Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tpfang56

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2021
Was it this one? I ordered one in clear as well with it being projected to ship in november (!). It looks like they removed the clear option for now.

I ended up getting this other magnetic case for now because there are so few cases that match the purple without being a hideous overly saturated shade, and I didn't want to get a boring black/gray case either.

I just wanted to follow up on this case. My review is: don’t buy it. It’s heavy, cheap feeling, and rather sharp on the edges. Ended up getting a dark cherry folio case which is much lighter and nicer feeling. The magnets are way better too. I’ll be returning this case asap.

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
i’m hesitating between dark cherry and black Smart Folio for smart gray mini 6? What do you think about?

Reactions: nepats81

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I have a Ztotop Magnetic Smart Folio, much like the ESR, it is nice as a slimline cover, but not very sturdy as a stand.

I also have this one from Ztotop which I have for my 12.9 and loved it, so was pleased to see them release it for the Mini 6. It is just brilliant.

Looks great, feels premium, offers protection and the magnetic support for adjustable viewing is spot on!

Highly recommend..

i'd love to get a comparison between this case and the zugucase. from just viewing on the web, it seems like the zugucase just provides a few more angles. and the pen holder is a little less bulky. im now using the apple folio and really loving the size and weight. it just isn't so good for lap use. does this add a lot to the size and weight?

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I like simple cases with no cover. I've been using the TineeOwl Ultra Thin case on my Mini 5 and am waiting on them to release the blue one for the Mini 6. The black one is already up on Amazon.

rukind2

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2012
i'd love to get a comparison between this case and the zugucase. from just viewing on the web, it seems like the zugucase just provides a few more angles. and the pen holder is a little less bulky. im now using the apple folio and really loving the size and weight. it just isn't so good for lap use. does this add a lot to the size and weight?
I use the Zugu case on the iPad 11 and it's fantastic. It integrates the pencil in 2 ways and the stand has 8 horizontal positions. It's robust build allowed it to survive multiple drops. Sure, the case adds weight but I got use to it quickly.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I use the Zugu case on the iPad 11 and it's fantastic. It integrates the pencil in 2 ways and the stand has 8 horizontal positions. It's robust build allowed it to survive multiple drops. Sure, the case adds weight but I got use to it quickly.
thanks for the feedback. i think i'll order a zugucase when they're back in stock.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I have checked out the Zugu case and given the 50% (ish) uplift in the price difference between the two, I’m more than happy to stick with the Ztotop case!

Last edited:

rukind2

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2012
Adding to my previous post, I'm planning to buy the Zugu mini 6th gen case when it's in stock. In the interim, I'm using the Apple folio cover (black). It's decent but nothing like a Zugu. Apples and oranges.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Anyone have a clear tpu material case for the ipad mini 6 that allows charging of the apple pencil 2 properly?

FattiesGoneWild

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2019
I have a Ztotop Magnetic Smart Folio, much like the ESR, it is nice as a slimline cover, but not very sturdy as a stand.

I also have this one from Ztotop which I have for my 12.9 and loved it, so was pleased to see them release it for the Mini 6. It is just brilliant.

Looks great, feels premium, offers protection and the magnetic support for adjustable viewing is spot on!

Highly recommend..

I just ordered this myself. I wanted the Zugu but not going to wait. It looks pretty comparable to it. I also wish I could have got it in blue instead of boring black. Oh well…

Reactions: Hallstar

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I just ordered this myself. I wanted the Zugu but not going to wait. It looks pretty comparable to it. I also wish I could have got it in blue instead of boring black. Oh well…

Interested to know your thoughts of it once you receive it.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Just picked up a white smart folio - the other ones all showed a lot of fingerprints and dirt.

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I like using my iPads naked , hate the feel of cases, I do like sleeves for when not in use tho , I have been looking online and it’s been slim pickings as it’s still new, I ended up ordering the Herschel Spokane Sleeve in Black, Its designed for the iPad mini 5 but judging by the measurements , the iPad Mini 6 is 7.8mm shorter , same width , and .2mm thicker , so it should easily fit in the sleeve.
How did that work out for you? I like the look of it.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
a few pics of my Torro smart folio for my space gray mini.

Attachments

• IMG_3962.jpg
    IMG_3962.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3961.jpg
    IMG_3961.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_3963.jpg
    IMG_3963.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 276

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
a few pics of my Torro smart folio for my space gray mini.
I really like the English lavender folio, both the color and the light weight. That Toro leather folio looks nice and the flap probably makes it more likely to stay closed in case of an “oopsie”. Have you had a chance to compare it to the Apple folio as far as weight goes?

I’m thinking that leather will wear better over time. It may get scratches and scuffs, but it will develop a patina.

FattiesGoneWild

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2019
Interested to know your thoughts of it once you receive it.
I got it today. I love the case! Its
Just like the others said. A good quality case for a great price. Don’t even hesitate. Just buy it! You will be pleased. I was stuck on the Zugu but glad I listened and got this while in stock. The Zugu has a wait time and more money.

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
I’m curious if anyone got the ESR clear case.

I have a nice handmade leather case from my iPad mini Gen 1 that fits the Gen 6 with a little wiggle room. I assume a nice hard back case that’s slim enough will allow me to use the case to protect the screen in transit.

I suppose I’ll need a stand-alone stand at that point (no pun intended).

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
I’m curious if anyone got the ESR clear case.

I have a nice handmade leather case from my iPad mini Gen 1 that fits the Gen 6 with a little wiggle room. I assume a nice hard back case that’s slim enough will allow me to use the case to protect the screen in transit.

I suppose I’ll need a stand-alone stand at that point (no pun intended).
I suppose I will answer my own question…

I ordered the ESR Hybrid Clear Case, and the ESR Smart Folio in Light Grey from AliExpress for $28 shipped total… I presume they will last decently long, especially if neither is a full time case. The clear back shell+leather sleeve (old) will be for travel. The smart folio will be for around the house, since I plan on getting an Apple Pencil, but don’t envision sketching outside of the home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.