Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
It only takes a few people that don't have a battery issue to show it's not entirely iOS 7.1. Because if it was then everyone would be experiencing the issue.

I don't have any of the latest iDevice tech but 7.1 on older hardware is fine as far as battery goes. And stability too.

Wouldn't 7.1.1 go beta first? Has Apple ever released an update without being dev tested? Seems strange too me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It only takes a few people that don't have a battery issue to show it's not entirely iOS 7.1. Because if it was then everyone would be experiencing the issue.

I don't have any of the latest iDevice tech but 7.1 on older hardware is fine as far as battery goes. And stability too.

Wouldn't 7.1.1 go beta first? Has Apple ever released an update without being dev tested? Seems strange too me.
Pretty much any bug-fix update in the form of x.y.z just comes out directly before going to developers. Has there been one that actually went through developer beta before? Not even all of the x.y minor updates go through a developer beta either.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Pretty much any bug-fix update in the form of x.y.z just comes out directly before going to developers. Has there been one that actually went through developer beta before? Not even all of the x.y minor updates go through a developer beta either.

I assume that's true. I've just never been surprised on any release of iOS since iOS 4 (when I got it) and I always have updated on release day. So I figured it must have been because it was being beta tested by users thus introducing a lot of leaks.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
same issue here battery drain like hell
i restored my iphone 5s like 10 times on different workstation and all of them from DFU mood without even my contacts or any back up, set it as a new phone and this is what the best am getting
is anyone know any solution coz it seem am going crazy :mad:

Did you take it to an Apple store in order to have it checked ?

----------

I have the latest iDevices and no problem at all with iOS 7.1, so it's not iOS itself.
Maybe it's a combination of software/settings on affected units.
Maybe just defective batteries ....

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I did a restore as new and my battery life is awful. I have to charge my phone at least 2 times sometimes 3 a day. Just texting mostly. Plus iOS 7.1 is full of bugs.

Ha, that was funny to read. iOS 7.1 is NOT full of bugs. For me, it's one of Apple's best updates. Do another restore. It's really weird how it varies per device but on my 5s, it's really that good.

monarchy

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2010
Soooo many things are going wrong on my phone now that I've update to 7.1.
I can't even access my app store and when I can it won't download any apps. This is really frustrating me.

What the hell were they thinking with this one??

Oh and the stupid call screen now. :mad:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Soooo many things are going wrong on my phone now that I've update to 7.1.
I can't even access my app store and when I can it won't download any apps. This is really frustrating me.

What the hell were they thinking with this one??

Oh and the stupid call screen now. :mad:
Most aren't experiencing those issues or any significant/moderate issues in general.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure all these threads really needed to be bumped..
Between people who weren't sure if there would be update (and even those who basically said there likely won't be one), and those who have been hoping for one or even expecting one, it seemed like a worthy comment to make given the new information (especially given that some people might not even regularly check the forums or the site and often can go by thread subscription notifications or something of that nature).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.