Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Where did you guys order your iPad Mini 6 Torro cases from?
I got mine from Amazon (US). When I first started looking, the brown cases were in stock but not the black. I wanted black. Black came in stock and I got it on the early end of expected delivery dates but the brown was out of stock at the time.

Even though it’s heavier than the other choices, it has a nice feel and that flap over the pencil feels more secure, especially if I am going to put it in my purse or slip it into a sleeve.

Black ones are in stock but low numbers.

Reactions: rgarjr and marc55

dylanlive

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
San Francisco, Calif.
I purchased a MoKo Case in Grey Purple. It looks beautiful for my Purple Mini (clear back, front compliments it well) and feels like it would be safe from a drop.

However, I wish the folio flap was removable, so it becomes annoying to type holding in portrait mode. Probably returning in favor of a detachable / easily removable case.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I purchased a MoKo Case in Grey Purple. It looks beautiful for my Purple Mini (clear back, front compliments it well) and feels like it would be safe from a drop.

However, I wish the folio flap was removable, so it becomes annoying to type holding in portrait mode. Probably returning in favor of a detachable / easily removable case.

Exactly why I switched to this. I got the moko case first as well. Only downside is it doesn’t have magnetic sleep wake function but not a big deal. There’s no other case like it so for now will do.

Reactions: dylanlive

dylanlive

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
San Francisco, Calif.
Exactly why I switched to this. I got the moko case first as well. Only downside is it doesn’t have magnetic sleep wake function but not a big deal. There’s no other case like it so for now will do.

Yeah I was looking at that! Indeed read about no magnetic sleep/wake. Apparently it's coming Early November.

I'm considering this case (below) as well -- the ease of detaching looks appealing. Though the loss of bumpers on the sides is too bad. Wish the two cases had a baby :)

Reactions: scotsmandc

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
E460D02A-2AC7-4C48-AA6A-FC335A823346.jpeg
FCA11722-A0B7-4297-B382-3A59E97B1DC5.jpeg

I just got the ESR folio with flap, and the clear ESR hard case which came on the slow boat from China (Aliexpress order).

The folio does have working sleep wake, and to my delighted surprise, the clear case had a quiet revision to remove a useless whole in the top of the case (I think ESR originally speculated there would be a mic hole there).

Both cases shipped costed me 28$, or half of Apple folio. They seem nice enough!

Last edited:

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I just got the ESR folio with flap, and the clear ESR hard case which came on the slow boat from China (Aliexpress order).

The folio does have working sleep wake, and to my delighted surprise, the clear case had a quiet revision to remove a useless whole in the top of the case (I think ESR originally speculated there would be a mic hole there).

Both cases shipped costed me 28$, or half of Apple folio. They seem nice enough!

Can you provide a link please?

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
Can you provide a link please?
Sure! Got these two:

The clear case ain’t cute, but seems rugged enough for added protection when I camp. The folio seems pretty nice, and has a flap to secure an Apple Pencil if (when?) I get one.

EDIT: Somehow the links localized to my system language of Japanese (my second language). I presume they will load in English for you.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Sure! Got these two:

The clear case ain’t cute, but seems rugged enough for added protection when I camp. The folio seems pretty nice, and has a flap to secure an Apple Pencil if (when?) I get one.

EDIT: Somehow the links localized to my system language of Japanese (my second language). I presume they will load in English for you.

Thanks I thought you got a new version of the hybrid case where the cover can be detached.

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
Thanks I thought you got a new version of the hybrid case where the cover can be detached.
Yeah, no. Sorry! I was somewhat tempted by that case, as a kind of jack-of-all-trades, but got this combo instead. Mainly because I want to easily go completely case-less when I’m in the house. So, I will use this magnetic folio case more often than not, to facilitate that easy off. The hard case will go on when I take a weekend camping trip, which is admittedly pretty frequent.

dylanlive

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
San Francisco, Calif.

I ended up returning and purchased this:

Perfect for my use case of being able to quickly remove from the case (it’s attached magnetically). Unfortunately 0 edge protection which sucks, but at least I can comfortably use my iPad.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I have a Ztotop Magnetic Smart Folio, much like the ESR, it is nice as a slimline cover, but not very sturdy as a stand.

I also have this one from Ztotop which I have for my 12.9 and loved it, so was pleased to see them release it for the Mini 6. It is just brilliant.

Looks great, feels premium, offers protection and the magnetic support for adjustable viewing is spot on!

Highly recommend..

I’m over a month in and the Mini 6 with Ztotop premium case has become my favourite combination.

I have several other cases for my Mini 6, but this one is just right!

My 12.9 rarely leaves my desk now, whereas the Mini 6 rarely leaves my side!

I do have this same case for my 12.9, but it tends to live more in the Magic Keyboard.

Anyway, my point is, this case is awesome!

Reactions: mizzourah

chicagocubvpn

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2021
otterbox
View attachment 1881162 View attachment 1881161

Look nice

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I wish there was a smart folio that's nearly identical to Apple's, but at a lower price -- just front/back and lightweight like Apple. I don't use a pencil, and all of them I see have an extra flap for them.

Reactions: Superman730

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
I wish there was a smart folio that's nearly identical to Apple's, but at a lower price -- just front/back and lightweight like Apple. I don't use a pencil, and all of them I see have an extra flap for them.
It would be pretty trivial to cut off the flap with a straight edge and an exacto knife… I doubt you’d be able to tell. Not sure why ALL the knockoffs have the flap. Maybe copyright type thing? Imitate but don’t duplicate? lol

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
I bought one, too and it’s great and is holding up quite well. I had also bought the Apple Folio but this is much better.
I like my Torro folio, too. I use the Apple one at home because it weighs less but use the Torro any time I leave the house because I like that the flap keeps the pencil secure.

Reactions: sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I like my Torro folio, too. I use the Apple one at home because it weighs less but use the Torro any time I leave the house because I like that the flap keeps the pencil secure.

I find I really prefer the textured feel of the Torro - and the fewer finger prints than the Apple case.

Reactions: LibbyLA

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I'm going to try the Bokeer Magnetic Case for $18.99 -- it seems close to Apple's version, albeit a bit heavier. If I don't like, I'll return it and go for the Apple folio. I just wish there were other color options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.