Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cosmo M3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Update:

I've had the Apple Smart Folio (Electric Orange) since Launch Day and it's been holding up great after months of daily use. It's proven its utility and the folding cover has been great while I'm doing other tasks.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Update:

I've had the Apple Smart Folio (Electric Orange) since Launch Day and it's been holding up great after months of daily use. It's proven its utility and the folding cover has been great while I'm doing other tasks.
Good to hear.
My Electric Orange got delivered yesterday.
Think I'm going to pick me a sleeve case up to my Mini in when I carry it in my bookbag

dave559

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
I have recently bought an iPad mini 6, and am also trying to find a suitable case. I have had a look at the suggestions in this thread (thanks, all) but none seem to be quite what I want.

My old iPad is a Mini 4 and I have the STM Dux case for it, which has served me very well: strong, rubbery, grippy, protects all sides and corners well, and with a folding cover/stand that stays up fairly well (most of the time, as long as it doesn't get dislodged from the tiny clips that hold it at the right angle). So I am naturally looking at the STM Dux Plus Case for iPad mini 6, but I'm a bit less keen on how the slot for the Apple Pencil has a large open gap in the middle to pick up the stylus, rather than a push-through hole that most other similar cases seem to have (especially as I don't have, and most likely won't get, an Apple pencil).

I am also using my iPad more often as an ebook reader nowadays, so I am also tempted by cases which have a rotatable stand which can be used in either landscape or portrait orientation. However, most of these that I have seen on a certain well known shopping site seem to be from a plethora of anonymous Chinese manufacturers, with mixed reviews and comments that often either the fit is often poor or they fall apart or break easily if the iPad is dropped, not often providing much protection. Many also seem to have some sort of screen protector as an integral/required front part of the case (which holds it all together), and I'm worried that either these won't rest cleanly against the screen, making the screen less responsive, or possibly that they have to adhere themself to the screen(?), which worries me that they might cause damage or be difficult/impossible to remove in the future (or am I worrying too much about this)?

For example: SEYMAC case (with integral screen protector), Philenta case (without screen protector) - but not many reviews and one particularly negative one.

Does anyone have any good (or bad) experiences with these cases, or suggestions for similar models (it's the more sturdy (but not too chunky) case style that I want. not the minimal folio flap style).

sebmar.nl

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2022
I think it would be great if Nomad leather goods would make a horsemen leather case such as the one on my 13 Pro. I love the look of that one. Thinking of ordering an ESR hybrid rebound case for my (soon to be ordered) iPad mini 64 Gb.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Have the Soke case. Debated against the magnetic attachable ones for fear that it may fall out accidentally. When I fold the cover back, it gives me a place to grip the case, making the iPad Mini a nice reader.

Been searching for a nice keyboard case for the Mini 6, but because it's physically smaller than the Mini 5, there are compromises to the number of keys manufacturers can fit. As a result, I use the Mini solely as a handheld device rather than a quick typing device. I did love my Mini 5 keyboard.

Still, longing for a "full" sized Mini 6 keyboard... Will take any suggestions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.