Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adam1988

macrumors regular
Original poster
i have an iphone 5s ipad mini and an ipod touch 5th gen and my BATTERY DRAINS badly so i am looking for another alternative to actually get it working...
So if there is a new update for iOS 7.1 higher patching bugs from DRAINING BATTERY please notify me or a METHOD of going back to RESTORING IT TO 7.0.4
at least...

please i tried got some IPSWs COMPATIBLE ONES WITH MY 5s but theres no Function at the end... it just gives me an error code...
Please anyone...

IT will be vastly appreciated...

Thank you!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
i have an iphone 5s ipad mini and an ipod touch 5th gen and my BATTERY DRAINS badly so i am looking for another alternative to actually get it working...
So if there is a new update for iOS 7.1 higher patching bugs from DRAINING BATTERY please notify me or a METHOD of going back to RESTORING IT TO 7.0.4
at least...

please i tried got some IPSWs COMPATIBLE ONES WITH MY 5s but theres no Function at the end... it just gives me an error code...
Please anyone...

IT will be vastly appreciated...

Thank you!

For BEST battery life, restore your devices, choose "Set up as New" and do not restore to backup. That gives a pristine, out of the box type firmware setup.

Then you can use the tabs in iCloud or iTunes to restore your content.

rocat1997

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
Fort Worth
I did a restore as new and my battery life is awful. I have to charge my phone at least 2 times sometimes 3 a day. Just texting mostly. Plus iOS 7.1 is full of bugs.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I did a restore as new and my battery life is awful. I have to charge my phone at least 2 times sometimes 3 a day. Just texting mostly. Plus iOS 7.1 is full of bugs.
Something isn't right with your setup in some way as it's certainly not an issue for most people, at least nowhere to that degree.

As for full of bugs, like what kind of bugs?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
iOS 5.1.1 took a month to come out after iOS 5.1 and was the last version before iOS 6 in September.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin

That can't be true for an iPhone 5s.. So get it replaced in an Apple Store. And to say iOS 7.1 is full of bugs isn't true either..

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd say the wait may be a bit long, apple doesn't seem to push out iOS updates very quickly. The only time they do is to close a security vulnerability

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Plus iOS 7.1 is full of bugs.

Full of bugs? I would check your hardware's if I was you. I have iP 5S on iOS 7.1 and have not yet experienced a single bug!! That still doesn't mean you are not having issues but it's a bit strange since iOS 7.1 seem to have fixed many bugs for lots of users.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida

Its your system, not everyones ..

Something isn't right with your setup in some way as it's certainly not an issue for most people, at least nowhere to that degree.

As for full of bugs, like what kind of bugs?

Agree.

My 7.1 iOS is doing just fine. I have gone between 2 days to over 6 days on battery before a recharge. I text some, some calls, a couple of speed testing. Its not iOS 7.1 but something else.

Attachments

• 6-14hrs copy.PNG
    6-14hrs copy.PNG
    87.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    86.9 KB · Views: 188

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
at least...

The battery life on my iPhone 5s and iPad mini actually improved when moving from iOS 7.0.6 to 7.1. I did a restore and set up as new on both devices.

And, as others have said, apple is no longer signing 7.0.x so there is no way to roll back.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
Its your system, not everyones ..

Agree.

My 7.1 iOS is doing just fine. I have gone between 2 days to over 6 days on battery before a recharge. I text some, some calls, a couple of speed testing. Its not iOS 7.1 but something else.

The phone must have been sitting there on WiFi with next to no actual usage by you to get that sort of battery life.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
I hope so. I hear a notification come in but it is nowhere to be found. Sometimes it son my iPhone but not on either of the iPads. The screen lights up but that is it.

I haven't had that happen.

I've noticed if I get a text while locked it shows up on the screen & in N.C. When I unlock the phone it's gone when I pull down N.C.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Am I really the only one that's suffering HORRIFIC lag using notification center AND control center in the lock screen? It's terrible, I noticed this new bug on Beta 3 of 7.1 (not there before 7.1) and I'm absolutely surprised it made it onto the public release. The only solution for a lag-free experience is to opt for "Reduce Transperency" under Increase Contrast in the Accessibility options. Kinda disappointed Apple overlooked such an obvious bug... Again it produces lag in the lock screen and I'm on a Black iPhone 5.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Also, how long does it take for "Next Destination" to actually work? The one and only time it ever worked for me was in the beta process of iOS 7 last summer... Since then I've yet to get any "Next Destination" notifications and I have ALL my system location services on including "Frequent Locations"... Don't know if it's an OS problem cause I also can't get the Google Now app to remember "new locations"... I remember when I had my Galaxy Nexus and the Now app installed on that it didn't take long at all to remember my frequent locations.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
3 months until iOS 8 is announced. Something tells me there will not be a 7.1.1.
Why not? Seems like there's more likelihood that there would be some sort of bug fixes or security fixes or something else before iOS 8 is released that would warrant for at least one x.y.z type of release. It's certainly possible there might not be one, but given all that timing, past history of almost any x.y update, and that there are certainly things that can still be fixed, it seems at least somewhat likely that there would be some update released before iOS 8 is actually released in about half a year or so.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Why not? Seems like there's more likelihood that there would be some sort of bug fixes or security fixes or something else before iOS 8 is released that would warrant for at least one x.y.z type of release. It's certainly possible there might not be one, but given all that timing, past history of almost any x.y update, and that there are certainly things that can still be fixed, it seems at least somewhat likely that there would be some update released before iOS 8 is actually released in about half a year or so.

iOS 6.1.4 was released May 2, 2013.

The following month at WWDC iOS 7 was announced and we no longer saw any more updates to iOS 6 as far as the iPhone goes.

iOS 7.1 was released March 10, 2014.

IF there is going to be a a 7.1.1 release Apple has 2 months to get it out the door based on last years trends. I just don't see them announcing iOS 8 and then seeing a 7.1.1 release taking some of the spotlight away from the announcement.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
iOS 6.1.4 was released May 2, 2013.

The following month at WWDC iOS 7 was announced and we no longer saw any more updates to iOS 6 as far as the iPhone goes.

iOS 7.1 was released March 10, 2014.

IF there is going to be a a 7.1.1 release Apple has 2 months to get it out the door based on last years trends. I just don't see them announcing iOS 8 and then seeing a 7.1.1 release taking some of the spotlight away from the announcement.

Surely it depends on whether there is something that currently needs fixing, and not the release dates they had last year?

In my opinion at least, there are several things in iOS7.1 which need addressing. We waited six months for a semi-fix and I sincerely hope that we won't have to wait for iOS8 now. If that's the case, then iOS7 has been a turkey.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Surely it depends on whether there is something that currently needs fixing, and not the release dates they had last year?

In my opinion at least, there are several things in iOS7.1 which need addressing. We waited six months for a semi-fix and I sincerely hope that we won't have to wait for iOS8 now. If that's the case, then iOS7 has been a turkey.
Of course, that wasn't really the implication of that historical statement, just support as to it being somewhat more likely that there's usually something that still needs to be fixed after a x.y (or in particular x.1) release vs. there not really being anything that would need fixing, especially when factoring in a period of about half a year or so.

Even in the half a year that we've waited for a 7.1 update there were 6 7.0.x updates.

Hopefully we won't have to wait for too long for iOS 8, but given the cycle for major version updates so far, it would be somewhat unlikely to expect it before sometime in September or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.