Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
This should be the fringe situation, women being both in dire situation, having children to take for, no laws to protect her (remember the alimonies, child support and such) and in an abusive relationship. Yet we always see the man depicted as an abuser, never the women, and we ONLY blame the man.

Problem is feminism is promoting superficiality (of course in an insidious way like all propaganda, it pretends something, twists facts, numbers, rational and logic to sell you something else, and the indirect but large and spread impact turns out to be negative or even the contrary to what it pretends), and lots of women are complaining not just about abuse, but also *******s, bad sex, not being happy when in truth they're most of the time responsible for their bad choices.

Of course there are circonstances, but the fact that your mum left your abusive dad, worked her ass off to still manage to give you a good education and opportunity is the most admirable thing that most women are not and will never do. Because as I said, a relation, the choice of partner, and the choice at some point to leave someone is not about the adults, it's about the kids. Most women don't even take this responsibility, way more mums are abusive with their kids then dad, and yet there's a complete inequality in the law.

So as much as we can't brush all people the same, we can and we should absolutely blame how medias are promoting this situation, and how many women are creating it for themselves in varying degrees. I don't believe for one second that these women who say they were abused by Dre went out with him because he was nice, cool, loving, intelligent etc...they went out with him because he was starting to be famous, was a "bad boy" and an *******: they deserved every abuses that came their way, and still they didn't left.

Wow what a wonderfully acute and lyrical rendering of facts!

Couldn't have put it better myself....

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
I think this conversation proves that titles do not streamline the process of presenting credentials at all, because they have no context and thus no way to verify them.

Credentials need context. A resume. A bio on a publication or presentation. A business listing. Whatever. There is a difference between meeting a random person who insists on being called "doctor" and seeing a guy listed as a doctor on a hospital website, or seeing a guy give a presentation on a healthcare topic where he is listed in the program as a doctor. A title alone only lets me know what the person in front of me wants to be called, not his credentials.

Also, you know the saying? What do you call a guy who was last in his class in med school? Doctor.

Again, you can have pride in your accomplishments, celebrate them, hang them on your wall, whatever. But titles are a pointless anachronism.

You know what a valedictorian is good at? School. It doesn't matter how many times it takes to show you know something. It only matters if you show it. That's why last in the class is still a doctor.

I'm not saying we should call Dre a doctor. I'm saying we should call doctors doctors.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
This should be the fringe situation, women being both in dire situation, having children to take for, no laws to protect her (remember the alimonies, child support and such) and in an abusive relationship. Yet we always see the man depicted as an abuser, never the women, and we ONLY blame the man.

Problem is feminism is promoting superficiality (of course in an insidious way like all propaganda, it pretends something, twists facts, numbers, rational and logic to sell you something else, and the indirect but large and spread impact turns out to be negative or even the contrary to what it pretends), and lots of women are complaining not just about abuse, but also *******s, bad sex, not being happy when in truth they're most of the time responsible for their bad choices.

Of course there are circonstances, but the fact that your mum left your abusive dad, worked her ass off to still manage to give you a good education and opportunity is the most admirable thing that most women are not and will never do. Because as I said, a relation, the choice of partner, and the choice at some point to leave someone is not about the adults, it's about the kids. Most women don't even take this responsibility, way more mums are abusive with their kids then dad, and yet there's a complete inequality in the law.

So as much as we can't brush all people the same, we can and we should absolutely blame how medias are promoting this situation, and how many women are creating it for themselves in varying degrees. I don't believe for one second that these women who say they were abused by Dre went out with him because he was nice, cool, loving, intelligent etc...they went out with him because he was starting to be famous, was a "bad boy" and an *******: they deserved every abuses that came their way, and still they didn't left.
SOrry. A person physically beating another person is the one at fault. I don't care whether the woman wants a " bad boy". You deside whether you want to bust a woman's skull in. Unless she is physically vielent, the man is in the wrong. Always. There is no discussion here. Has nthing to do with feminsim. Same goes if a woman is beating a man (although this is much less frequent).

