Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Even then, you would need to be booted to a macOS version that provides access to the older purchased installers. I think that was dropped by Sierra. Any newer system App Store does not show system installers under Purchased tab.

daveyanthony

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2019
Tennessee
No, I haven't

Mostly curious why the other old macOS versions have download links except Mavericks.
This is because any Mac that could run Mavericks, could also run Yosemite, to my understanding. So therefore they had no "need" to keep it up like the other versions, still it is odd that they excluded that one single version though.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
It's not really "excluded", however.
It still remains in my "purchased" tab on an older system App Store, because I purchased Mavericks when it was a current system.
That is still listed as available to me on an older system App Store, listed and available my own purchases, where I can download the full installer, if I wish. But, I have to be booted to an older system, El Capitan or older, I think.
But, yes, not available through the usual Apple sources, when there is no previous history of a purchase of Mavericks.

sdfox7

Contributor
Jan 30, 2022
USA
Not sure if this was ever resolved, but I just noticed Mavericks is available at The Internet Archive:

Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks Installer

Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 6.07.29 PM.png

kt7a-raid

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2020
If someone needs a working USB installer for Mavericks as of today do this:
* Download a copy of this ISO file.
* Download Balena Etcher.
* Burn the ISO image to an 8GB USB with Balena Etcher.
* Boot the USB by holding OPTION key at boot and select the installer in a Mavericks supported machine.
* Open terminal and issue this command:
Code:
date 0101010116
* Exit the terminal and proceed with the installation.
The same USB can be used for creating a virtual machine in Parallels as long as you change the date from terminal as described above. For some reason the original ISO file attached as a boot image to Parallels is not recognized and it boots to a forbidden sign screen.
Thanks @startergo , it works like a charm on my cMP5,1 - it is very convenient to dump/flash cMP bootrom - no need to enter Recovery 1st in order to disable SIP like on Mojave, and I installed two copies, one on USB thumb disk, another on a HDD;

Attachments

• WechatIMG80.jpg
    WechatIMG80.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 48
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.