Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
To people who don't want to wear masks or get vaccinated…

That is all.
Well said!

We take so much for granted these days.

I told my son how I had to pay $800 for my car registration the other day. Just don’t pay it, he says. Do you like having a road to drive on? Would you prefer to be walking everywhere? You’d never see your grandparents who are 400km away…

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Has anybody received a new bivalent booster? Should be interesting to see how side effects go...
Got the new bivalent yesterday at noon, about 28 hours ago and the side effects are there but mild. Not sure if I will make it through the rest of the day like this but that's my report so far. Also worth noting that I am twice vaxxed and this is my third booster (needed a new card!) so I've been staying pretty well on top of them all along.

Reactions: KaliYoni

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Had a call from my pharmacy today that the new bivalent vaccine for COVID is available, as well as the new flu vaccination. Have some things to do this week but will be getting myself over there for the jab(s) either at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I have been Team Moderna all the way and and intend to remain so.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I got the new booster on Saturday (9/10/22). My first 3 shots were Modena, this time I went Pfizer. I had no noticeable reaction. I did get COVID (not sure what strain) for the first time in May (5/22).

Last edited:

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
I'll probably get one maybe at the end of next week. Gonna get another Moderna , figure I've got 4 shots of the stuff in me and it hasn't killed me (yet) . No big rush as I had Covid around a month back and figure I'm chock full of antibodies for a while .

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
No big rush as I had Covid around a month back

I am not a medical professional. But as of the writing of this post, some public health, immunology, and epidemiology practitioners advise that waiting 3-6 months from your last vaccination dose or actual infection may be the way to go, depending on your personal situation:

Last edited:

squawk7000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2021
Scotland
In Scotland the advice is wait 4 weeks from positive test or first symptoms.

it appears that I won’t have a choice which vaccine I get in October. supplies of the bivalent versions are still building up here, so might have to accept the Moderna again.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
it appears that I won’t have a choice which vaccine I get in October. supplies of the bivalent versions are still building up here, so might have to accept the Moderna again.

Up to this point Moderna has shown a higher effectiveness (93%) than Pfizer (88%).

BigHungry04

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2008
Kentucky
Well, over 24 hours in and my arm pain is gone. So far, so good. I had them put it in my right arm instead of my left, I think putting it in the right arm will make the microchip from the first three stop working. I don't want Bill Gates knowing where I am at all times, any more.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Well, over 24 hours in and my arm pain is gone. So far, so good. I had them put it in my right arm instead of my left, I think putting it in the right arm will make the microchip from the first three stop working. I don't want Bill Gates knowing where I am at all times, any more.
Same here, only I chose the right arm since I typically sleep on my left. The fact that it didn't come with IPV6 addresses made me lose all confidence in their microchip.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I received the bivalent Pfizer and the flu vaccine yesterday. One in each shoulder. The pharmacist told me the flu shot wouldn’t be tender and the Pfizer would be afterwards and she was right. Kinda wild. No side effects other than that. Hooray!

ndouglas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2022
I got the Pfizer booster yesterday, and flu shot also. No symptoms so far, besides same mild shoulder soreness. I appreciate being able to get one, and that others are doing so. Thanks for posting about it also ! Helps me feel some degree of reassurance and faith in humanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafterman

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Four doses, two Sinopharm, two boosters. One Moderna, one Pfizer. So, a fruit salad. The first two, nothing. I joked I’d been injected with water. The third, a Pfizer, slight arm pain for one night, nothing else. The fourth one, the Moderna booster, I felt pretty awful, Covid-like symptoms for one night. Maybe the microchip was activating… the Sinopharm has no microchip.
A shame. I really wanted my IPV6 address. You are saying no vaccine has them, maybe the fifth will! Looking forward to having a cooler IP address.

• Haha
Reactions: ndouglas

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
I got the Moderna BA.4/BA.5 booster along with this year's flu shot. Moderna arm felt sore for a couple of days then was sore when touched for another two days or so. I didn't feel anything on flu arm. Other than that, COVID-19 vaccine side effects were essentially imperceptible compared with my primary series (Pfizer x 2) and previous boosters.

Reactions: ericgtr12

castlema

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2003
I am scheduled for 3rd booster today at a Kroger-affiliate pharmacy. All of my vaccinations have been the Pfizer vaccine here in Colorado. First two were at am event sponsored by my employer, first booster was at a pharmacy and secodn one was at a Kaiser clinic. My second shot did leave me feeling a bit unwell, what I describe as "out of phase" but it was nothing serious. Apart from that i have had no ill effects.

Reactions: ericgtr12

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Got the new booster and flu shots earlier this afternoon. So far, not feeling any effects. After the first two shots and first booster I had gotten a severe headache that lasted about 2 hours; maybe because they wre Moderna and I got Pfizer shot today.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Welp, I either have COVID or the flu. I got a bad cold a couple weeks ago, started feeling better but developed some throat congestion and a cough. I assumed it was a bad post-nasal drip. But I started feeling feverish out of nowhere tonight, like I got hit by a truck. Temp fluctuating between 101.5 and over 102. Took a rapid test and it was negative, but I'm going to take a PCR test tomorrow just to be safe. I have the bivalent booster FWIW, but I haven't gotten my flu shot yet.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
got my 4th shot (Pfizer) on 9/23, fever the day after but managed. my first 3 shots were Moderna. Got my flu shot 2 weeks prior to that as last year I got it together with my 3rd Covid together and had reaction

Dismayed

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2022
I received the Pfizer BioNTech bivalent booster. My arm was mildly sore and I felt a bit wrung out for a day. So pretty minor side effects.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I got the Pfizer booster yesterday, and flu shot also. No symptoms so far, besides same mild shoulder soreness. I appreciate being able to get one, and that others are doing so. Thanks for posting about it also ! Helps me feel some degree of reassurance and faith in humanity.

I did too, the flu and the Pfizer 3rd booster for the new variants today. We'll see hwo it goes. Four previous Pfizer shots, no symptoms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.