Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

=E=

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2013
.se
This thread made me LOL, but then I got to thinking .. man people are slow.

So for the slow people.. here is a heads up!

It cannot be done!

you are welcome. :)

omg.!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Even if you tell them 100 times they won't take no for an answer.
That's because it's not what they want to hear. The question is repeated over and over until they get the answer they want. Since they will never get the answer they want, it's an endless cycle.

In the end they will blame everyone else for their own faults.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If you ever bothered reading a little you'd know that someone elses blobs CANNOT be used in order to downgrade your phone. Its been posted many many times in this thread and this forum and everywhere online.
Research a little and don't selectively just read what you want to hear or what you hope to hear.

Mostafa101

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014
If you ever bothered reading a little you'd know that someone elses blobs CANNOT be used in order to downgrade your phone. Its been posted many many times in this thread and this forum and everywhere online.
Research a little and don't selectively just read what you want to hear or what you hope to hear.

Thanks fot your time

andyted83

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2014
hi im new here. i upgraded my iphone 4 gsm to ios 7, but i do not know that the shsh bloob have to be saved first. i need to downgrade to ios 6, please send me the shsh bloob for iphone 4 ios 6.1.3, or 6.1.2.. thanks a lot guys.

my email: linus.nd@gmail.com

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
WOW :eek:
Read just a couple post of this thread on this page and you will get your answer

For us OLDer folks, this is our future, Glad I will not be around for it ...;)

hi im new here. i upgraded my iphone 4 gsm to ios 7, but i do not know that the shsh bloob have to be saved first. i need to downgrade to ios 6, please send me the shsh bloob for iphone 4 ios 6.1.3, or 6.1.2.. thanks a lot guys.

my email: linus.nd@gmail.com

Edit, If you don't have the shsh blobs, and if you purchased the phone used.
Just maybe someone prior to you save GOOD blobs with a good ticket and uploaded them to cydia. If not. You are stuck.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Try Ifaith.
Not sure if it has been updated yet for 6.1.4 but it should pull your current blobs and upload them on their server and save a local copy too.

Tonight I had to restore my IP4 on iOS 6.1, the person who previous had it tried to unlock it with SAM and messed it up, couldn't get service on it even with the correct SIM card. I told him it's not possible after Apple patched that method up.

I totally forgot that iFaith was able to pull the blobs from Cydia or from the device, stitch it into a custom IPSW and restore to stock with iTunes 10 for any A4 CPU. Two years ago, I was trying to downgrade a IP4S and iFaith didn't support the A5, only the A4.

Major thanks Applejuice for this post and reminded me about it.

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Tonight I had to restore my IP4 on iOS 6.1, the person who previous had it tried to unlock it with SAM and messed it up, couldn't get service on it even with the correct SIM card. I told him it's not possible after Apple patched that method up.

I totally forgot that iFaith was able to pull the blobs from Cydia or from the device, stitch it into a custom IPSW and restore to stock with iTunes 10 for any A4 CPU. Two years ago, I was trying to downgrade a IP4S and iFaith didn't support the A5, only the A4.

Major thanks Applejuice for this post and reminded me about it.

Hey you're welcome.
Good thing you searched and found this post from March :)

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
It's too bad this custom IPSW is sketchy for Simplified Chinese, once you change the language settings it's crashes everywhere.

Hopefully my mom can navigate it in english

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.