Reactions: ErikGrim

Edgar Spayce

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
SOrry. A person physically beating another person is the one at fault. I don't care whether the woman wants a " bad boy". You deside whether you want to bust a woman's skull in. Unless she is physically vielent, the man is in the wrong. Always. There is no discussion here. Has nthing to do with feminsim. Same goes if a woman is beating a man (although this is much less frequent).

You get what you ask for. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying I have no sympathy, and if chose a man for the wrong reason like many women do making this world a ****** place where all men are forced to go bad to not end up alone, then yes she DESERVES it to some extent.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
You get what you ask for. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying I have no sympathy, and if chose a man for the wrong reason like many women do making this world a ****** place where all men are forced to go bad to not end up alone, then yes she DESERVES it to some extent.
Your opinion has been noted. Thank you.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Wow I didnt realize this guy controls what is right and wrong ^ and decides who's opinions are correct and incorrect...

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010

So you're basically an apologist for people who feel its ok to beat Women?

Stay classy eh?

Reactions: Grey Beard

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
I say this with all the sincerity in the world: you would benefit from the assistance of a therapist. No woman DESERVES to be beaten by her boyfriend or husband because she is simply with them. Perhaps you were beaten, and you feel you deserved it. You didn't. Perhaps you weren't beaten, and the idea of other people being beaten confuses you. If that's the case, they can teach you about what it's like and hopefully you're opinion will evolve over time. In any case, it would help to talk your issues out.

Reactions: ErikGrim and rdowns

Edgar Spayce

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
I say this with all the sincerity in the world: you would benefit from the assistance of a therapist. No woman DESERVES to be beaten by her boyfriend or husband because she is simply with them. Perhaps you were beaten, and you feel you deserved it. You didn't. Perhaps you weren't beaten, and the idea of other people being beaten confuses you. If that's the case, they can teach you about what it's like and hopefully you're opinion will evolve over time. In any case, it would help to talk your issues out.

I'm not seing EVERYBODY deserve to be beaten. I'm saying people who get beaten because THEY CHOSE the wrong person, when we know the underlaying criteria with which most women chose men, and when THEY chose to stay with them, then THEY'RE responsible for their choice and what happens to them.

The same way German and French people deserved the misery and decade of living on a ruin because THEY chose to vote or collaborate (is that more clear?)

I have NO sympathy for women because I treat them as equal being with shared rights AND responsibilities. The more hypocritical we remain, the worse it'll get for women.

Renzatic

Suspended
I'm not seing EVERYBODY deserve to be beaten. I'm saying people who get beaten because THEY CHOSE the wrong person, when we know the underlaying criteria with which most women chose men, and when THEY chose to stay with them, then THEY'RE responsible for their choice and what happens to them.

That's a gross simplification of a complicated topic if there ever was one. Yeah, we like to think that it's just a direct "if you get punched, you should leave" type affair. But you're ignoring the psychological, financial, and other aspects that usually play a role in keeping an abused person with their abuser.

It's not nearly so cut and dry.

Reactions: ErikGrim

Edgar Spayce

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
That's a gross simplification of a complicated topic if there ever was one. Yeah, we like to think that it's just a direct "if you get punched, you should leave" type affair. But you're ignoring the psychological, financial, and other aspects that usually play a role in keeping an abused person with their abuser.

No pity for that. Dre is the perfect illustration: nobody believes for one second, that they went out with him because he was nice, intelligent, loving, funny, passionate. Or because he had good values, took responsibilities and would make a good dad. They went out with because he was at the rise of fame, he clearly advertised himself as a "bad boy" etc...

I have NO PITY for these women, and I'm not stupid like a growing majority of people to think through medias and their feminist propaganda ******** that want to give more right and privileges to women and yet discharge them of ALL their responsibilities while putting all the blame on men.

If your with a man who beats you, unless he kidnap or raped you, YOU chose to be with him instead of any other valuable men, YOU chose to stay with him, then YOU take your responsibility for it.

