Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SteveManila1960

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2019
London
Just a note for buyers of used Apple computers in the UK. I recently purchased two used Mac's on eBay. Both came loaded with a free installation of Microsoft Office as a value add. Note that this free software in most cases is Office 2011 32 bit and will not work if you upgrade your Mac to Catalina.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
Did they actually gave you the license code? Or it was just installed on the Mac? Because the latter is actually piracy.

BarbaricCo

macrumors member
May 7, 2012
Not Working by Feral Interactive:
* Battlestations: Midway
* Battlestations: Pacific
* BioShock
* Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
* GRID 2
* LEGO Batman
* LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
* LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
* LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
* LEGO Indiana Jones 2
* LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
* Mini Ninjas
* Rayman Origins
* SEGA Superstars Tennis
* Sid Meier's Pirates!
* Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
* The LEGO Movie Videogame
* Tomb Raider: Anniversary
* Tomb Raider: Underworld

Not working by Aspyr:
* Bioshock Infinite
* Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
* Call of Duty
* Call of Duty 2
* Call of Duty 4
* Call of Duty Black Ops
* Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
* Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
* Civilization IV
* Civilization IV: Colonization
* Doom 3
* Duke Nukem Forever
* Fahrenheit
* Geometry Wars 3
* Homeworld Remastered Collection
* Prey
* Quake 4
* RAGE
* Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
* Star Wars: Empire at War
* Star Wars: Jedi Academy
* Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
* Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
* Sims 2: Life Stories
* Sims 2: Pet Stories
* Sims 2: Castaway Stories
* Tomb Raider 2

tekfranz

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2017
I am unable to connect to my Mac via VNC or Jump Desktop after upgrading to Catalina.

SteveManila1960

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2019
London
Did they actually gave you the license code? Or it was just installed on the Mac? Because the latter is actually piracy.
No license code so yes you are undoubtedly right but that is a different issue. They are doing it and I just wanted to make buyers aware their free software will not work if they upgrade to Catalina.

tekfranz

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2017
I am unable to connect to my Mac via VNC or Jump Desktop after upgrading to Catalina.
The issue with Jump Desktop was clarified by their Support as resolved by granting Jump Desktop Screen Recording permissions because of the new security in Catalina. Jump Desktop is working on a smooth migration.

I am still not sure why incoming VNC no longer works.

To clarify VNC Viewers can connect they are just limited to view only access on the login screen.

I followed the steps in this article but Real Vnc Viewer only had view access. https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/339114/allowing-vnc-to-control-computer-under-10-14-mojave

I will start another thread.

Last edited:

tekfranz

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2017
Mixed Success with TeamViewer. Some Machines are View-Only even with Screen recording and Accessibility enabled.

RealVNC Server working great & seems to have no issues once granted Accessibility and Screen recording permissions. Also Jump Desktop is working great as well after giving acess.

Chrome Remote Desktop does not work.

However still can only connect to MacOS built-in VNC viewer with View Only access.

(Side Note: Would not have upgraded to Catalina except all my Reminders got converted in IOS 13 and were not viewable on Mojave except on iCloud.)

Update 09/23/2019 Apple has a Radar on Curtain Mode

Remote Desktop Known Issues
  • Turning on Curtain Mode prevents you from being able to control a remote Mac. (52900397)

Last edited:

mocoso

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2015
After Effects CC (v 16.1.13) & Video CoPilot Plug-Ins

Recently did a clean install of Catalina and Adobe After Effects. Video CoPilot's excellent 3D plugin Element, now refuses to install. Same applies to their Optical Flares plugin as well. Bummer! Great products that are quite popular so I'm hoping an update is provided someday.

*UPDATE*

Wrote to customer support at Video CoPilot and they confirmed that Element 3D will be supported once Catalina is released!

Last edited:

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Not working by Aspyr:
* Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Unfortunately, Aspyr has previously stated that TPS will remain 32-bit and will not be updated for Catalina. BL2 should be updated soon, and it kinda launches on Catalina at this time. Odd, because BL2 was released in 2012, while TPS was released in 2014 - larger player base, perhaps? Fingers crossed for BL3 in April.

Minecraft is also not working for me. Either that or BL2 trigger something called "watchdog" (I think) which kernel panicked my iMac the other day.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Unfortunately, Aspyr has previously stated that TPS will remain 32-bit and will not be updated for Catalina. BL2 should be updated soon, and it kinda launches on Catalina at this time. Odd, because BL2 was released in 2012, while TPS was released in 2014 - larger player base, perhaps? Fingers crossed for BL3 in April.

Minecraft is also not working for me. Either that or BL2 trigger something called "watchdog" (I think) which kernel panicked my iMac the other day.

Perhaps you could get it to work on a VM, depending on how good your computer is (CPU and RAM). Not sure if VirtualBox would do it. I think you can run Mojave or a previous version in a VM.

Reactions: chrisdazzo

billgr0248

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2018
Problems installing/opening LibreOffice - verification fails after a 10 minute +/- verification.

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
XtraFinder:

I have had some success with version 1.5. I used the instructions in the install dmg's folder called "For Mojave with SIP enabled" and modified them like this:

1. Disable System Integrity Protection (in recovery mode) and reboot
  2. In terminal: sudo mount -uw /
  3. Copy XtraFinderPlugins.bundle to directory /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles
  4. Re-enable System Integrity Protection (in recovery mode) and reboot
Seems to work except that I don't get coloured icons in the sidebar.

Last edited:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Why is Drobo Dashboard 3.4.2 both on the Working list - and the Not Working list.

Edit: According to my System Information, it should be all good:

Code:
Drobo Dashboard:

Version:    3.4.2
  Obtained from:    Identified Developer
  Last Modified:    04/07/2019, 16:05
  Kind:    Intel
  64-Bit (Intel):    Yes
  Signed by:    Developer ID Application: Drobo, Inc. (7L83S9698G), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Last edited:
Reactions: Alchemist
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.