Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkKnight1968

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2017
Ugh. Picked up a new Apple Watch Series 6 today. Hoping this might solve some of the woes posted above. It did not. The problems persist and I can't seem to get any of the complications or watch faces to customize like I want them or like I used to be able to do. Is anyone else having similar issues with this app right now? I'm hoping maybe these bugs are attributable to the new iOS and Watch OS.

It seems where everyone else has a "more" option when setting up complications, I have none.

Try deleting the app from the watch and reinstalling it. That worked for me.

Reactions: Achilles75

Achilles75

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Yes, I am on Tier 1, which should allow access to the complications I am after. I had also tried deleting the app from the watch, as well as rebooting both devices to no avail.

What finally worked was deleting the app from the watch AND my phone and doing a fresh install. After that, plus a restart on both devices, seems to be working properly now.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Yes, I am on Tier 1, which should allow access to the complications I am after. I had also tried deleting the app from the watch, as well as rebooting both devices to no avail.

What finally worked was deleting the app from the watch AND my phone and doing a fresh install. After that, plus a restart on both devices, seems to be working properly now.

Good to know - will have to remember this if anyone else asks. Wow. Well at least we have a happy ending! Thanks for letting us know.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
My tier 3 just expired. I didn’t renew. I sold my Apple Watch while I wait for the new one to arrive. Then I’ll renew.

I only /need/ tier 2 (well ‘need...’) but the app is go enjoyable I think I should re-up just to support. Current challenges notwithstanding, I love this app.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
My tier 3 just expired. I didn’t renew. I sold my Apple Watch while I wait for the new one to arrive. Then I’ll renew.

I only /need/ tier 2 (well ‘need...’) but the app is go enjoyable I think I should re-up just to support. Current challenges notwithstanding, I love this app.

You and me both. I don't use the maps hardly ever but... Tier 3 all the way. :) Love the app, love the developer, I'm a happy meatbag.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012

I just opened my AW6 and set it up as new ... installed Carrot. My only option was 5 hours! Nothing I could do would make it see more than 5 hours until -- restarted both the iPhone and the Watch - then it showed all the options in the Apple Watch app. Definitely think this is an AW bug? Maybe? Similar but not quite exact to what you had. But it brought me back here to comment. :)

Xtian1206

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2015
Will do. It has been working ok until i noticed it again recently.

There were days that'll behave this way but opening the app on the iphone seems to correct this. Unfortunately not this time around.

Thanks

873b09c86dca1cc6bb20a310d6bed2e2.jpg

Has this been fixed yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.