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
No pity for that. Dre is the perfect illustration: nobody believes for one second, that they went out with him because he was nice, intelligent, loving, funny, passionate. Or because he had good values, took responsibilities and would make a good dad. They went out with because he was at the rise of fame, he clearly advertised himself as a "bad boy" etc...I have NO PITY for these women, and I'm not stupid like a growing majority of people to think through medias and their feminist propaganda ******** that want to give more right and privileges to women and yet discharge them of ALL their responsibilities while putting all the blame on men.If your with a man who beats you, unless he kidnap or raped you, YOU chose to be with him instead of any other valuable men, YOU chose to stay with him, then YOU take your responsibility for it.
I just wish I knew why you thought like that. What happpened to you, or, is this just an old-fashioned case of sociopathy?

Reactions: Avalontor

Andrei90

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
This isn't because he's famous. It's because he's black. If he was a white guy who molested young girls like Duggar, the same people on this site would be breaking their necks to justify why the man shouldn't be judged by others.
Na, I don't believe that. This is because people like to look down on other too feel superior.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010

Yeah it is complicated, but its even more complicated than you think it is.

It goes even beyond where you think it ends.

Did you know there are primates in the wild who run into nests of females when the fathers are away hunting, crush the skulls of the babies to prove they are stronger than the fathers, and then the mothers will leave their original mates for the new ones because they have proven to them the old mates can't protect their children.

Those survival genetics exist in homo sapiens even today.

So i don't understand why people continue to defend women like they are innocent...

Just because women look innocent doesnt mean they are anything other than parasites.

A cuckold calling a person with normal testosterone levels a "sociopath" is hilarious.

Reactions: Edgar Spayce

aront

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
Having someone like you blabber on about "strawmen" is pretty hilarious, considering your inability of describing which behaviour exactly upsets you to the point where you become hostile and believe to see red herrings everywhere...

Of course that is false as well. Again, you compare a true/false situation with a situation that requires personal evaluation, based on your own opions, values etc., but as you seem to be incapable of understanding (or at least admitting) that, the discussion will become extremely tedious and repetitive for you from here on.

I'm sure that it appeared nonsensical to someone like you, but it's irrelevant.

You appear to be extremely paranoid in this matter, why is this?

I did not attempt to silence you at all. I just really can't see too many different outcomes for someone like you in this - so here's Apple, they have hired someone that you find morally despicable. What is your personal consequence in this? Really - what is it?

I'm looking for the racial and derogative slurs that you imply are present in that video. Hint: Randomly blabbering "there is a racial slur" does not mean that there is a racial slur present. So really, just a time stamp does it, or is that too challenging for you?

Ok, so it all ends up with a pathetic "you're being paid"-accusation.

Who is this "We" you are talking about? Do "we" have a multiple personality disorder?

Are you just trolling? I find it hard to believe one is so incapable of comprehending? Are you just playing dumb to try and bait and irritate?

Having someone like you blabber on about "strawmen" is pretty hilarious, considering your inability of describing which behaviour exactly upsets you to the point where you become hostile and believe to see red herrings everywhere...

As to my "inability of describing which behaviour exactly upsets" me? It's in the first post you replied to, genius. Also, you can search my prior posts.

If you jump out of a plane without a parachute, then you will hit the ground and die.
If you smack your CEO in the head with a brick, then you will be fired.
Here's another: If you are an Apple exec. employee and you post a video similar to the one above, then you will likely get fired. Not absolute certain to be the case, but highly likely. Unless, of course, you are black and work for hypocritical Tim Cook.

These are if/then examples (not 100% certainty true/false, as you so dishonestly mis-characterize) that are likely outcomes based on basic common sense. If the above if/then examples require your deep personal evaluation and you have to think real hard, and these examples prove "extremely tedious" for you, then something is wrong, and it's not with me. You're not sure if the examples above will result in the 'then' conclusion? Are you maybe 99% sure, or do you have to be 100% absolute certain? Do very unlikely supernatural possibilities factor in to your tedious "opinions" and "values" derived conclusion? Must be tough for you to have struggle over such mundane if/then scenarios.

why is this?

