you post a picture of the clasp area?

From the pictures it does appear to be on the snug side.

I think the 42 would be a viable option.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Last night, I was certain that I would be able to get my hand through the loop. It went through easily. Thanks for sharing, it gives me something to think about.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
You just need a wee bit more room. I also think the proportions on the 42mm Milanese or leather loop would suit your wrist better.

I love the Mickey face, too. It's on mine. That's a 38mm I'm wearing in the pic. I'm a girl with narrow wrists, though.

Looks great on you!

Crazy Matt

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2015
USA

I think it looks fine. It would be helpful if you could take a picture showing more of your arm and hand to put into more perspective. Post another pic please.

BritinNC

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2006
NC
For those that don't have their watches yet, sorry that really sucks and I don't mean to rub it in here I'm just trying to be helpful. I keep switching between what size works best for me. I originally ordered the 38mm then also ordered a 42mm just in case. When I went to the try on at the Apple Store I was convinced that the 42mm was best. Of course only the 38mm shipped but now that I've been wearing it all day I'm wondering if I will keep this one rather than the 42. I think it has something to do with the bands, I tried the 38 with the white sports band and didn't like it, but with the black sports band that I have I think it looks better.

My point is make sure you try on the exact size and band you will be buying as I think it can influence your decision. If you are one of those people who can go 38 or 42 like me.

Just some food for thought.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Here is the picture you asked for. I don't really want to send this one back. I haven't canceled the other yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 719
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.