Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
If you look at USA or EU VAERS systems. which have many injuries and deaths... the data is there, from many millions, with millions of adverse events, from injuries, long term health issues and death.
VAERS is irrelevant. Only people who don't know what they are talking about cite VAERS as a source of vaccine injury statistics.

Reactions: mw360

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
That was a rather unkind reply. I didn't know what VAERS was, but you've made me curious enough to find out, and then why you say it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Reactions: George Dawes

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Got the first 2 Moderna shots in May, and I got my Moderna booster a little over a week ago. I had a headache for about 2 hours afterwards, which I expected since I had the same experience with the first two shots. After that, no issues the day of the shot. The next day though, I had ZERO energy, my body ached, I got chills, though I never had a fever. I started feeling better late in the afternoon.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
2 x Moderna. The booster isn't out yet for that one. I had no real side effects other than sore arm. Right now I'm stuck at home with Covid. I don't the shot helped me but it didn't hurt me either so IDC.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
2 x Moderna. The booster isn't out yet for that one. I had no real side effects other than sore arm. Right now I'm stuck at home with Covid. I don't the shot helped me but it didn't hurt me either so IDC.
Where are you? The Moderna booster is available here, and lots of places. I got the Moderna originally, but a Pfizer booster, because my clinic was offering only Pfizer. Truthfully, I don't recall if the Moderna booster was available at that time. But since they made a point to tell me I was not getting Moderna, I suspect it was.

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Where are you? The Moderna booster is available here, and lots of places. I got the Moderna originally, but a Pfizer booster, because my clinic was offering only Pfizer. Truthfully, I don't recall if the Moderna booster was available at that time. But since they made a point to tell me I was not getting Moderna, I suspect it was.
I’m in Texas. I usually go to the VA but maybe I should check my local pharmacy. It’s going to have to wait a few more days because I don’t want to spread my plague ?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
In the beginning of the vaccine distribution, most of the pharmacies in my area were busy giving inoculations to residents of nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc., and initially the first cohort to get the jab anyway was people over a certain age -- the elderly -- and those who were first-responders and emergency personnel, etc. The county set up a scenario where citizens could go by appointment to one of the county health department facilities that was close to them, and that worked out fairly well in the beginning. There was a bit of a snafu for the second round of jabs, though, and I had to wait longer than anticipated, but thankfully was able to get one within the recommended time frame anyway.

Once more vaccines were available and more was distributed, then that made it much easier for everyone to get their jabs at a location and time convenient to them. This third round for the booster was easy -- I didn't even bother making an appointment, just walked in and was able to get the booster immediately after filling out the required paperwork.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
I got my Moderna booster before Thanksgiving at a CVS . Their website had info on what vaccine is offered at what branch . Was just a matter of choosing a location that had the version you wanted .

Reactions: pshufd

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I got my Moderna booster before Thanksgiving at a CVS . Their website had info on what vaccine is offered at what branch . Was just a matter of choosing a location that had the version you wanted .

I got mine November 22 at CVS. Same experience. I was the first appointment of the day and there was nobody else there for an appointment. I was in and out very quickly. My first two shots had a 40 minute wait and it was something like 90 minutes overall. There was a long line and all of the paperwork and processing was done there. The new process is that you do the paperwork online ahead of the appointment. They also didn't have me wait 15 minutes after the booster. Perhaps it's due to the lower dose.

I got the booster a couple of days or maybe a week before it became available to all adults. There was a crush of people trying to get boosters when it opened up. I don't think that there is any wait these days as I haven't seen any lines in Walgreens or CVS the last few times I've been there.

Reactions: someoldguy

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
They also didn't have me wait 15 minutes after the booster. Perhaps it's due to the lower dose.
It’s not due to the lower dose. For example, the Pfizer vaccine booster, uses the exact same amount as the first two vaccination series. (Moderna uses a lesser amount.)

What they should’ve asked you, ‘What type of side effects you experienced after the second vaccine’. If you experienced more adverse side effects after the second vaccine, then they make you wait for 15 minutes per protocol with the booster.

Prior to receiving my booster, they asked me what type of effects I experienced post the second vaccination, which I stated ‘nothing’. Then they told me, it’s not necessary to wait the 15 minutes.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
It’s not due to the lower dose. For example. The Pfizer vaccine booster, uses the exact same amount as the first two vaccinations.

What they should’ve asked you, ‘What type of side effects you experienced after the second vaccine’. If you experience more adverse side effects after the second vaccine, then they make you wait for 15 minutes per protocol with the booster.

Prior to receiving my booster, they asked me what type of effects I experienced post the second vaccination, which I stated ‘nothing’. Then they told me, it’s not necessary to wait the 15 minutes.

I don't recall if I was asked but I had no side-effects, other than a sore arm after the second dose. Though that was Pfizer. I had no side-effects after the booster.

At any rate, it was a smooth and fast experience.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
By the way, I am SO GLAD I got my half-dose Moderna booster shot back in December 11, 2021. Sure, the line was a bit long, but it wasn't excessive. I try to do that now through my health care provider, yikes! :eek:???