Yet another comprehension problem you seem to be having. The answer is right there in the quote you replied to. But I'll repeat, because it is very common and seen all the time and is used to drive off and silence critics. It's very unlikely a non-Apple employee would use the "move on to some other company" line. This is something that a rep. would say to eradicate Apple criticism. Wouldn't you agree that would be the goal of a PR dep., to silence public criticism?

I'm looking for the racial and derogative slurs that you imply are present in that video.

The play dumb tactic, again. What are some of the words you hear in the video? Can you list them, please? You won't even and can't even post them. Why don't you make a video of yourself, and make a list of all the words used in the video, and repeat them in your personal video, and we'll send it to your boss and see how that goes. Maybe then you'll understand the problem. Can't hold your hand again, though. Oh, wait. Your boss is TC, so you'll be fine posting such a damaging video.

Who is this "We" you are talking about?

Have another question for you to answer, or, more like, avoid answering: Do you think this site has any Apple PR/marketing employees participating? If so, what do think the percentage is? High number/low number? You will never answer this honestly, and that says a lot. Probably use the, "it doesn't matter what I think" non-answer, again.

Last edited:

aront

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
A major aspect of the "thug life" is the childish, ignorant, arrogant attitude; and childish, juvenile, idiotic, tasteless, classless behavior, and as evidenced in the video I posted, Dre hasn't changed much at all. He still lives and promotes the ignorant thug lifestyle, the only difference is he has the money to keep himself mostly out of trouble with high-priced babysitters, lawyers, and guidance counselors.

He isn't renouncing nor criticizing the detrimental thug behavior and lifestyle, he still encourages and promotes it, because he makes a buck off portraying that image. And it's damaging to his fellow "brothers", but he cares not, which makes him still a parasitic thug.

aront

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
Is anyone else completely creeped out by Bobby Corwen's posts? It's like reading the writings of a real life active serial social deviant.

Reactions: theheadguy

Renzatic

Suspended
cube.jpg

Is anyone else completely creeped out by Bobby Corwen's posts? It's like reading the writings of a real life active serial social deviant.

There is something of an Elliot Rogers quality to him, yeah.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
You know what a valedictorian is good at? School. It doesn't matter how many times it takes to show you know something. It only matters if you show it. That's why last in the class is still a doctor.

I'm not saying we should call Dre a doctor. I'm saying we should call doctors doctors.

How about this, an axiom of logic games. All people who have a doctorate degree are called doctors. But not all doctors have doctorate degrees.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Your boss is TC, so you'll be fine posting such a damaging video.

Since you assume that my replies are being paid by Apple / TC, I suppose that any further discussion is futile/a waste of both of our time since you're not really "discussing" in first place but assuming that you're "fighting some undercover Apple employee" - which is (even for me) a slightly too bizarre point to keep going on from...

(yes, "we" all know - you're right! yay!)

aront

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
Since you assume that my replies are being paid by Apple / TC, I suppose that any further discussion is futile/a waste of both of our time since you're not really "discussing" in first place but assuming that you're "fighting some undercover Apple employee" - which is (even for me) a slightly too bizarre point to keep going on from...

(yes, "we" all know - you're right! yay!)

You will never answer this honestly, and that says a lot.

Running away?

Also, another question for you to avoid answering: What do think of soldered RAM in the Mac Mini, iMac, and select MBPR?

You won't answer this either. You realize you can't say it's a good thing, or it will be obvious what's going on (although, I have had someone (PR) actually defend it by claiming soldered memory improves performance). LOL! And, you know you're not allowed to criticize the soldered RAM practice and/or corporate decisions, so, as predicted, I get the refusal to answer, or the 'it doesn't matter what I think' non-answer. I've actually seen the 'it doesn't matter what I or you think' response quite a few times. Funny and amusing.

And no dishonest, diversionary responses, such as 'not all iMac/MBPR have soldered memory', please. The question is regarding the one's that do, including the Mac Mini. While you're at it, you can answer the previous question as well? Thanks!

