Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Little Snitch nightly is giving me consistent "version mismatch" errors on beta 10, even after rebooting into Safe Mode, uninstall, reinstall, etc. Same with 4.2.2 production version.

Fix detailed here on ObDev's website.

Last edited:
Reactions: xgman

adam-stark

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
Using Devloper Beta 11 (GM) , Logitech Presenter crashes... anyone else experienced this ? It seems to be an issue relating to openGL

Process: Logitech Presentation [15878]
Path: /Library/Application Support/Logitech.localized/*/Logitech Presentation.app/Contents/MacOS/Logitech Presentation
Identifier: com.logitech.presenter
Version: 1.52.95 (1.52.95)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Logitech Presentation [15878]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-10-02 14:16:59.503 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15 (19A578c)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 4.0 (17P50569a)
Anonymous UUID: D2241DA5-EFFD-ED40-8147-9A4A420BB82D

Time Awake Since Boot: 76000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (0), function GetError, file /Applications/buildAgent/work/ae55b900147b6017/Mac/PresenterFeatures/OpenGL/GLUtils.c, line 39.

œcãˇˇöj

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2009
So anyone tell me Adobe CS6 apps photoshop n illustrator work in Catalina please? Thanks

RumorzGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Guam, Mariana Islands, U.S.A.
These may well run on macOS 10.15 but you cannot (re)install, activate/deactivate or update CS6. The Adobe CS6 installer and management utility applications are 32-bit and do not work. Also, running Acrobat X Pro is a HUGE security risk. So, going forward, Photoshop and Acrobat are, as good as useless.

@MacStrategy, assuming that Catalina installs over top of Mojave, and does not require a clean install, can you please clarify something for me?

Even though Adobe Photoshop CS6 cannot be installed, re-installed, activated, deactivated or updated in Catalina, if it is already installed on Mojave, can you say with any degree of certainty whether or not it will continue to work in Catalina? I understand that CS6 depends on a few 32-bit apps for updates and such -- of which there haven't been any in years anyway -- but CS6 doesn't actually require those to launch and run, does it? Or will Catalina see those 32-bit apps and not allow CS6 to run regardless?

CS6 is a real deal-breaker for me. Like many, I have refused to succumb to Adobe's greed with the subscription model. If CS6 will definitely not run in Catalina, then I may just stick with Mojave.

A few months ago I took a good look at Affinity Photo, but while some things are similar to CS6, a lot of things are very different as well and would take months to learn and master. The work flow is just very different. I have been using Adobe Photoshop since 5.5 when it was still sold on CDs, so I am very accustomed to using it. Worse yet, NONE of my standard Adobe plugins work fully and properly in Affinity Photo, and these are old, well-established Photoshop plugins.

So, either I bite the bullet with Adobe and purchase CC, or I stick with Mojave, IF CS6 will absolutely not work in Catalina.

Your feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Your feedback would be appreciated.

My view is that if you prefer (for whatever reason) to run old software, then this has to apply to the OS as well. Even though CS6 will work with Catalina, you could be in a tangle if you ever need to recover from backups and do a reinstall of CS6. If you want to use CS6, then use a fully compatible macOS - and that means Mojave.

Personally, I consider the additional features and continuing performance improvements of Lightroom (and to a lesser extent Photoshop) to be worth the annual fee (even if I wish were cheaper!). Many products which offer a lifetime licence are outdated after a year and need an upgrade with an upgrade price - that is much the same as a subscription.

If you do change to current Photoshop, beforehand check the status of your plugins - you may need updates to them.

RumorzGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Guam, Mariana Islands, U.S.A.
My view is that if you prefer (for whatever reason) to run old software, then this has to apply to the OS as well. Even though CS6 will work with Catalina, you could be in a tangle if you ever need to recover from backups and do a reinstall of CS6. If you want to use CS6, then use a fully compatible macOS - and that means Mojave.

So, with "Even though CS6 will work with Catalina", are you confirming that CS6 definitely does work with Catalina, despite its dependency on a few 32-bit apps?

For the record,I conduct a full internal hard drive backup using CCC twice daily. So I am thinking that if I ever do run into any serious issues in the future, and need to restore from a backup, I would not necessarily need to reinstall CS6, being as all of its files and folders would already be included in the restore from the backup. At least that is what I am hoping. Of course, we know how Adobe is. :)

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
So, with "Even though CS6 will work with Catalina", are you confirming that CS6 definitely does work with Catalina, despite its dependency on a few 32-bit apps?

I can't confirm from first hand experience, but that is what has been said here and on other forums.

Though you may have an established backup with CCC, there is still a risk of getting into a tangle if you need to restore. You might want to keep a Mojave clone (on another disk/partition) until you are certain of how a recovery would work for you.
[automerge]1570331457[/automerge]
There is new XtraFinder (v1.5.1) which works with Catalina (assuming you follow the included instructions for Catalina).

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2009
I have CS6 and Photoshop/Acrobat Pro/Illustrator apps don't work in Catalina update I installed on my Mojave mac yesterday... since I don't have much use for them (sometimes edit some files) I don't care anymore.

badsimian

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2015
This- Anyone using Citrix workspace getting it to work on latest beta yet?

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Citrix at first tried to blame Apple, then posted a couple of betas people had working then pulled them. Very frustrating. I am having to use a VM to get into Citrix workspace for now. more info in this thread:-

Reactions: Newbie67

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Unfortunately it doesn't work. Citrix at first tried to blame Apple, then posted a couple of betas people had working then pulled them. Very frustrating. I am having to use a VM to get into Citrix workspace for now. more info in this thread:-

Just went to the download link and it allowed me to download the beta.

sgtaylor5

Contributor
Aug 6, 2017
Cheney, WA, USA
Risk of data file corruption and data loss for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac users who attempt to run QuickBooks on macOS Catalina

Guess I'll be staying on High Sierra, because $195 is too much for an upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2019, when that version does nothing extra I need. Now, if you need bank feeds, payroll or live technical support, then you're stuck upgrading to 2019.

EDIT: I've updated the first post to reflect this.
EDIT 2: added "live technical support" to reasons to upgrade to QuickBooks 2019.

Last edited:

rachpid

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2017
Couldn’t work out how to edit the first post but Sims 4 is now working with the most recent patch.

Ramsteiner

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
What was the osboot volume name you used? Same issue but terminal errors for me.
The terminal command that finally worked for me is:

touch /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions

You will know it is successful if you don't get any error messages. Had to wait for about 30 seconds before I could reboot from the apple menu in recovery mode.

Reactions: chrisdazzo

Gmouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
Norton Security 8.5, Build 330 had issues upgrading from Mojave to Catalina. On both iMac and MacBook I have it broke after the upgrade when it was trying to update itself and change some required permissions (I fixed MacBook issues myself, iMac required a Chat with Norton Tech Support and them removing in to fix). Also, their browser extensions don't work with Safari 13, and I had to download a standalone version of the extension from the App Store.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Working:

Finale 2.6 (even though MakeMusic claimed it wouldn't work)

Not working:

Server

Astoundingly, Apple's own app is 64-bit but for some reason has been disabled in Catalina.
[automerge]1570540006[/automerge]
Steam does work. They released an update, but you must first delete your current version plus some supporting files, then download the new 64-bit version from their site. Here are detailed instructions:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...steam-install-to-64-bit-before-macos-catalina

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisdazzo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.