Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Did not get RSV, as I have no relevant underlying health conditions. I can get the COVID booster in December. Right now, the clinic I go to does not have a supply of the vaccine.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
As far as I know, I have every shot and booster to date. I did notice, however, there’s another one in the works (or is it now available?), so I’ll probably get that too.

No health problems or side-effects this far, but we’ll see what happens.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
I did notice, however, there’s another one in the works (or is it now available?)

For anybody interested in the latest COVID vaccine updates for the USA, here are two places to check:

squawk7000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2021
Scotland
Received my covid booster and flu jabs yesterday. NHS Scotland are giving the Moderna/Spikevax version of the booster again this year.

Over 24 hour later I've had no reactions to either. If I press the injection site I can feel it, but otherwise nothing.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
got the "new" COVID booster this past Thu, headache and sluggish feeling on Fri ... This was shot #6 for me ...
Its still a thing, my son in law got it ~ 1 months after he got the new booster and tested positive for 2+ weeks, no bad things other than light fever and feeling "sick" ...

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I'm getting both COVID and flu shot as soon as I get home for the holidays. Hopefully on Wednesday right when I fly in--assuming there's a pharmacy open. That'll be my fifth COVID vaccine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
My 2 year old son got his new booster on Saturday. He slept more than usual that day, and was perfectly fine, no fever or anything.

He had covid at 6 months old, has had the original 3 dose covid vaccine after that (it wasn't available for his age group when he got covid). This is his second round of covid vaccines (it was a single half dose this time)

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Haven't had any jabs other than the first 3 we were offered for free in Sweden.
Its only people that are considered to have a weakened immune system due to a health condition or medical treatment that is officially recommended to get it.
I just recovered from Covid and I kinda regret not taking the jab, wasn't that ill but still. I'm normally never sick, not even the flu but Covid is another story. Was sick for a week at first, then well, and a week after I was sick again.

Again, It wasn't that bad but just frustrating to be sick for almost 2 weeks in total.
Will deffo consider to take the jab next year when there is new mutations around.

The 3 first jabs was Moderna and Pfizer, no side effects other than improved 5G coverage ;-)

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I was told by my doctor not to get another covid vaccine shot. The booster shot almost killed me a couple years ago. Gave me much worse symptoms than the two times I've actually had covid. My heart rate was very high for a full week and I was pretty much bed-ridden the entire time. My first covid shot wasn't too bad, the second one was noticeably a little worse, but I didn't think much of it at the time.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
German patient vaccinated against Covid 217 times
“The shots were bought and given privately within the space of 29 months.
The man appears to have suffered no ill effects, researchers from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg say.”

Reactions: Glideslope

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
German patient vaccinated against Covid 217 times
“The shots were bought and given privately within the space of 29 months.
The man appears to have suffered no ill effects, researchers from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg say.”

I hope that he was paid for this.

Reactions: macsound1

romanof

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
Yeah, I saw that too. My first reaction was that the guy is an idiot and just asking for it, then the second (and more probable) was that this is just some more Internet clickbait garbage. I never believe far out items anymore until they are verified elsewhere - and in more than just one place.

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
Yeah, I saw that too. My first reaction was that the guy is an idiot and just asking for it, then the second (and more probable) was that this is just some more Internet clickbait garbage. I never believe far out items anymore until they are verified elsewhere - and in more than just one place.
Surprisingly it is a true story -- it got a lot of coverage in the German press. The authorities were considering charging him with fraud because he obviously had to lie about his vaccine history to keep getting shots. He says he did it for "personal reasons" but it sounds like he may just be a bit of a "nutter" (as the Brits like to say), so they didn't prosecute.

It was written up in the Lancet (respected peer-reviewed journal).

Reactions: Chuckeee

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Surprisingly it is a true story -- it got a lot of coverage in the German press. The authorities were considering charging him with fraud because he obviously had to lie about his vaccine history to keep getting shots. He says he did it for "personal reasons" but it sounds like he may just be a bit of a "nutter" (as the Brits like to say), so they didn't prosecute.

It's a huge waste of money and I'd guess insurance or the government paid for it.

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
It's a huge waste of money and I'd guess insurance or the government paid for it.
Like I said the guy was a little "nuts", but from a science perspective it was interesting which is why he was approached by researchers after it made the press.

There is little science on "hypervaccination" but lots of speculation on what effect it might have on the immune system. The Lancet research showed it seemed to have no negative effects and in fact his immunity was optimal. Bloodwork showed he never had an actual Covid infection.

Obviously just one data point but an interesting one nonetheless. In the realm of "God works in mysterious ways," people doing crazy things can be useful for the rest of us.

Reactions: decafjava

zkap

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2019
Interesting fella. Some very unsurprising things in this article, like the guy insisting on further vaccination during testing, and researchers having frozen blood samples of his from before. This guy is not getting COVID, that's for sure.

romanof

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Texas

Wow. Then I would have to agree with our British friends. He is definitely a 'nutter.' (A Wacko, in Americanese)

Reactions: Chuckeee and VulchR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.