Last edited:

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Running away?

Also, another question for you to avoid answering: What do think of soldered RAM in the Mac Mini, iMac, and select MBPR?

You won't answer this either. You realize you can't say it's a good thing, or it will be obvious what's going on (although, I have had someone (PR) actually defend it by claiming soldered memory improves performance). LOL! And, you know you're not allowed to criticize the soldered RAM practice and/or corporate decisions. So, as predicted, I get the refusal to answer, or the 'it doesn't matter what I think' non-answer. I've actually seen the 'it doesn't matter what I or you think' response quite a few times. Funny and amusing.

And no diversionary responses, such as 'not all iMac have soldered memory'. The question is regarding the one's that do. While you're at it, you can answer the previous question as well?

I'm not running away at all, it just doesn't make much sense to talk to someone like you who is not able to discuss on a neutral level, you've already made pretty clear that anything pro-Apple hints towards someone having to be a shill, personally I find that quite delusional and it rules out any further rational (or even emotional) discussion (that also could explain why you've heard "it doesn't matter what you think" a few times before, assuming that you've accused those people in the same way as you've been accusing me), plus the "you are being paid by xyz" really is such a stale cliche...

Anyway... soldered ram? Upgrade unfriendly and that sucks, I don't know why Apple would chose to do so. I'm sorry to say that it doesn't really affect me, I have a MacMini that I don't even know the year of anymore, it's working as a music server, I probably will need to upgrade it sometime, but then I'll just buy a new one, although I feel sorry for everyone who isn't able to replace it that easy. Soldered ram sucks and it's not customer friendly.

iMacs - soldered ram is a shame there, because it does limit the options in the long run, the purchase has to be based on the evaluation of the estimated lifetime of the computer as whole as opposed to "can we upgrade this at some point?", that's where Apple probably again (unfortunately) singles themselves out as "computers for people that don't care about the money".

Since we're at it - I have plently of other issues with Apple. I bought an iPhone 6+, had to replace it after 2 months because the upper left corner was starting to peel off, it made a tacky clicking sound when I pressed the screen in that region. Great, I did get a replacement. After 2 months that phone started crashing like crazy, I took it to the Apple store, the "genius" checked it and said "yep, you have a lot of crashing issues going on", he replaced it with a new one, since a few weeks Safari has been crashing more and more, to the point where it's almost impossbile to visit sites that use Disqus, as that is one of the major factors that crashes the phone, that means my 4th iPhone 6+ is coming up soon. Are Samsung's parts really that bad that it sucks every time? (that was a joke).
My partner has an iPhone 6+ as well, after a few weeks it started to behave weird and all of the sudden the entire screen was shifted to the right by pretty much one icon row, while the GUI itself reacted as if the icons were in the right spot, apparently the "genius"'s had a blast showing that bug around at Apple store , but still, that makes 3 of 3 iPhone 6+ in our household faulty, which is a rate of 100% - pretty rough. They weren't bent though...

Remote App - we use that MacMini as music server, without a screen, I use TeamViewer and Screen Sharing to operate the computer, it's great but the remote app sucks, I cannot make playlists etc., it's a shame that Apple limit the functionality of that Remote App to complete basic interaction like play, stop, bla. Also it freezes everytime the MacMini tries to play a track that has been deleted (an "!" track - happens when I delete duplicates), which is a f**king joke.

Bluetooth/MacBook Pro - my partner has a 15" rMBP - it worked fine with the two thunderbolt displays for a while, now it's a total pain, it keeps losing the bluetooth connection to the mouse and keyboard, it freezes, it's just a mess. Besides the fact that the thunderbolt displays are completely unusable with anything else (blame your hero SJ for that though ;-) ).

The new music app is a joke, I usually end up listening to something completely random just by trying to find my way around that messed up UI.

I've never done any funky stuff with my Macbook Air, it's only a "kitchen laptop", but still, it ended up being a total mess to log on, I had to login twice many times, as it showed something I'd almost call a "ghost login" screen, where I'd login but it wouldn't go to the desktop, just wait for a bit and then show another login screen. That's absolute garbage. It does not "just work".

