Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Judging from the pictures, I'd have to agree that the color options on the Pros are particularly dull this year. However, seeing them in person could be very different. Last year, the Space Black pro looked light gray but when I actually saw it in person it came off as much darker. So maybe they won't be so unexciting in person.

I don't agree with the idea that a "Pro" phone needs to be dull.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I prefer the pro colors. they look premium and pro.... While the 15 phones look like fisher price toy phones. That's just my personal opinion though.

Reactions: Recon73 and dz5b609

LiemTa

Suspended
Jun 2, 2014
They do it on purpose to get you to yourself to the 16 Pro. Look at the black color going from the 5 to the 5s. Probably the most obvious case of making a dogsht color on purpose.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I’m kind of a plain Jane with my electronics and go for the neutral colors so I’m just fine with the colors. However, our daughter who likes bright, was disappointed.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
To each their own…I believe our gut tells us immediately when we see something pleasing. My gut reaction on seeing the base 15 lineup was ”ooooh, pretty,” but for the Pros it was “oh, no, the colors of a dismal winter day, dark clouds and dirty slush.” I’m one of those dinosaurs who still has white appliances because I hate the look of gray stainless, or the color gray in anything. My AW7 in Starlight is okay but I’m almost certain to get pink AW9. I’m glad Apple has choices for us all.

Last edited:

Lcgiv

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2017
Hangzhou
I think the Pro lineup is decent, but the regular line is absolutely lacking. No Product Red, no silver. Just...black and 4 pastel options. I could understand having one or two pastel shades, but to offer 4 of them and have them be 80% of the lineup is just depressing. In terms of variety/choice, it isn't an exaggeration to say that this is one of the worst, if not THE worst, color lineup they've ever had.

Here's hoping next year will be better.
It is the worst color lineup for non pro phones. It looks like they only added half of the proper amount of dye. Old sticky note collection

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
Interesting, I see it the other way. All Pro colors look absolutely boring to me and as you said depressing. 15 is way more vibrant. But maybe it’s really a bit of a female thing to like the 15 colors more.
Male here that likes colors too. One of the reasons I was so exited about my iPhone 11 was that it came in purple! 😋

• Love
Reactions: Yuuuki

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2017
Nope. This year I actually had trouble deciding between Black (loved the stealthy look introduced with 14P’s Space Black), Natural Titanium (matches my titanium Apple Watch) or Blue Titanium (pleasant throwback to iPhone 12 Pro Pacific Blue and Midnight MacBook Air)
be aware that the titanium black is actually lighter than last years

eldo33

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
YUP.. the Pro have boring colors and even the reg 15 colors are so washed out. Why can't they put some nice color on it.

Reactions: tcatsninfan

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
always have been

This! There have been many years where I've wished that I could have a color from the regular model on my pro. The idea that only very-serious-business-types-that-hate-strong-colors are buying pros is laughable.

FHoff

Suspended
Mar 21, 2020
Pro colors I don’t find them boring.
I think they are classic classy and PROfessional yes.

powerbook911

macrumors 601
Mar 15, 2005
I didn't feel that way this year, but I've felt that in the past.

The 12's dark blue and 13 red were gorgeous. I also liked the purple 12 and 13 green mid year updates.

I'm an odd-ball, but I'm going to miss the shiny stainless steel. I thought it felt great. Maybe the titanium will surprise me on Friday.

Sami13496

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2022
I actually dislike the pastel colors of regular iPhone 15. Reminds me of iPhone 5C. I don’t say this because I’m getting the Pro model, I’m not. In fact I’m not getting any iPhone 15 model (this year). But if I had to choose regular iPhone 15 I would go with black.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Find the colors boring. Like bright colors so it can easily be found when misplaced.

sack_peak

Suspended
Sep 3, 2023
Find the colors boring. Like bright colors so it can easily be found when misplaced.
I bought cases like these for that purpose.

120598dcd33e1e02987f2b2fb3a97a05

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
Pro line-up are usually muted colors. The pastels on the non-Pro models are pretty muted as well. Both have the frosted glass backs. Provably for cost savings with internals being the more differentiating factor.

jerryz99

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
The 15 colors look as if they are all sun faded and the Pro colors are just dark and dingy, so I took the white.
Just another reason for a case.

powerbook911

macrumors 601
Mar 15, 2005
The 15 colors look as if they are all sun faded and the Pro colors are just dark and dingy, so I took the white.
Just another reason for a case.

I watched some YouTube videos today that the embargo lifted and the non-Pros look almost white. Very interesting color choices this year. I bet in person they look better.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I watched some YouTube videos today that the embargo lifted and the non-Pros look almost white. Very interesting color choices this year. I bet in person they look better.
Yeah, I think it was MKBHD that I watched this morning, the blue one looked pure white with a light blue camera zone. I knew it was blue and I even tried to see it but I just couldn’t.

My partner is getting the pink 15 and she loved all shades of pink and agreed that’s the one she wanted (I asked if she wanted a pink phone and she got excited). We’ll see how she likes it on Friday but I think it’ll look rad with a clear case 💕

At first I wanted blue pro max but changed my mind to natural. I’m glad I did because even though I use a case I still want a phone that looks good naked and the blue pros I’m seeing in videos just look ugh after a while.

Reactions: powerbook911
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.