Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yogosans14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina
I can’t stand any of the color options for the new 15 pro models, they all so dull and similar to each other. The regular 15 line up colors are gorgeous though especially the pink and yellow colors!

I have a 13 in pink and wanted to go with the pro but I hate the colors so much I’m getting a pink 15 instead. Anyone else feel the same why?

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Nope. This year I actually had trouble deciding between Black (loved the stealthy look introduced with 14P’s Space Black), Natural Titanium (matches my titanium Apple Watch) or Blue Titanium (pleasant throwback to iPhone 12 Pro Pacific Blue and Midnight MacBook Air)

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Yes, I think Apple just wants to emphasize the new material, the names are very simplistic this year as well. Instead of something striking like Gold, Pacific Blue or Midnight Green, "Blue Titanium" is as adventurous as it gets.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I went with the natural pro max but I’m a little jealous of my partner who’s getting a pink 15. My favorite is the green. I’m slapping a guava silicone case on mine though anyway so it doesn’t particularly matter and I’m obsessed with that guava color.

Reactions: headlessmike

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I dislike all the non Pro colors, except black. They remind me of colored highlight markers.

I think the Pro colors are better this time around. The Natural, Blue, and White colors looks good.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Nope. This year I actually had trouble deciding between Black (loved the stealthy look introduced with 14P’s Space Black), Natural Titanium (matches my titanium Apple Watch) or Blue Titanium (pleasant throwback to iPhone 12 Pro Pacific Blue and Midnight MacBook Air)

Yeah. I liked all the options. Lack was appealing. But I was torn between white and natural. Went natural since it’s novel. But they all looked good.

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
I like all of them. The black looks nicer than last year, the white looks sharp like last year, and the natural is the one I’m getting (because I still have a white 14PM).

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Titanium is more difficult to color than steel. And I think pastel colors are considered more trendy now anyways.

Reactions: headlessmike

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
I can’t stand any of the color options for the new 15 pro models, they all so dull and similar to each other. The regular 15 line up colors are gorgeous though especially the pink and yellow colors!

I have a 13 in pink and wanted to go with the pro but I hate the colors so much I’m getting a pink 15 instead. Anyone else feel the same why?
Personally I only want something gray, so colors do not matter to me. But it certainly seems that this year's color choices are more limited. I wonder whether inventory management is the main issue or issues around colorizing the titanium alloy come into play.

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
Color of the Pro series means nothing to me. If I get a 15 Pro Max this year the first thing is I could care less about the color as I will be slapping on a Otterbox Defender case and then the only time I see the phone naked is when I give it a bath.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
May 28, 2023
Personal preference I guess. I feel the same way. Like the 15 colors way more that’s why I got myself the pink 15+
But same with iPads. Pro line looks so unbelievable boring. Air and 10 now have the best color options imo

tcatsninfan

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2022
I think the Pro lineup is decent, but the regular line is absolutely lacking. No Product Red, no silver. Just...black and 4 pastel options. I could understand having one or two pastel shades, but to offer 4 of them and have them be 80% of the lineup is just depressing. In terms of variety/choice, it isn't an exaggeration to say that this is one of the worst, if not THE worst, color lineup they've ever had.

Here's hoping next year will be better.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I did not like the Pro color choices this year. I do like the non pro colors. I did not want to upgrade to a non pro, so I had no choice but to pick a color for the Pro Max. I was undecided between Blue Titanium and White Titanium, and settles on Blue Titanium.

Reactions: koigirl

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
May 28, 2023
I think the Pro lineup is decent, but the regular line is absolutely lacking. No Product Red, no silver. Just...black and 4 pastel options. I could understand having one or two pastel shades, but to offer 4 of them and have them be 80% of the lineup is just depressing. In terms of variety/choice, it isn't an exaggeration to say that this is one of the worst, if not THE worst, color lineup they've ever had.

Here's hoping next year will be better.

Interesting, I see it the other way. All Pro colors look absolutely boring to me and as you said depressing. 15 is way more vibrant. But maybe its really a bit of a female thing to like the 15 colors more.

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
I think they are great but do wish they offered the colours on the pro models.. my wife would love the pink as an example and I imagine women and folks would like diff colours.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

They need to shake things up and add a set of colorful bright Pro phones while keeping the muted palette for old farts.
My understanding of the Pro line is that Apple's intent is to market to business oriented customers. Hence the colors would be muted or there'd be less to choose from.

Lastly, with the exception of @Recon73 who will be using a clear case - does it really matter?

From a non-case user's perspective I don't see why it would. Most people (as has been stated on MacRumors MANY times) are going to slap their phone into a case.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Yip, but it's been the same for as long as I can remember now so they ain't going to change it any time soon. I just don't see the point though - most people will put a case on and who the hell is going to judge someone in a business meeting (do they still even happen in person) based on the colour of their phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.