Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
In case anyone is looking for a padded sleeve for the Mini 6, I got this one and it's a perfect fit for the Mini with a folio case ($10.99). Really well made - Moko is a good vendor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GSL9N4H
For whatever reason, I prefer my sleeves to be landscape orientation. If you’re looking for one that fits the Mini 6 in the Apple folio and with the pencil attached, this one is a good fit. It has a nice pocket on the side and I was able to fit the charger and cable in the pocket although I probably won’t keep it there. I wish it weren’t white, but it’s a really nice complement to the purple Mini 6/English lavender folio. (I’ve ordered the Torro folio although I’m not sure that it will fit since there’s a little extra thickness over the pencil from the flap closure.)

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
For whatever reason, I prefer my sleeves to be landscape orientation. If you’re looking for one that fits the Mini 6 in the Apple folio and with the pencil attached, this one is a good fit. It has a nice pocket on the side and I was able to fit the charger and cable in the pocket although I probably won’t keep it there. I wish it weren’t white, but it’s a really nice complement to the purple Mini 6/English lavender folio. (I’ve ordered the Torro folio although I’m not sure that it will fit since there’s a little extra thickness over the pencil from the flap closure.)

tomtoc makes great cases.

Reactions: LibbyLA

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I have a folio from Amazon which is terrrrible for my Mini. The front cover is too large (in width) which makes the flap go too far over the screen leaving a lip which is not really ideal…
I also find with this smaller form factor, having the Apple Pencil attached makes opening the folio hard as the pencil seems to be in the way. Perhaps an official case will be better!

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I have the dark blue print one for my iPP 11.

I have both the Sleeve Bag and the Shoulder Bag for my 12.9. Gave my daughter a Sleeve Bag for her 10.5 hand-me-down. One can never have enough bags (or so I've told my wife over the 40+ years we're been married, starting with an innumerable number of climbing packs).

Reactions: LibbyLA and darrinS

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
I ended up getting the ESR trifold case with the flap https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B099RXCRKC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Apple Pencil lives in my IPP case, which doesn’t leave home. When I take my new mini 6 along I need a way to secure the pencil. This case provides that, and also the side protection I need, but within hours of using my new iPad I was annoyed with the flap. The magnet is REALLY strong. So now this is what I do:

8B80CA63-586F-476D-ACEA-074AB69A591A.jpeg

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I really like the English lavender folio, both the color and the light weight. That Toro leather folio looks nice and the flap probably makes it more likely to stay closed in case of an “oopsie”. Have you had a chance to compare it to the Apple folio as far as weight goes?

I’m thinking that leather will wear better over time. It may get scratches and scuffs, but it will develop a patina.

Just got the brown Torro case and I really like it. I also have the Dark Cherry folio but it gets fingerprints all over it quite easily. The Torro is definitely heavier but not bad; a Zugu would be more, I suspect (I have one for the 12.9 and it is weighty). The Torro has a nicer feel to it and the edging is softer (I actually got a paper-like cut from the edge of the Apple folio). The magnets of the Apple folio are a little stronger but the Torro will be fine. The Pencil cover works well and folds back and holds magnetically when open. I also prefer the textured feel of the Torro over the Apple folio. This is a keeper.

Last edited:

oneflipgguy

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
San Diego
For whatever reason, I prefer my sleeves to be landscape orientation. If you’re looking for one that fits the Mini 6 in the Apple folio and with the pencil attached, this one is a good fit. It has a nice pocket on the side and I was able to fit the charger and cable in the pocket although I probably won’t keep it there. I wish it weren’t white, but it’s a really nice complement to the purple Mini 6/English lavender folio. (I’ve ordered the Torro folio although I’m not sure that it will fit since there’s a little extra thickness over the pencil from the flap closure.

Thanks for posting. I just ordered this for my mini and the Frida pouch for my 12.9 M1. Hopefully both pouches will work out. I love plants; I have them all over my home and I love Frida.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Just got the brown Torro case and I really like it. I also have the Dark Cherry folio but it gets fingerprints all over it quite easily. The Torro is definitely heavier but not bad; a Zugu would be more, I suspect (I have one for the 12.9 and it is weighty). The Torro has a nicer feel to it and the edging is softer (I actually got a paper-like cut from the edge of the Apple folio). The magnets of the Apple folio are a little stronger but the Torro will be fine. The Pencil cover works well and folds back and holds magnetically when open. I also prefer the textured feel of the Torro over the Apple folio. This is a keeper.
I’m glad to hear that. My Torro (black) should be here between Oct 11 and Oct 16 (I’m thinking not Monday since it hasn’t shipped yet). It’s kind of silly to spend well over $100 just on the two folio cases (plus another couple for when I’m at our camp and outside in the elements) but I spent about that many years ago on a Vaja (I think) leather case for my Sony Clie. I’ll probably use the Apple folio around the house, the Torro for out and about in town, and something else when out and about at the camp.

