Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you regret updating to iPhone 14 Pro, or 14 Pro Max for that matter?

• No regrets whatsoever!!

Votes: 97 72.9%
  • Not sure yet but probably going to keep it!

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Really unsure, on the fence to let it go!

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Total regret, getting rid of it for a better choice!

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
That is definitely I high degree of back and forth upgrading :cool: just had a thought, if a 13 max and 12 mini had a baby… it would be a 14 pro 👼:D

How come these 3 in 6 week?
Lol. There was a deal here for 256 12 minis so bought 2 sold one for near double so one was free, should of bought more, was getting sick of the max phones had the 12 and 13 for a few years. Sold the 13 max. Then saw a deal on a 14 pro that was too good to refuse, so got it and sold the 12 mini for near double too.
These things are just tools to me I don’t get sentimental.

Reactions: Carlsberg69

Chevelle

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
I went from a 13 Pro to a 14 Pro Max and am regretting it. Wanted the bigger screen (which I like) but it’s heavy and kind of annoying.

Have always gotten the pro models but now wish I got a 14 Plus. I’m outside the ATT return window by 2 days so if I wanted to trade in for the 14 Plus I’d have to pay $550 to cover half the cost of the phone so not worth it.

May go stop by a store and see if I could still but don’t even have the box as it was used to return the 13 Pro so probably couldn’t anyway.

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2023
I went from a 13 Pro to a 14 Pro Max and am regretting it. Wanted the bigger screen (which I like) but it’s heavy and kind of annoying.

Have always gotten the pro models but now wish I got a 14 Plus. I’m outside the ATT return window by 2 days so if I wanted to trade in for the 14 Plus I’d have to pay $550 to cover half the cost of the phone so not worth it.

May go stop by a store and see if I could still but don’t even have the box as it was used to return the 13 Pro so probably couldn’t anyway.
The plus is just as big and will be just as annoying for you, but cause it’s lighter it’s more ok?

2shars2cents

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2023
Yes I can definitely see that! I was actually considering buying a 13PM instead of the 14PM now, could have saved some $$$ of course! Coming from the 13 and needing the better/bigger screen and battery life, I just thought what the heck, it’s always better to get the newest version when you buy and have it last longer!
Yes exactly haha that is the reason I got the 13 pro and upgraded the storage for future proofing. Also Sierra Blue was one of my favorite iPhone colors and I don’t feel the need to upgrade anytime soon like I used to do. I also find it a pain to transfer data to a new phone. I think I’m getting old 😅

doobydoooby

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Genève, Switzerland
Very happy, but that's because I upgraded from an X. The differences from one year to the next aren't particularly meaningful to me: I remember upgrading from the 8 to the X and being pretty bored with the shiny new thing after a couple of hours. But from the X to the 14 has been a huge improvement that I still appreciate months later.

Reactions: Carlsberg69

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2023
Yup. It’s not the size. It’s the weight.
I really like the satisfying and kind of assuring heft to the 14PM, for me it’s more the size that definitely is the tough one, coming from 12 mini and 13…. But that screen, the screen 😍😜

Reactions: orbital~debris

OlesyaPetrova

Suspended
Mar 20, 2023
Hi all,

Do you regret upgrading to iPhone 14 Pro or even 14 Pro Max??

I am really curious to get some thoughts around any regrets, or the opposite if that’s the case. It’s an even pricier device this time around, especially here in Europe where I am… at least we get a sim tray 😂

Myself, I went from a regular 13, 12 mini before that, to the 14PM, and have to say I’m not at all overwhelmed over the size as I thought I would be. After all, I’ve gone from a mini to a max in not too long, and it was really a definite change of need of big screen and longer battery life that forced my stepwise upgrades. I do not regret my upgrade to 14PM personally, even if it did sting my wallet quite a bit, but you out there might have a lot more thoughts about this? Also quite interested to hear the upgrades from previous Pro Max generations, since that could have been a choice I could have taken.

It would be really interesting to read your comments and see your votes!

Wish you a nice day!
Oh, I'm thinking about buying a new iPhone 14, too. Is it worth it?

OlesyaPetrova

Suspended
Mar 20, 2023
I really like the satisfying and kind of assuring heft to the 14PM, for me it’s more the size that definitely is the tough one, coming from 12 mini and 13…. But that screen, the screen 😍😜
Hi. Tell me please, do you have iPhone 14 ? I have iPhone 6 now, should I change to the new model ? Is the screen cool?

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2023
Very happy, but that's because I upgraded from an X. The differences from one year to the next aren't particularly meaningful to me: I remember upgrading from the 8 to the X and being pretty bored with the shiny new thing after a couple of hours. But from the X to the 14 has been a huge improvement that I still appreciate months later.
Very respectable upgrade year gaps there! 👊 kudos! I tend to hold on to a phone until it’s just not keeping up anymore or the new ones have a feature/s can not be “ignored”, in other words a little bit of a push over…😂
Must say that the X was a major one, the one upgrade after the first ever iPhone I had, 3GS.

Reactions: doobydoooby

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2023
Oh, I'm thinking about buying a new iPhone 14, too. Is it worth it?
Hi. Tell me please, do you have iPhone 14 ? I have iPhone 6 now, should I change to the new model ? Is the screen cool?
Well, I actually have an 5s too as a second phone still, and even if it runs older software it’s pretty fine! It depends on what you really need, that the 6 doesn’t have! If you can, go to a store and check the 14 and others out and compare. New iPhones are generally always nicer, for a price :)

Last edited:

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
Went from a green iPhone 11 (non-Pro, non-Max) to a purple iPhone 14 Pro (non-Max). Everything about the 14 Pro seems more polished, smoother, classier. The cameras are amazing and the speakers sound literally twice as good as the 11. The high-refresh-rate screen scrolls incredibly smoothly and the colours just pop. Still getting used to the always-on display (clock) but I'll miss it if it was taken away. Overall 10/10.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
Mine was essentially free, so I can’t complain. But the 15 Pro seems so much more intriguing. But I most likely wouldn’t get a 15 Pro for free so I reckon I’m satisfied.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2022
I voted “not sure yet, but going to keep it” simply because I’m not going to get rid of it, but I went from 13 Pro Max to the 14 Pro Max and honestly, it was a waste of money. I definitely bought into the dynamic island hype when the 14 pro max was announced, which ultimately was a mistake. That being said, I’m not going to get rid of it. The brighter screen is a nice upgrade, and the notch was growing old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.