Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
As I recall, I didn't have any side effects from the initial two shots that were any worse than what I had experienced from flu shots. However, for a day or so after the first booster, I was incredibly fatigued. Then when I got the second booster a few weeks ago, my shoulder ached for a longer period than usual (maybe three days). Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Reactions: KaliYoni

squawk7000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2021
Scotland
Received my booster and flu jags on Sunday. I was given the choice of getting them in same arm or different, chose different. Covid shot was the Moderna bivalent version.

just a little soreness on the covid jag site, hopefully gone by tomorrow.

The Greater Glasgow health board seem to have their act together this time. The appointment letter gave a time to the minute, 14.56! turned up 5 mins early, and straight in. No need to join a queue, and straight to the nurse's desk. A couple of questions, shots received, then moved over to the seating area for 10 minutes. All very efficient, 15 minutes total.

The vaccination has even turned up in the NHS Scotland covid status app.

Reactions: KaliYoni and Huntn

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I got the newest COVID booster four days ago. This was the mildest reaction I've had yet. I felt a little warm, so I took some Tylenol. That's it. My arm wasn't even really sore. The flu shot, which I got more than a week before, did make my arm a little sore, as usual. I don't really think there's a connection. It's curious that the COVID shot behaved differently than previous times.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I got the newest COVID booster four days ago. This was the mildest reaction I've had yet. I felt a little warm, so I took some Tylenol. That's it. My arm wasn't even really sore. The flu shot, which I got more than a week before, did make my arm a little sore, as usual. I don't really think there's a connection. It's curious that the COVID shot behaved differently than previous times.

I had the same experience. I didn't have any reaction to the COVID vaccine, mild site pain that afternoon, nothing that evening or after. I did go from Moderna to Pfizer for the first time.

Reactions: KaliYoni

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Well I read an article recently that nearly the entire population of Geneva just to give one example has antibodies against Covid (at least one of the various strains). So it seems logical that the newest vaccines would have fewer side effects perhaps?

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004

If I poked the injection site with a finger, I felt just the slightest sensitivity....wouldn't even call it pain.....and that was it as far as any reaction to my recent booster. I didn't notice how long that sensitivity lasted since it was so minor

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Well I read an article recently that nearly the entire population of Geneva just to give one example has antibodies against Covid (at least one of the various strains). So it seems logical that the newest vaccines would have fewer side effects perhaps?
i had the opposite experience. Had the first three shots with no arm soreness and no after effects. I had the latest booster recently and it left me a bit fatigued and slight arm soreness. Only difference is that my first three shots were all Pfizer while the latest one was Moderna.

Kung

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
I've gotten one, back in 2021...and that's the only one I've gotten or will get, for three reasons:

1. I worked on an Army post and had COVID 3 times before I was 'able' to get the vaccine (I've had it 4x total). First bout was a kickass cold; second and third bout were literally the sniffles and feeling a bit run down.
2. The vaccine was worse than every bout of COVID except for maybe the first bout. The 2nd through 4th bouts of COVID were literally just some fatigue and a low grade fever. Meanwhile, I was in bed for 4 days with a 103 temperature, constant chills/sweating, nausea, etc.
3. My doctor actually sent off our blood as a 'baseline' for an antibody test...and found out that of all of her patients (including vaccinated), our antibody levels were far higher than everyone else's.

• Love
Reactions: George Dawes

Thirio2

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2019
Maryville, IL
My family got the Pfizer vaccine and boosters. The only side effects were sore arms. Unfortunately, they did not prevent getting symptomatic Covid by anyone in my extended family. My case was mild, but my wife had a rough time with it for about a week. The more I find out about the vaccine the more I am determined to pass on any further doses.

Reactions: iOS Geek

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I got covid shot #5 3 or 4 weeks ago and the flu shot 2 weeks later.
I will check with my doctor when I see her in a couple weeks what the recommended timing is for the just released covid shot.
I also wanted to get the RSV shot but it’s not covered by insurance and the cost is $340, that’s insane.

Lots of people gotten covid in the last 6 months or so, including my son.

To the best of my knowledge i have not had covid yet

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
First gave the usual fatigue chills etc etc Second just gave me the pain at injection site for a few days

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
First gave the usual fatigue chills etc etc Second just gave me the pain at injection site for a few days
I still have pain around the injection site of the booster I got in November 2021. Yes - coming up to two years.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't severe pain. It is at discomfort level. No fatigue. No chills.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Moderation Note

A number of posts were moved to the following thread:

They were moved because they discussed more than just one's vaccine experience.

Per the first post in this thread:
Try to limit your responses to feedback from yourself or your partner.

Reactions: max2 and polyphenol

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Last time I got the flu shot and the COVID booster in the same arm, that way I would have one good arm to sleep on (I’m a side sleeper). Turned out, sleeping on the one sore arm actually made it feel better.

This year I have delayed getting my flu shot a couple of weeks, so I could get both shots together again, the same way. Then will try to get the new RSV vaccine a couple of weeks later, if insurance will cover it.

Never had COVID, and avoided the flu since I started getting my flu shot annually.

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
I was in bed with fever, aches, and chills for a couple days after the second vaccine shot, which I received near the beginning of last year. After that, no symptoms. I was required to be vaccinated to be on campus.

I am not opposed to vaccinations, but I'm not someone who gets flu shots or other yearly vaccines. I probably wouldn't have gotten this one if I hadn't been forced to, so I doubt I will get the new one.

I've so far managed to avoid getting COVID and I haven't had the flu in years.

Reactions: Kung

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
We've been meaning to get our boosters.... No denying it's still here, and will be forever.... And last time/ first time I had COVID it left me breathless for 3 weeks...

Reactions: Chuckeee

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
I'll get the new COVID vaccine as soon as it's ready in the next week or two, then I'll give it another week and go back for the flu shot, same as last year. I typically get reactions from both so I don't want to pile it on like that.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
I received the current COVID (Pfizer) and flu shots a few days ago. COVID in one arm, flu in the other. I've had doses of both Pfizer and Moderna in the past.

The side effects were similar to previous COVID + flu injections. Both arms felt sore within a few hours, with the COVID arm more pronounced. The next day, the COVID arm felt very sore, but not so bad that I needed to take painkillers or limit my activities. I think both vaccinations led to a general tired feeling as well.

All the side effects were gone on the second day after getting injected.

Reactions: squawk7000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.