Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Of course, that wasn't really the implication of that historical statement, just support as to it being somewhat more likely that there's usually something that still needs to be fixed after a x.y (or in particular x.1) release vs. there not really being anything that would need fixing, especially when factoring in a period of about half a year or so.

Even in the half a year that we've waited for a 7.1 update there were 6 7.0.x updates.

Hopefully we won't have to wait for too long for iOS 8, but given the cycle for major version updates so far, it would be somewhat unlikely to expect it before sometime in September or so.

iOS8 will come with the iPhone 6 at the earliest I would have thought. We definitely need another couple of iOS7 updates before then, I would say one but with Apple's history of failing to sort things out at the first time of asking...I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Only thing I am waiting for is a wallpaper fix. It has been talked about to death on here so I won't go into much detail.

Last edited:

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Perhaps monday? I just thought about it and Apple had to change the App Store purchase flow until the end of march or I am missing something..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS 7.1.1 is coming soon.
Not really sure we can say that, but it's likely coming at some point, before iOS 8 is released.

----------

Perhaps monday? I just thought about it and Apple had to change the App Store purchase flow until the end of march or I am missing something..
They already dealt with the requirements relating to that whole in-app purchases thing:
https://www.macrumors.com/2014/03/12/ios-7-1-in-app-purchase-warning/
https://www.macrumors.com/2014/03/24/itunes-refund-email/

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
iOS 7.1 has been good for me.

The only bug I've noticed is on occasion when I'm on the phone with someone I can hear when THEY get a call waiting beep. It sounds like I'm getting one I'll generally say "I'm getting a call" or "who's calling?". The person I'm talking too will generally say "how did you know I was getting a call" after I look and see no one is calling me.

Don't know if it's an iOS issue or something to do with verizon in my area. Only started after 7.1 though.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS 7.1.1 will be released to developers soon. That's all I'm saying.
And there's really no verifiable or even trustworthy source to point to that. (Not to mention that I don't recall x.y.z. bug-fix updates really go through releases to developers and a developer beta process.)

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
To be honest I think there won't be any more iOS updates. We're in April, we got 2 months till iOS 8 so probably they'll just focus on the bug fixes in iOS 8. It (iOS 8) will probably be similar to iOS 6. More bug fixes and patches and stability rather than a whole new list of updates.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
To be honest I think there won't be any more iOS updates. We're in April, we got 2 months till iOS 8 so probably they'll just focus on the bug fixes in iOS 8. It (iOS 8) will probably be similar to iOS 6. More bug fixes and patches and stability rather than a whole new list of updates.
There are certainly more than 2 months until iOS 8 is actually released.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
And there's really no verifiable or even trustworthy source to point to that. (Not to mention that I don't recall x.y.z. bug-fix updates really go through releases to developers and a developer beta process.)

It's coming soon :)

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
i have an iphone 5s ipad mini and an ipod touch 5th gen and my BATTERY DRAINS badly so i am looking for another alternative to actually get it working...
So if there is a new update for iOS 7.1 higher patching bugs from DRAINING BATTERY please notify me or a METHOD of going back to RESTORING IT TO 7.0.4
at least...

please i tried got some IPSWs COMPATIBLE ONES WITH MY 5s but theres no Function at the end... it just gives me an error code...
Please anyone...

IT will be vastly appreciated...

Thank you!

Just confirm what apps you've given background permissions. Otherwise I'd take it back to apple for a replacement. Def sounds not normal.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yep, just wait. Not long.
Everyone can certainly think what they want of course. But, as usual, it'll be here if/when Apple releases it. Nothing to really indicate anything one way or another so far.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Everyone can certainly think what they want of course. But, as usual, it'll be here if/when Apple releases it. Nothing to really indicate anything one way or another so far.

I have my sources, which I can't give away, surprise, surprise. Obviously you don't believe me but I know, and that's all that matters.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have my sources, which I can't give away, surprise, surprise. Obviously you don't believe me but I know, and that's all that matters.
Something like some random Twitter account like http://twitter.com/SupportIOS is hardly a source, and it's hardly believable that they have a source either (they even seem to be under an odd impression that a x.1.1 bug-fix release would go through a developer beta period)--you yourself seem to agree with all of that, yet seem to be saying pretty much the opposite here.

But, again, it's all good, everyone has their opinions/guesses/hopes. Nothing really official/trustworthy out there so far to give any of it any real meaning though.

Also, a 7.1.1 update might very well be out within the next month or so, but that in itself won't really bring any credibility to much of the guesses, as simply as far as pure guessing goes, without any need for any sources or anything at all, at this point many would find that it's more plausible to say that an update would be out sometime in the near future rather than farther away in the future (or not at all).

penplotter

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
i have an iphone 5s ipad mini and an ipod touch 5th gen and my BATTERY DRAINS badly so i am looking for another alternative to actually get it working...
So if there is a new update for iOS 7.1 higher patching bugs from DRAINING BATTERY please notify me or a METHOD of going back to RESTORING IT TO 7.0.4
at least...

please i tried got some IPSWs COMPATIBLE ONES WITH MY 5s but theres no Function at the end... it just gives me an error code...
Please anyone...

Thank you!

I can tell you categorically when the next update will be; it will be precisely one hour after one hour before the update was released.

You're welcome.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Also, how long does it take for "Next Destination" to actually work? The one and only time it ever worked for me was in the beta process of iOS 7 last summer... Since then I've yet to get any "Next Destination" notifications and I have ALL my system location services on including "Frequent Locations"... Don't know if it's an OS problem cause I also can't get the Google Now app to remember "new locations"... I remember when I had my Galaxy Nexus and the Now app installed on that it didn't take long at all to remember my frequent locations.

Hello

It takes a week or two of learning your common movements before it suggests how long it will take to go to your destination (for example work in the morning)

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
at least...

Please anyone...

Thank you!
There is no battery drain bug in iOS 7.1 so you are waiting for something that won't happen ...

Since the problem happens on both your iPad and iPhone, it is related to your software configuration (or an app).

Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013

It's not April. :confused:

K123456

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2014
same issue here battery drain like hell
i restored my iphone 5s like 10 times on different workstation and all of them from DFU mood without even my contacts or any back up, set it as a new phone and this is what the best am getting
is anyone know any solution coz it seem am going crazy :mad:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.