Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I’d like my MacBook Pro 15” to have a touch screen, but I think that if I had an iPad with a screen that large that I’d have a stand for it and it would sit on my desk for the most part, like my MacBook Pro does. With a large iPad though, the benefit would be that I could buy my apps once and not have to buy them on both the iPad and Mac. So from that angle, it’s a possibility that I could go that way one day if it was an option, but for now I’d keep my MacBook Pro as its the 2019 8-core model and it will last me a number of years.

So my MacBook stays at home usually, but I do take my iPad Pro to work and everywhere. I still have my iPad Pro 10.5 even though I bought the iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen. I also added a mini 5 which is handy as a ultra portable iPad. Until recently, I was considering that my next iPad would be a future generation (2 or 3) of the iPad Pro 11” with the consideration that it’s a bit more portable than the 12.9, but I am now use to the larger screen of my 12.9 and I think that I might miss the 12.9 if I traded all of mine in for the 11”. So now I’m unsure and think that I might need to stick with the 12.9 size going forward. When I use my 10.5 now it feels comfortable to hold, but the screen feels a bit on the small side now that I have been using the 12.9 a lot.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
I’d like my MacBook Pro 15” to have a touch screen, but I think that if I had an iPad with a screen that large that I’d have a stand for it and it would sit on my desk for the most part, like my MacBook Pro does. With a large iPad though, the benefit would be that I could buy my apps once and not have to buy them on both the iPad and Mac. So from that angle, it’s a possibility that I could go that way one day if it was an option, but for now I’d keep my MacBook Pro as its the 2019 8-core model and it will last me a number of years.

So my MacBook stays at home usually, but I do take my iPad Pro to work and everywhere. I still have my iPad Pro 10.5 even though I bought the iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen. I also added a mini 5 which is handy as a ultra portable iPad. Until recently, I was considering that my next iPad would be a future generation (2 or 3) of the iPad Pro 11” with the consideration that it’s a bit more portable than the 12.9, but I am now use to the larger screen of my 12.9 and I think that I might miss the 12.9 if I traded all of mine in for the 11”. So now I’m unsure and think that I might need to stick with the 12.9 size going forward. When I use my 10.5 now it feels comfortable to hold, but the screen feels a bit on the small side now that I have been using the 12.9 a lot.

What a sweet Christmas story.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I would buy a bigger iPad Pro in a heartbeat. I have two iPad Pro’s, an 11” and a 12.9”. The 11” is perfect for work, take it and use it every day since launch (no bends!), there’s very little I’d change about it.

At home, I almost exclusively use the 12.9”, and always in landscape. A 16” version would be tremendous, preferably with a more fully featured ASK with a function row and, though I’m not clamouring for it, a trackpad.

C’mon Apple.

I’m done with mac laptops for my usage, haven’t used my 15” 2013 MBP for ages. Still need and use my 2012 Mac Mini & Thunderbolt Display. Got 7 years good service out of this combo, sticking with Mojave. Might replace it with an iMac whenever a redesign comes along that embraces some of the iMac Pro internals/thermals.

Last edited:

axel9546

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2017
The cool fact is that you can make a Flippable ipad, so when we need mobility we use it closed, when we are at desktop, we can use it opened.
The 2nd cool fact is that we would need 3 more faces, not only one, so we can enjoy a very good desktop device. If it will be only 2 side foldable, its pretty useless, but if 1 side become 4 faces, thats pretty good

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
The cool fact is that you can make a Flippable ipad, so when we need mobility we use it closed, when we are at desktop, we can use it opened.
The 2nd cool fact is that we would need 3 more faces, not only one, so we can enjoy a very good desktop device. If it will be only 2 side foldable, its pretty useless, but if 1 side become 4 faces, thats pretty good

it might be cool but imagine the cost of a device like that 🙈

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.