Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Don Ellis

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Hong Kong
Beta 6 broke CopyLess 2 for me ... and I've had to find a clipboard manager that works until CopyLess 2 (whom I've notified) is working again.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Has anyone tried VMWare Fusion 10 by any chance? We have a few Macs here running this version (on Mojave), but there won't be a budget to upgrade to 11 or 12 before the end of the year.

Rique

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
Northern Virginia
Has anyone tried VMWare Fusion 10 by any chance? We have a few Macs here running this version (on Mojave), but there won't be a budget to upgrade to 11 or 12 before the end of the year.

Fusion 10 does not work for me. Virtual engines open with a black screen. There are suggested workarounds posted on the interwebs, none were helpful. I tried the trial version of v11, with the same results.

Parallels v15 seems to be okay, however cannot open and convert VMWare Fusion virtual engines.
[doublepost=1566795985][/doublepost]
Beta 6 broke CopyLess 2 for me ... and I've had to find a clipboard manager that works until CopyLess 2 (whom I've notified) is working again.

Paste is working. Good thing, too, Paste is my favorite clipboard manager.
[doublepost=1566796197][/doublepost]
That is my favorite Finder alternative as well.

Pathfinder is still in the non-working column for me. I cannot even launch it, I get the rainbow wheel of death. I’d love to use it, but it’s dead to me (at least for now, it is).

Rique

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
Northern Virginia
Is this still working okay for you? I ask because in the RC forums today, I saw a post from someone who said it had been working fine on Catalina and failed on the latest build of Catalina. What's the version number of your RCM client and are you running the latest beta of MacOS Catalina?

I'm sorely tempted - but it would be good to know a bit more if you don't mind sharing. Thanks in advance.

Replying to myself to say that RC Meetings appears to be working well on the latest beta.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Fusion 10 does not work for me. Virtual engines open with a black screen. There are suggested workarounds posted on the interwebs, none were helpful. I tried the trial version of v11, with the same results.
Hm, but v11 is reported to work in the first posting of this thread? To be clear, I'm asking about running Fusion 10 on Catalina, not Catalina VMs on Fusion.

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
but v11 is reported to work in the first posting of this thread? To be clear, I'm asking about running Fusion 10 on Catalina, not Catalina VMs on Fusion.
V11 on Catalina host does work, but with issues (and workarounds) that you are aware of (black screen in Windows guest). Catalina VMs are another can of worms.

My guess is that V10 will never completely work on a Catalina host and that there will be a V11 update (around the time of Catalina release) to fix existing issues.

DaniloGeekDude

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2018
Replying to myself to say that RC Meetings appears to be working well on the latest beta.

For Path Finder, make sure you use the latest 8.6 GM version.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 9.47.48 PM.png

Last edited:

VIP Tom

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2017
The front page says WhatsApp desktop is working, however mine is not working and has not been working since macOS 10.14

If anyone could help me with getting it to work, that'd be great. I've already deleted and reinstalled the app.

Rique

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
Northern Virginia
For Path Finder, make sure you use the latest 8.6 GM version.

View attachment 854847

Thanks, I've been discussing with CocoaTech. I am trying to run PF8.6b6, is that the GM candidate? CocoaTech has not advised me to change it (yet).
[doublepost=1566922268][/doublepost]
V11 on Catalina host does work, but with issues (and workarounds) that you are aware of (black screen in Windows guest). Catalina VMs are another can of worms.

My guess is that V10 will never completely work on a Catalina host and that there will be a V11 update (around the time of Catalina release) to fix existing issues.

I had no luck whatsoever with VMWare Fusion, I even tried the 11.1.1 trial. Threads on the interwebs advise on some workarounds, none of which worked for me. Obviously, YMMV.

I finally gave up and tried Parallels v15, which (eventually) worked well. I qualified that with "eventually" because, at first, Parallels would barf when trying to open and convert my VMWare Fusion virtual machine (Win 10). I worked with their tech support, made a couple of minor changes, and then voila... it opened and converted. Admittedly, it crashed a few times after the first boot, but I worked around those issues on my own and after a relatively short amount of time screwing around with it, I am happy with Parallels v15.

Pathfinder is still a problem (as I've mentioned elsewhere). I also had problems with Duet, but their tech team (along with a beta they gave me access to) resolved it. I am delighted to have Duet back up and running so quickly!

Ring Central Meetings has been working well. Excel, Word, and Outlook are all working. As things stand now, the only big concern I have remaining (at least so far) is with Pathfinder.

accidentaltexan

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2013
Fujitsu ScanSnap Home is now working with beta6.
Issue: After each scan, a window appears saying "An error occurred while registering to the database" with a button labeled Quit. Resolution: System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Full Disk Access and enable ScanSnap Home.

Last edited:

lungbutter

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2014
New beta of the Backblaze app - seems to work now

http://files.backblaze.com
Yeah... it’s still not working for me. It appears it wants to install on the Read-only SYstem partition. I downloaded the beta and followed their directions several times. It seems to be working a though maybe i’ll Create a restore for the system partition or primary partition and see what it’s collected.

DaniloGeekDude

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2018
Thanks, I've been discussing with CocoaTech. I am trying to run PF8.6b6, is that the GM candidate? CocoaTech has not advised me to change it (yet).
[doublepost=1566922268][/doublepost]

. As things stand now, the only big concern I have remaining (at least so far) is with Pathfinder.

As you can see on my screen shot, the one working for me is the latest/GM ---- 8.6

ddhawk

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2016
Yes, I have this problem as well with Banktivity 7.3 (46). I can see reports and summaries ok, but selecting some accounts results in a crash. Have tried a new user account, and a new empty Banktivity document - same results. Have opened a ticket with IGG.

Update: Banktivity v7.3.1 (out today) works under Catalina Beta 7. It is the new version of Banktivity that makes the difference, as v7.3 still didn't work under Beta 7.

Reactions: BaggieBoy

cyponn

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2019
I am still having an issue with Google File Stream under Catalina Beta 7.

Whenever I select the Google Drive mounted disk in the Locations section of the sidebar of the Finder, I get the following error message “Google Drive can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.". The Google Drive volume on the Desktop is working fine.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall the app but it didn't fix the problem.
Has anybody facing that issue found a solution?

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
Beta 7/8 broke Spotify, Chrome, Photoshop and Brackets for me, seems like they're still working for others though?

Last edited:
Reactions: jpurnell
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.