Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
Glad it fits you, and your happy with the fit. To me it looks a little snug still, but I never really cared for tight watches. My main question is with not much loop back on the band, how secure does it feel.

Teach4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
It feels quite secure and comfortable. Thanks for asking.��

Last edited by a moderator:

eifer

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
I think the size of watch will look good either way on you (38 or 42). The watch band just don't seem right though. Your wrist looks too pinched & the band doesn't look like it has enough slack. My suggestion would be to head to the apple store and try on some of the other bands and see which is the best.

joshneedham

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've got big wrists, around 8.5", if I measure in mm snugly I squeak by at like 215mm. Anyway, regardless of my wrist size, my wrists are just naturally wide. I could have a dramatically slimmer figure and that wouldn't make my wrist bones be closer together lol; anyways, sometimes a watch band will 'look tight' on me when it isn't because the band sits where the wrist narrows then widens at the base of the hand. Oh well. I tried on the sport (L), Milanese, leather loop, and ordered (and received) the 42mm on black leather with classic buckle. I wear it 3(!) holes tighter than the biggest it'll go. They all fit me with room to spare. Congrats on your watch, enjoy it and disregard any naysayers. I agree with you that the 38mm is more feminine and it fits and works well for you, so hell yeah.

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
If there is one thing I learned from the try-on appointment I had, it's that seeing the watch face sizes in person is a completely different experience than seeing them in pictures. I would just go with your heart and stick with the 38 if you think it looks good on yourself.

alxz1194

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2007
Whatever you're most comfortable with is what you should go with. Maybe see if you like the 42mm and return it if you dont :)

Last edited:

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
OP I think all that needs to be said is if it feels good on your wrist and you like it then enjoy it! If the band doesn't feel like it might come loose then keep on rocking in the free world! :cool:

trek360

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
OP
Go with what you like. The pics can be deceiving. You also don't have to make any decisions tonight. Wear it for a week and see how it feels.

Thanks for posting and sharing your pics w us. I'm still waiting for mine. :)

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
Hey Dude, I was one of the guys last night. I wasn't trying to be rude so much as to get you to shake off the panic attack. Glad you are happy with your watch now.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Another shot, this time I pulled back as recommended. Sorry the size of my wrist and arm offends people. But please keep that part to yourself.

After seeing the full hand with fingers pictures, I think the 38 looks fine.

Really the size of a watch is to each person's personal choice. I generally like smaller tech. I've got the iPhone 6 but wish I could get those internals in a 5 body. I've never liked the giant clunky watch look, which has kind of taken over. So I see the appeal for a smaller apple watch. Yes, you could wear the 42 and that too would look fine. But if you can get all the functionality with the 38, I see no reason why you have to go for the bigger watch just because your wrist and hands will not be overpowered by the 42. There are very logical reasons to buy and wear the smallest functional tech that modern science can manufacture.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
I don't think it looks bad at all. Wear it a couple days and make sure YOU like it and you are comfortable. There are also a number of 3rd party bands out there that you may like as well. Enjoy your watch!

Chiguy12

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2015
Chicago
Here is one showing more of my arm and hand. Thanks again.

Hey I don't want to sound mean but this watch looks absolutely horrible on your wrist. First the 38mm is way too small and looks horrible. Second the band seems like it's really constricting your wrist which is bad for circulation. It just looks like you're really trying hard to make this work. It's like trying to fit in size 2 jeans when you're size 8 or whatever women wear.

My advice to you is to go for the bigger one or nothing at all. Your fingers are big too so I have no idea how you can navigate this watch. Go for bigger watch.

Again I'm just being honest and don't mean to offend you. Im a guy with tiny wrists and although I wanted the 42mm, it look ridiculously big and just didn't match so I went with the 38mm but at least it looks good. See pic I'm wearing 38mm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 275

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Gosh, another woman in this forum with gorgeous nails. Sigh...I'm going to have to grow mine out again and put some polish on before I share my watch on arm pics. And my forearms are all cut up from my wrestling dead growth and brambles from my gardens this week. Me and my tomboy life! :rolleyes:

Well after I got done being distracted by your beautiful nails, I took a hard look at the watch on you. You're lucky in that 38 or 42 watch bodies would both suit you well. So if you want longer battery life and an easier to see display from the 42, you're good to go with that size.

38 looks nice and petite and feminine on you. Looks more like a standard ladies analog, and that may be what is putting some people off, because the trend now is to have watches big and bold. Especially smart watches.

It does look like you could use a tiny bit more play in the band which that band can't offer you. It's a shame Apple can't offer a longer band for the 38 mm watch. But if you say it's comfortable and you like it, by all means keep it.

I have a thin wrist but my sport band is biting into my wrist and indenting it, too. Unlike you, though, I find it uncomfortable. I have no choice about that...that's how the band fits me best. If I loosen it just one notch, the sensors don't touch my wrist anymore. :(

I might have to buy a leather or Milanese band that lets me get a better fit. I can't fine tune this sport band well enough. I won't get rid of it but I'll save it for work when I might get the band wet.

It's great to see that you came back. I hope and pray all is well and that the health scare you mentioned last night turns out alright.

jediuia

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Thanks everyone for your opinions. The band doesn't pinch or anything. Just loosend the band more, does it still look bad? I can slip two fingers under the band, so it isn't tight.

If you're comfortable with it keep it. Don't worry about what everyone thinks, you can always get a third party band down the road as there will be many options.

jediuia

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Hey Dude, I was one of the guys last night. I wasn't trying to be rude so much as to get you to shake off the panic attack. Glad you are happy with your watch now.

You're trying not to offend and just called her a dude, yikes:eek:

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
I don't have any context as to what OP is apologizing about, nor do I have time to read every post in this thread.

The watch looks to be too small for her wrist. In my opinion, that is definitely not a good look. If the OP is fine with this look, it doesn't matter what I think or what others think. If she is happy, that is all that matters

Last edited by a moderator:

dwburnell

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
I think the 38mm suites you very well. The band looks a little snug in your pics, but the most important thing is how it feels. If you are comfortable in it, I say keep it! :D

anitasanger

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
I think the photos look quite lovely. As long as it's comfortable and you like the way it looks, that's all that matters. Aesthetics are very subjective, so everyone is going to have a different opinion. Be happy that you got a watch in the first wave and rock that bad boy! You can always try sport bands as well. I love my blue one, it's ultra comfortable!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.