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Got my 3rd shot of (all Pfizer) the vaccine today.
No side effects in any of the 3 times.
After 2 days I however got som mild flu symptoms this time.
Probably an effect that I also was very tired this time prior to the shot, and in need of more sleep.
I assume….

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
My household... me, wife, plus 14, 8 and 6yo boys... are all so far between 1 and 3 shots. The 14yo is immuno-comprimised, so is going to get a 4th shot in 3 months. All Pfizer. Wife has had it worst with reactions, but as she says - just 1-2 days of being uncomfortable. Nothing major.

Sword86

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
I got my 1st shot in May. Moderna.....just an achy arm for a day.
Wife got hers in April. Pfizer....achy arm.
I got my 2nd in July. Moderna....achy arm.
Wife got 2nd in June. Pfizer....achy arm.
I got booster in January. Choice of either at the time, went with Moderna. Felt mild flu-like symptoms for a couple of days.
Wife got booster in Dec. Pfizer....Very Mild flu-like symptoms for a day or so.
I had flu shot in October. Wife in November. No issues.

However....it appears right now the wife has contracted Omicron. In bed with all the symptoms of the flu. Her friend tested positive for Omicron last week and shares the identical symptoms so we jumped to that conclusion. I am keeping my distance so I'm not next. ?
S

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
...it appears right now the wife has contracted Omicron. In bed with all the symptoms of the flu.
Wishing her a quick recovery. My sister (in her late 60's, fully vaccinated and boosted) had it and it was mild. She got a COVID test, and it was positive, so it wasn't a cold or the flu. Edit: She contracted it while helping with a bake sale to raise money for the family of a County Sherriff's officer who was killed in the line of duty. ...proving once again that no good deed goes unpunished

Last edited:
Reactions: poorcody

Sword86

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Wishing her a quick recovery. My sister (in her late 60's, fully vaccinated and boosted) had it and it was mild. She got a COVID test, and it was positive, so it wasn't a cold or the flu.
Thanks.
She indeed tested positive after trying to go see a friend in a care home where they test before letting you in. (or in her case, not) She is at 12 days or so now and still not 100%. I believe I have it (now Day 6)
My symptoms are not nearly as bad. I give a few more days. Hasn't changed my activity levels. Feels like a mild cold now. S

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Thanks.
She indeed tested positive after trying to go see a friend in a care home where they test before letting you in. (or in her case, not) She is at 12 days or so now and still not 100%. I believe I have it (now Day 6)
My symptoms are not nearly as bad. I give a few more days. Hasn't changed my activity levels. Feels like a mild cold now. S
Here's my timeline (I'm vaccinated and boosted):
- Saturday not feeling well and saw family at one of my sons place. There were 7 of us together.
- Sunday not feeling well...couldn't put my finger on what was bothering me
- Monday worked from home and wasn't feeling well. Took antigen test and tested positive
- Monday night: hit me like a ton of bricks. Bad cold and sore throat worse than strep throat. No temperature or trouble breathing.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in bed sheltered in a spare bedroom away from spouse
- Thursday evening -- symptoms disappeared like a passing thunderstorm -- I credit this to the recent booster.
- Next two weeks random bouts of raging tiredness that after two weeks went away

Out of the 7 in the family, only one of my sons got covid. Not even my wife got it. Go figure.

timidpimpin

Suspended
Nov 10, 2018
Cascadia
To people who don't want to wear masks or get vaccinated, I have this to say. You're part of a society, wherever it is you may live, and there are many benefits to living in a society. Society allows us to have a career/job, gives you easy access to food and housing, and generally makes your life easier in every possible way.

What's the alternative? Moving out to the woods, building a cabin, and foraging for your own food.

So because we all benefit from society, when it needs something back from us, like wearing a mask and being vaccinated, or simply just following basic societal laws, it's our obligation to do so. Life is about give and take, not just what we personally want or prefer.

That is all.

elbert

Suspended
Jun 17, 2018
To people who don't want to wear masks or get vaccinated, I have this to say. You're part of a society, wherever it is you may live, and there are many benefits to living in a society. Society allows us to have a career/job, gives you easy access to food and housing, and generally makes your life easier in every possible way.

What's the alternative? Moving out to the woods, building a cabin, and foraging for your own food.

So because we all benefit from society, when it needs something back from us, like wearing a mask and being vaccinated, or simply just following basic societal laws, it's our obligation to do so. Life is about give and take, not just what we personally want or prefer.

That is all.

I assume everyone's a carrier so I just mask up, sanitize and when required face shield.

It is fortunate I do not live in a country that does not believe the virus is real and vaccine is necessary

Last edited:

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs

That is all.
Well said. Individuality only goes so far when it starts to negatively impact everyone else. Sometimes the common good takes precedence.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Has anybody received a new bivalent booster? Should be interesting to see how side effects go...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.