Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ripsaw650

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2015
Utah
How are you guys ensuring what you are buying are genuine Apple products? Are you just asking for images of the band size that is stamped on the Apple versions? Or....?

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
How are you guys ensuring what you are buying are genuine Apple products? Are you just asking for images of the band size that is stamped on the Apple versions? Or....?
In the rare case that there’s no box, yeah the markings and color-matched adapter pins are enough for me. As far as I know there’s no fakes out there where they’ve bothered to fake the printing. No market for it, I think (the idiots who want these gross knock-offs just want cheap rubbish) and they probably couldn’t get it to look right anyway.

I’m sure there’s some exceptions and my eyes are just trained to ignore, but the price generally tells you what’s up. The junk fakes are priced so low as to be unmistakable.

Sport loops you just need to look for the area by the lug, often the fakes won’t bother with the little mowed down area, I don’t think. And those the pattern is harder to fake and I see a lot of misshapen lugs.

Last edited:

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
These are 40-45 all over eBay lately. I was wondering why the sudden surge in listings. Both sizes boxed. It’s odd.
I don’t know maybe it comes in natural waves and is unrelated, but there’s been a major sell-off of all loops since the pride watch face came out. I’m well on my way to filling out all the pre-2020 gettable loops of my collection at $20-30. Down to just canary and lilac now and khaki.

And deciding I want dragon fruit and electric pink which...no. Granted I was sure I’d never get Alaskan or Khaki and now I can’t live without any tri-tone except that despicable Seahawks one neon lime.

The first product red loop I can’t decide. Just caved on that Amazon nectarine in not my preferred size. Seems close enough to red.

toxtrepla

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2020
I don’t know maybe it comes in natural waves and is unrelated, but there’s been a major sell-off of all loops since the pride watch face came out. I’m well on my way to filling out all the pre-2020 gettable loops of my collection at $20-30. Down to just canary and lilac now and khaki.

And deciding I want dragon fruit and electric pink which...no. Granted I was sure I’d never get Alaskan or Khaki and now I can’t live without any tri-tone except that despicable Seahawks one neon lime.

The first product red loop I can’t decide. Just caved on that Amazon nectarine in not my preferred size. Seems close enough to red.
I actually prefer the Gen 2 product red loop. You are one of the few (like myself) who like the dual tone bands. I have all of them released so far as well. I actually sold some of my lesser worn loops a little bit back. Some of the first gen loops have some wonky stitching (flash, dark olive, etc) and I found got frayed easy compared to the newer ones. Neon green is pretty nice in person btw!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I actually prefer the Gen 2 product red loop. You are one of the few (like myself) who like the dual tone bands. I have all of them released so far as well. I actually sold some of my lesser worn loops a little bit back. Some of the first gen loops have some wonky stitching (flash, dark olive, etc) and I found got frayed easy compared to the newer ones. Neon green is pretty nice in person btw!
Yeah that dual tone product red is amazing. I can’t even begin to rank the sport loops, especially because the dual tones are so unique but that one rises above...handsome deep red, purple...mwah. Yeah I’m all in on them now but I loved camel from jump and of course now sunshine and vitamin c. I def love the lime element, I just think I want a lighter blue...

$30 pink blast 40mm loop

https://merc.li/Bquy3JR8b

toxtrepla

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2020
Wow that seems extremely sketchy, down to the “clueless/friendly grandparents” stock photo...
I’m inclined to agree with you. I never rush to judgement but a first time seller with a post like that is always suspect.

Ive been scammed too many times on Mercari to be open minded. Empty boxes shipped, packages shipped with weights, etc...
[automerge]1590264660[/automerge]
Yeah that dual tone product red is amazing. I can’t even begin to rank the sport loops, especially because the dual tones are so unique but that one rises above...handsome deep red, purple...mwah. Yeah I’m all in on them now but I loved camel from jump and of course now sunshine and vitamin c. I def love the lime element, I just think I want a lighter blue...

$30 pink blast 40mm loop

https://merc.li/Bquy3JR8b
Looks like it was deleted! Good price too.

