Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a case on your iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 911 66.5%
  • Yes, but will be removing it

Votes: 57 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 307 22.4%
  • No, but will be getting one

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 85 6.2%

• Total voters

Khavik

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
My case already came but I have to wait 2 weeks more for phone, so here are photos showing how cameras size increased in past 4 years (compared to 11PM)

Attachments

• IMG_9407.jpeg
    IMG_9407.jpeg
    598.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_9406.jpeg
    IMG_9406.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: gusto5 and Jgboys1

dan428

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
Yes, strictly with microfibre inside. My 11 got badly scratched and marked by dust particles between the case and the phone, so with my 15 Pro I only use cases with soft inside edges.
I thought about getting one with felt/microfiber, but then realized not only does it add thickness, it prevents the phone from dispersing heat properly, which can degrade battery faster (plus charge slower and potentially cause thermal throttling)

dan428

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
My case already came but I have to wait 2 weeks more for phone, so here are photos showing how cameras size increased in past 4 years (compared to 11PM)
Wow they really just keep getting bigger and bigger huh.. I have the 6s and X still and the difference in camera size is pretty funny. I remember when people were upset that the newer iPhones had a camera bump at all, as they initially were fully flush inside the phone body so the phone could lie flat.

The 6s has a single lens very slightly jut out from body.. my X has a small dual lens jut out just a little more… it’s fully flush with a case on. My 15 pro really showed how much it’s changed.. it’s become quite garish (on nearly all phones of course not just apple). I guess it’s the only way to deliver the improved image quality.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Damn I miss the 11 Pro form factor. Not a better phone in a leather case than that, period. Last of the phones to be able to sit flat on their back in any reasonable or apple case.

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
anyone clean their clear case with soap and water once in awhile? theres always fingerprints no matter where you place it and your hands. and i use a towel to dry the water off or sometimes cloth to clear the fingerprints off.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
anyone clean their clear case with soap and water once in awhile? theres always fingerprints no matter where you place it and your hands. and i use a towel to dry the water off or sometimes cloth to clear the fingerprints off.
I usually submerge my case under water and clean it with soap once per month before propping it up in the kitchen and leaving it to dry off overnight. I’ll use that opportunity to make sure the phone is clean also and remove any lint in the grills along with grime around the paintwork.

The device always looks brand new after it has been cleaned.

Reactions: Legendts

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I have about 5 cases for my 15 Pro Max but this evening don't feel like putting any of them on....

Hatshepsut

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
I've never really used cases since I've always had Apple Care but I am now after Apple downgraded my trade in value for my regular 14 from $430 to $100 (I answered all the questions completely honestly--I answered "no" to "is it in good condition" also no to cracks, yes to perfect working order...the only damage is cosmetic--scuffs on the corners). Better to use a case if you plan on selling or trading in I guess (even though I think $100 is absurd).

• Wow
Reactions: geta

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
I've never really used cases since I've always had Apple Care but I am now after Apple downgraded my trade in value for my regular 14 from $430 to $100 (I answered all the questions completely honestly--I answered "no" to "is it in good condition" also no to cracks, yes to perfect working order...the only damage is cosmetic--scuffs on the corners). Better to use a case if you plan on selling or trading in I guess (even though I think $100 is absurd).
Their trade in offers are a joke.

Reactions: Barbareren

5gsumdae

macrumors member
May 4, 2020
Always have used a case. Just a basic silicon case. And making sure the back of the phone, covered by the case, is facing out in my pocket. With the 4S I once had the screen facing out and bumped against a car fender, breaking the screen.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
Cases make the iPhone cheap feeling. I don’t like it. Feeling the phone without a case or screen protector is pure bliss.

Reactions: verity

seoho_ss

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2022
No. I didn't install a protective case for my iPhone15 Pro Max. I think streaking is the best feeling.

ibookemo

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I’ve been using the Apple silicone cases for year and really love them. For a while I tried some other brands and found some lovely colour variations but I ended up going back to the Apple ones as the MagSafe they use seems to the be best implementation.

One note: it always takes a few days to ‘break in’ a new silicone case - they’re a little slippery on day one but become quite grippy. A nice feeling.

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
I like Mous cases, I have a Limitless 5.0 in Bamboo coming. I usually get the Aramid cases, but I wanted to try something different, and they are out of Walnut :D

Chynonyno

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2018
I’ve been using the Apple silicone cases for year and really love them. For a while I tried some other brands and found some lovely colour variations but I ended up going back to the Apple ones as the MagSafe they use seems to the be best implementation.

One note: it always takes a few days to ‘break in’ a new silicone case - they’re a little slippery on day one but become quite grippy. A nice feeling.
I think the same, the touch of chewing gum that the cover gets after the weeks is very pleasant. On an iPhone 15 Pro they are ideal.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I think the same, the touch of chewing gum that the cover gets after the weeks is very pleasant. On an iPhone 15 Pro they are ideal.
The grippiness is great for the hand but not the pocket. I actually had to stop using my case because almost every time I took my phone out of my pocket, it would catch the pocket material and pull it inside out, and I’d have to stuff my pocket back in. Super annoying.

Reactions: landonalder

Chynonyno

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2018
The grippiness is great for the hand but not the pocket. I actually had to stop using my case because almost every time I took my phone out of my pocket, it would catch the pocket material and pull it inside out, and I’d have to stuff my pocket back in. Super annoying.
Which one do you use iPhone 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max? The silicone case for the Pro Max is too thick and heavy. It is intended to be ideal only in the No Max models.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Which one do you use iPhone 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max? The silicone case for the Pro Max is too thick and heavy. It is intended to be ideal only in the No Max models.
Neither haha, I have an SE3. Also it was a third party silicone case, though pretty high quality (at the time I think there were only two color options for Apple cases), but it sounded like the same situation where it was only slightly grippy at first then became very grippy after awhile.
But I was also kind of glad to get rid of it because it added bulk. Gonna get a skin just for the grip but in the meantime I used some tape which actually worked fine except it fell off after awhile haha.

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Sometimes I try to put back the Leather or the Silicone case on my 14 pro max. Every time, despite appreciating the improved grip, I finished coming back caseless 😅

Reactions: Hele
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.