Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

accidentaltexan

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2013
Webex broken with Catalina, get this message:

“Cisco Webex Start” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

Works for me, but I had to open it once with the Finder context menu and probably had to enter an administrator password at that time.

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2009
Hi so on Mojave currently on my mac the two apps by Adobe (older versions) Photoshop CS6 & Illustrator CS6 work fine.

I wanted to know if they work in Catalina too (for those who have the beta version installed). I checked both are 64 bit apps technically, but I'd like to know if they work OK on Catalina. Thanks!

Reactions: arimatheiaotto

arimatheiaotto

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2016
Curitiba, Brazil
Did anyone try new Indesign update on Catalina?

Yes. Works fine here.
[doublepost=1568295572][/doublepost]
Hi so on Mojave currently on my mac the two apps by Adobe (older versions) Photoshop CS6 & Illustrator CS6 work fine.

I wanted to know if they work in Catalina too (for those who have the beta version installed). I checked both are 64 bit apps technically, but I'd like to know if they work OK on Catalina. Thanks!

We use Ps, Id, Dw and Ai. Everything is fine.

janslu

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2019
Does anyone have a problem iMovie and Final cut pro X crash on beta8?
I have a problem with Final Cut Pro X. It crashes few seconds after launching. I can preview the project but it crashes soon after. There's a mention of OpenGL in the report. I'm on late 2013 15inch MacBook pro with NVidia dGPU.

Reactions: kreme123

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
Yes, I also get the same frequent drops - at least up until the most recent beta release installed last night. As of 10.15 (19A558d) Horizon is crashing as soon as it begins display of remote desktop.
Horizon worked just fine from Beta 1 - beta 7, however I am experiencing the same issue with beta 8 as you are where it crashes upon loading the desktop.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Parallels Desktop 13 worked fine on betas 1-7 but crashed the whole computer on beta 8. Had to force shutdown.

Thought it might have been a 1-off crash. So I just started it again. Crashed again! So after another force shutdown I upgraded to parallels desktop 15 (costing me $s) and that fixed it.

I was going to upgrade eventually but beta 8 forced me to. That's the first time a beta actually forced me to spend $s to upgrade an app.

Maybe apple have shares in parallels!

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
Yes. After the last update, Viber is dead. It opens but there is nothing you can do.
Same. It was working before, but is broken for the past 2 beta of Catalina (and the past two releases of Viber, they have been released alongside the betas of Catalina). It's bit disturbing that it was working in early betas, but is broken now. I reported it to the Viber customer support, just so they can pass it to the developers, but the customer service adviser was just like "Catalina is in Beta, so it is not supported yet". As if I didn't know... :eek:

Martys1

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2019
Just did some testing yesterday with the latest beta (19A558d):
There seems to be a strange USB/midi problem: when trying to load usb/midi devices as control surface in Logic X 10.4.6, I could just assign the Midiports for 2 out of 3 devices. e.g. device 1 and 2. After power cycling the devices I could only assign the ports of device 2 and 3. So one port seemed to have switched off in favour of the other. Audio/Midi setup shows exactly the same situation. The devices are class compliant USB. They communicate with my Mac through a USB hub, that also contains the mouse/keyboard. All works fine with the keyboard and mouse, so maybe a USB to Midi thing?

I also tested Apogee Symphony MK1 with The Symphony 64 PCIe card and Symphony Installer 5.4 (latest). It installed without any errors and after restart the Symphony is recognized immediately. I let it run with Logic and Youtube for a while and no problem until so far.

rpage1960

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
[doublepost=1562110221][/doublepost]
RapidWeaver all versions, not working (properly) as well as Yummy FTP 2.0.5. They will not launch.
My Yummy is not working either....was wondering if there is some kind of workaround

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
GoToMeeting APP not working on Catalina - Beta 8

gotomeeting.png

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
Just ran my "EPSON software updater" and it updated a most of the software to be compatible with Catalina. Only thing still incompatible is the firmware updater. So if you have an Epson printer/scanner, try running the updater.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Does anyone have a problem iMovie and Final cut pro X crash on beta8?
I too have problems with FCP and iMovie. They both crash a few seconds after opening. I’m on a relatively new MBP 2018. I uninstalled FCP and downloaded a fresh version and same thing. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. If you find a fix please post it here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.