Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
For me since Catalina install iCloud tabs in Safari are un clickable 2 minutes after I open Safari. f I delete cache it will fix the problem if I restart Safari, but the problem will return after the next time I close and reopen Safari.

I'm beginning to be tired of Catalina Buggy software. I have bugs and glitches almost everywhere.

ChuckLDJ

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Thanks to everyone who took part in this thread. You've kept me from having a complete nervous breakdown. I have a 27" late 2015 iMac. After I installed Catalina everything internet related slowed down. I installed the latest Catlina update and everything internet related completely stopped working. I was beginning to think it was my computer, but when I ran Windows 10 via Parallels I could access the internet on the Windows side so I knew it wasn't the computer. I've spent a ton of hours trying to find the cure without success. I was almost to the point of going back to Mohave. Then it dawned on me that I should check MacRumors. As soon as I read this thread I clicked on the Intego icon and turned off NetBarrier. Everything started working. I didn't even have to reboot. Thanks a ton guys. I suppose the moral of the story is to always checkout the wisdom at MacRumors.

Reactions: barneyman

barneyman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
??
agreed....the latest update from Intego seems to have fixed everything as well...fair play to them I guess in doing a very quick fix...

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Boot ? Safe Mode to see how things work.

Also, keep a small mini stripped down system just for utilities and repairs, before there was recovery mode and such. Bare bones install of macOS (Catalina).

Reactions: Peadogie

BH1947

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
UK
agreed....the latest update from Intego seems to have fixed everything as well...fair play to them I guess in doing a very quick fix...

Not sorted completely "barneyman" see my reply from Intego a few minutes ago and read my original post as I have added the progress I have had by chatting with Intego

Dear Intego Customer,

As a first step after 10.15.1 update issue, our development team worked to circumscribe the network connections slowdowns. They achieved this by temporarily disabling the application rules, which is the component in conflict with 10.15.1.
That's why the right pane of Applications tab is disabled

As you may notice NetBarrier firewall is still active.

We sincerely apologize for this situation, and thank you for your patience while we work to restore full protection.

Sincerely,
The Intego European Support Team.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
No issues with the update for me (on multiple Macs).

I've never installed anti-virus or disk utilities that purport to "make things run better" — because they're almost always the cause of the very type of problems they claim to solve. This is likely why I never have problems with OS updates (including Catalina, which went smooth as silk for me).

Theoneoneone

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2019
Having the same issues Mac super slow especially safari and chrome but I don’t have intego I have trend Micro. Any idea on a fix ?

Reactions: hangkous

bchez

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2019
Having the same issues Mac super slow especially safari and chrome but I don’t have intego I have trend Micro. Any idea on a fix ?
I was having the same problems with Trend Micro. Safari and Chrome were unusable and my whole computer seemed sluggish. After deleting Trend Micro, everything is working as it should. I had a lengthy conversation with their support team and they had me reinstall Trend Micro but the problems came back. They seemed unaware of any problems with 10.15.1. They offered to remotely access my computer but I declined. Hopefully more people complain and they fix the problem with an update soon.

USAntigoon

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Rochester Hills, MI
This morning's download of Intego NetBarrier 10.8.4 did NOT resolve the issue. Safari slowly renders any URL after 2 minutes. Turning the NetBarrier OFF clears the issue. Intego stated that the release 10.9.9 will solve it.. Haven't seen that release yet...Took me one day tinkering around and re-installing Catalina 10.15.1 etc... before finding out that NetBarrier was the culprit..

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2015
Anyone else having issues with safari post update. Really slow going to sites, functionality of sites missing, some sites I can’t get to at all...doing this post on my phone as my Mac is so bad at the moment. Tempted to go back to previous version if this isn’t fixed very soon! Thanks for any pointers!

Running a MacBook Pro 2015 15 16GB with a clean install and Safari takes 2-3 seconds more than the usual. Yes, it is slower and that was the first thing I noted yesterday.

Agentsmurf156

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2017
Running a MacBook Pro 2015 15 16GB with a clean install and Safari takes 2-3 seconds more than the usual. Yes, it is slower and that was the first thing I noted yesterday.
Same here, running 2019 I9 MacBook Pro, Safari also significantly slower after 10.5.1. Prior to that was super snappy.

Reactions: TokMok3

hangkous

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2011
0.8 MB downstream instead of 10 MB. Upstream is fine.

All software has a problem: Safari, Chrome, Virus Scanner, Apple Store...

Both WiFi and Wired.

After install .1 update.

MacBook 2015

No Intego, but TrendMicro AV

BH1947

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
UK
0.8 MB downstream instead of 10 MB. Upstream is fine.

All software has a problem: Safari, Chrome, Virus Scanner, Apple Store...

Both WiFi and Wired.

After install .1 update.

MacBook 2015

No Intego, but TrendMicro AV

Quite a few people are reporting poor connection/speed issues with TrendMicro AV on Apples Support Communities since they updated to Catalina 10.15.1 and have temporarily fixed this by uninstalling their Virus and Firewall Apps completely. Have a look in the MacOS Catalina Community section as this whole fiasco is growing by the hour with more folks pulling their hair out over this and some folks have managed to brick their systems too.

Reactions: IowaLynn

mercurystorm

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2017
Same issues with Trend Micro AV - Stopping services did not help.. uninstalled entire application and the connection is back to normal - was super frustrating!

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Does anyone have their Safari constantly freeze up with the mouse spinning when a website loads? It happens frequently for me since Catalina and have to close the tab and re-open it but often it will freeze again if I reload the same website.

Reactions: Westie64

Westie64

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2019
The Woodlands, TX
I am having the same issues. Plus, it takes a long time to turn off my Mac. Then once it reboots, it says that it had to restart due to a problem.
Anyone else having issues with safari post update. Really slow going to sites, functionality of sites missing, some sites I can’t get to at all...doing this post on my phone as my Mac is so bad at the moment. Tempted to go back to previous version if this isn’t fixed very soon! Thanks for any pointers!
[automerge]1572999241[/automerge]
Does anyone have their Safari constantly freeze up with the mouse spinning when a website loads? It happens frequently for me since Catalina and have to close the tab and re-open it but often it will freeze again if I reload the same website.
Yes! My Mac is almost useless in the condition.
[automerge]1572999788[/automerge]
For me since Catalina install iCloud tabs in Safari are un clickable 2 minutes after I open Safari. f I delete cache it will fix the problem if I restart Safari, but the problem will return after the next time I close and reopen Safari.

I'm beginning to be tired of Catalina Buggy software. I have bugs and glitches almost everywhere.
I am having the same problem

Last edited:

PerranManila

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2019
Philippines
Thanks guys for the info about INTEGO !
It made my day.
Good it is very easy to update in the Intego NetUpdate panel.
I had to do it in 2 steps though.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
Yes noticeable slow performance on 12" Macbook 2016 and it geats really hot.
I don't have Intego or Ad Guard.
I think I should start to think about downgrading Catalina.
truely horrible update and worst version of Mac OS ever.(been using Mac since Snow Leppard):(

Last edited:

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
MacBook 2015 12” Did clean clean install of 10.14.x month previous. No issue now no heating up.

Even OS X 10.6.0 had huge issue on 2009 Mac Pro. Also graphic card drivers. Sadly no dot zero or one has ever been that good. Wait for SP1 they said on Windows also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.