• Wow
Reactions: CarlJ

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I’m inclined to agree with you. I never rush to judgement but a first time seller with a post like that is always suspect.

Ive been scammed too many times on Mercari to be open minded. Empty boxes shipped, packages shipped with weights, etc...
[automerge]1590264660[/automerge]

Looks like it was deleted! Good price too.
Yeah and look at the supposed Nancy Pyne in the avatar...does she look like the kind of woman who would take anything less than market for papaya and canary...lolol.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Wrong size for me for ? Papaya loop 38/40.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324176390768
Darn didn’t check the forums early enough today, although looks like it didn’t sell but was taken down and maybe will come back? I *need* this band. I’m sure it’ll be twice the price when it reappears ?

Update: I guess he says it was sold. No matter, somehow this journey to the second circle of retail hell surfaced an international seller that never came up in my daily papaya and lilac search. How did I do guys? He refunded shipping for three of them....I will finally get to see if I actually got a 42mm pink fuch off Mercari or indeed that I own two Berry buckles haha. Moment of minor freak out after purchase that the buttons were black but I rushed to the nearest sport loop and confirmed they always are ?
(He does have a 44mm papaya but for $60 US)
91BAF6E3-BDB0-429C-BC6C-530422D6CC83.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj

toxtrepla

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2020
Darn didn’t check the forums early enough today, although looks like it didn’t sell but was taken down and maybe will come back? I *need* this band. I’m sure it’ll be twice the price when it reappears ?

Update: I guess he says it was sold. No matter, somehow this journey to the second circle of retail hell surfaced an international seller that never came up in my daily papaya and lilac search. How did I do guys? He refunded shipping for three of them....I will finally get to see if I actually got a 42mm pink fuch off Mercari or indeed that I own two Berry buckles haha. Moment of minor freak out after purchase that the buttons were black but I rushed to the nearest sport loop and confirmed they always are ?
(He does have a 44mm papaya but for $60 US)
View attachment 918336
I have bought some stuff from him before. He’s awesome to deal with and even the “Used” items are literally brand new.

As close to retail as you’ll ever get too for some of these.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I have bought some stuff from him before. He’s awesome to deal with and even the “Used” items are literally brand new.

As close to retail as you’ll ever get too for some of these.
So you’re saying he’s like a Middle Eastern/UK Chargerstore? Yeah he was amazing to work with. Responded immediately, didn’t know how to invoice but immediately refunded. I guess I was lucky it’s just dinner time there. How fast was shipping? I know it’ll be slower right now. I had my lug-less watch bands take a good minute from Wales.

I swear eBay is so broken. I’m back on his store now and it’s not showing any watch bands...even though I got to his store from his 44mm Canary Loop listing from my history. I feel like it’s not even limited to UK. Sometimes I’ll magically unlock Hermes listings that have been sitting there for weeks by doing stuff like accidentally typing Herms.

I guess I should be glad, that below-market Hermes sport band would have gone much sooner, even with $14 shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj

Fhotofaerie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2020
Ca
Good price for those in need. Now that they are discontinued, I won‘t be shocked to see resell on these next year hit 60+ Used.
I want one of these but, wrong size for me.
[automerge]1590769460[/automerge]

No real pics, explore at your own risk.
$33.19

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Reactions: JBlass421 and twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I want one of these but, wrong size for me.
[automerge]1590769460[/automerge]

No real pics, explore at your own risk.
$33.19
@mikedop just grabbed it so we’ll find out. Blinq is solid, one of these wholesalers that seems to buy up Best Buy remainders. But they sell so much crap that maybe they could get something subtle wrong here.

I just got delft (which I hadn’t searched on eBay in a long time) for 31.50 before tax...pre-owned from a similar seller (vipoutlet) but usually I find a lot of things from these wholesalers is just “new without box” by any other name. That’s a good deal, right? As long as it’s not totally trashed.
[automerge]1590771288[/automerge]
Yep, that's the one I bought. How did I not know about this thread?
It’s pretty quiet around here. @twanj didn’t buy that local tv ad I begged him to.

• Haha
Reactions: twanj and mikedop
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.