Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cosmo M3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Hey everyone - I’m curious for those that have ordered/bought the iPad mini 6, what case will you be using for it? Can you post pictures and links for those that are shopping around?

Reactions: philosophree

Cosmo M3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
I will be using the SmartFolio with Logitech Keys To Go until an actual keyboard case is released by Brydge, perhaps. I was hoping for an Apple keyboard to go with the new Mini, so I am slightly disappointed.
I ordered the Smart Folio case for myself as well, but I don't like how the edges of the folio feel on my palm when I have the front cover folded back.

Reactions: CR4V3

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
04475879-04FF-4CC5-ACBC-5BE08D01EF07.jpeg

This is the one I ordered from Amazon. For all the minis I’ve owned over the years I generally prefer just a clear back case/shell thing. I usually get one from ESR but until they come out with theirs, this will work.

vespagirl

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Connecticut
View attachment 1832226
This is the one I ordered from Amazon. For all the minis I’ve owned over the years I generally prefer just a clear back case/shell thing. I usually get one from ESR but until they come out with theirs, this will work.
I do like a clear case, especially since I got the purple one. Thanks for sharing! I was checking out the dimensions and it seems as though the Mini 6 is a wee bit smaller in height than the 5, so I am interested if it will fit into my existing Brydge keyboard minus the plastic protective cover. We shall see.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
I will probably use the Apple folio most of the time but I take my Mini to our camp and have it with me when I run trail cameras. On the 4 and 5, I use the Apple silicone back cover.

I will probably get one of these or something similar for camp use. This first one has corner protection.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
If you are planning to buy a case from Amazon, I recommend not to get the procase one. They stamp their logo on the front bottom right corner and the logo isn’t really best looking. There are similar ones you can get that have no branding on them such as moko. I’m keeping the moko and returned the procase. Still need to test the case once the mini arrives.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
View attachment 1832226
It doesn’t look like this one has the side opened to attach and charge an Apple Pencil 2.

Tsikura

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
New York
Last edited:
Reactions: Dprof and sinsin07

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
im looking for a thin and light case, similar to the apple smart folio, but one that supports multiple angles. i use my ipad a lot while sitting on the couch and rest it on my legs. the smart folio isn‘t going to be very stable.

kawalerzysta

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
Hey everyone - I’m curious for those that have ordered/bought the iPad mini 6, what case will you be using for it? Can you post pictures and links for those that are shopping around?
I am not ordering mini since my mini since I am still happy with my mini 5. But case that I recommend to get, does not matter which iPad is Zugu case. I have it on my Mini 5, iPad Air and had it on previous iPads. They are probably one of best cases on the market. Case for Mini 6 should be out soon. Check their website and amazon.

tpfang56

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2021
I just ordered the ESR Classic Hybrid in clear. Has anyone else ordered this case?
Was it this one? I ordered one in clear as well with it being projected to ship in november (!). It looks like they removed the clear option for now.

I ended up getting this other magnetic case for now because there are so few cases that match the purple without being a hideous overly saturated shade, and I didn't want to get a boring black/gray case either.

maleficent86

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Was it this one? I ordered one in clear as well with it being projected to ship in november (!). It looks like they removed the clear option for now.

I ended up getting this other magnetic case for now because there are so few cases that match the purple without being a hideous overly saturated shade, and I didn't want to get a boring black/gray case either.

It’s this one https://www.esrgear.com/products/ip...p6aH1LyoB1l_uhkPlgeH_pc6VZfn4tfjHFxuY=.JbWTAc

tpfang56

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2021
Oh, I saw that one too. I'm planning on getting a clear case, but I want one that is 100% soft TPU without a hard back.

Edit: I just checked again and a bunch of slim clear cases were added today. I'll probably pick a cheap one to try out.

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I like using my iPads naked , hate the feel of cases, I do like sleeves for when not in use tho , I have been looking online and it’s been slim pickings as it’s still new, I ended up ordering the Herschel Spokane Sleeve in Black, Its designed for the iPad mini 5 but judging by the measurements , the iPad Mini 6 is 7.8mm shorter , same width , and .2mm thicker , so it should easily fit in the sleeve.

3DFC2280-257A-4476-A82D-1152D64BFAF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PinkyMacGodess
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.