Reactions: sparksd

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Thanks for posting. I just ordered this for my mini and the Frida pouch for my 12.9 M1. Hopefully both pouches will work out. I love plants; I have them all over my home and I love Frida.
I hope you like them. I’ve been using the 11” one for my iPP 11 2018 and now for my 2021. I wish it were just a hair larger bottom to zipper so there’s room for the pencil (it’s a tight fit but it will fit but I don’t like squeezing), but that’s it. I like the large zipper pocket. I was using an Evecase for my Mini 5 but it’s a bit taller than necessary. I’m glad the cactus one fits the Mini 6 because it’s smaller than the Evecase.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I’m glad to hear that. My Torro (black) should be here between Oct 11 and Oct 16 (I’m thinking not Monday since it hasn’t shipped yet). It’s kind of silly to spend well over $100 just on the two folio cases (plus another couple for when I’m at our camp and outside in the elements) but I spent about that many years ago on a Vaja (I think) leather case for my Sony Clie. I’ll probably use the Apple folio around the house, the Torro for out and about in town, and something else when out and about at the camp.

I could probably own a second 2021 12.9 Pro - with cellular, a data plan and 1TB to boot - with what I have spent on tablet & phone cases and bags over the years. I should be embarrassed but I'm well beyond that.

• Haha

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I bought this one, getting tired of waiting for Otterbox to hint at a case. The front cover, when folded backwards, isn't square with the Mini, so I am not exactly happy, but it holds the Pencil, and looks great, so...

Yeah, I'd recommend it. Get it through the MacRumors link and tithe some money back to the site.

oneflipgguy

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
San Diego
I hope you like them. I’ve been using the 11” one for my iPP 11 2018 and now for my 2021. I wish it were just a hair larger bottom to zipper so there’s room for the pencil (it’s a tight fit but it will fit but I don’t like squeezing), but that’s it. I like the large zipper pocket. I was using an Evecase for my Mini 5 but it’s a bit taller than necessary. I’m glad the cactus one fits the Mini 6 because it’s smaller than the Evecase.

I just got the one for my 12.9 M1 iPad and it’s awesome! Great Fit! I can’t wait to get the one for the mini! Surprisingly, it’s a great quality product!

F11E7B24-F6E5-4880-B847-B67BCF348808.jpeg

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
I could probably own a second 2021 12.9 Pro - with cellular, a data plan and 1TB to boot - with what I have spent on tablet & phone cases and bags over the years. I should be embarrassed but I'm well beyond that.
I understand. Every new device (and I’ve had my share of portable computers over the decades) needs a new case. I often hang on to cases and sleeves because they’ll come in handy down the road but I usually end up buying something new since what I have on hand isn’t quite right.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I understand. Every new device (and I’ve had my share of portable computers over the decades) needs a new case. I often hang on to cases and sleeves because they’ll come in handy down the road but I usually end up buying something new since what I have on hand isn’t quite right.

"a new case"? No - every new device needs several new cases and the one you like best changes on a regular basis. And the ones you never use turn into an ever-growing pile until your wife notices ...

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
"a new case"? No - every new device needs several new cases and the one you like best changes on a regular basis. And the ones you never use turn into an ever-growing pile until your wife notices ...
I don’t have a wife ?. Or a husband. My fiancé is a collector of all sorts of things that are much more expensive and take up much more space than cases and sleeves. I wish my collection of cases and sleeves were my only collection. Alas, that is not the case.

My iPad Pros haven’t had much variety. The minis (4, 5, and now 6) are a different story. The Mini 4 and 5 have had the silicone back cover and the apple smart cover (multiples of each) and I’ve used the Evecase sleeve but this Mini 6 is going to have a wardrobe. I’m not sure what it will wear when I have it outside at the camp running cameras. I have a two-piece hard case but it arrived with a flaw in the lower right corner of the built-in screen protector. I may look for something different since I don’t need the pencil holder. Pencil will not be used outside while checking my trail cameras.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO

I really like this - the color/design isn't for me :D so i will look for the same in other designs but good find - thanks for sharing.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Of those two I happen to like the Dark Cherry the best. I personally ended up ordering Apple's electric orange smart folio for my iPad Mini 6 (Space Grey). I know, I'm an odd duck for sure. ;)
View attachment 1849829
This is funny. I have the starlight ipad mini. And I also have both to pick one - the dark cherry (to match my iphone 13 pro case) and electric orange. After 3 days with each, I chose the orange. I love all my devices to match so the dark cherry was the leader for awhile, but I really really love this electric orange color.

chrisclover

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2021
I do like a clear case, especially since I got the purple one. Thanks for sharing! I was checking out the dimensions and it seems as though the Mini 6 is a wee bit smaller in height than the 5, so I am interested if it will fit into my existing Brydge keyboard minus the plastic protective cover. We shall see.

The clear case will become a gold one after 1 year. It happened to my phone cases for like 3 times. Now I only go for the black ones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.