I've had a bluetooth error on my rMBP where I needed to reset something after looking it up on forums. That doesn't "just work" either.

Back to the soldered ram - I don't necessarily like the idea of my +2K rMBP being non-upgradable in that respect as RAM demand is a constant growth, but its lifecycle shouldn't really be that much worse than that of a comparable non-Apple laptop, considering CPU/RAM etc. - but obviously being able to extend the ram would be the customer friendly option as opposed to the idiotic "you can't do anything here" solution they are going for right now. They need to understand that a MacBook is not an iPad on steroids but a PC/laptop that is a tool for professionals.

And about Dr. Dre - those guys are drunk and they are partying. I haven't heard any words in that video that I haven't heard drunk friends or guys from work say. You're trying hard to find something that is not there and you're being very judgmental of certain attributes of those that you're complaining about.

Reactions: Grey Beard

aront

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
I'm not running away at all, it just doesn't make much sense to talk to someone like you who is not able to discuss on a neutral level, you've already made pretty clear that anything pro-Apple hints towards someone having to be a shill, personally I find that quite delusional and it rules out any further rational (or even emotional) discussion (that also could explain why you've heard "it doesn't matter what you think" a few times before, assuming that you've accused those people in the same way as you've been accusing me), plus the "you are being paid by xyz" really is such a stale cliche...

Anyway... soldered ram? Upgrade unfriendly and that sucks, I don't know why Apple would chose to do so. I'm sorry to say that it doesn't really affect me, I have a MacMini that I don't even know the year of anymore, it's working as a music server, I probably will need to upgrade it sometime, but then I'll just buy a new one, although I feel sorry for everyone who isn't able to replace it that easy. Soldered ram sucks and it's not customer friendly.

iMacs - soldered ram is a shame there, because it does limit the options in the long run, the purchase has to be based on the evaluation of the estimated lifetime of the computer as whole as opposed to "can we upgrade this at some point?", that's where Apple probably again (unfortunately) singles themselves out as "computers for people that don't care about the money".

Since we're at it - I have plently of other issues with Apple. I bought an iPhone 6+, had to replace it after 2 months because the upper left corner was starting to peel off, it made a tacky clicking sound when I pressed the screen in that region. Great, I did get a replacement. After 2 months that phone started crashing like crazy, I took it to the Apple store, the "genius" checked it and said "yep, you have a lot of crashing issues going on", he replaced it with a new one, since a few weeks Safari has been crashing more and more, to the point where it's almost impossbile to visit sites that use Disqus, as that is one of the major factors that crashes the phone, that means my 4th iPhone 6+ is coming up soon. Are Samsung's parts really that bad that it sucks every time? (that was a joke).
My partner has an iPhone 6+ as well, after a few weeks it started to behave weird and all of the sudden the entire screen was shifted to the right by pretty much one icon row, while the GUI itself reacted as if the icons were in the right spot, apparently the "genius"'s had a blast showing that bug around at Apple store , but still, that makes 3 of 3 iPhone 6+ in our household faulty, which is a rate of 100% - pretty rough. They weren't bent though...

Remote App - we use that MacMini as music server, without a screen, I use TeamViewer and Screen Sharing to operate the computer, it's great but the remote app sucks, I cannot make playlists etc., it's a shame that Apple limit the functionality of that Remote App to complete basic interaction like play, stop, bla. Also it freezes everytime the MacMini tries to play a track that has been deleted (an "!" track - happens when I delete duplicates), which is a f**king joke.

Bluetooth/MacBook Pro - my partner has a 15" rMBP - it worked fine with the two thunderbolt displays for a while, now it's a total pain, it keeps losing the bluetooth connection to the mouse and keyboard, it freezes, it's just a mess. Besides the fact that the thunderbolt displays are completely unusable with anything else (blame your hero SJ for that though ;-) ).

The new music app is a joke, I usually end up listening to something completely random just by trying to find my way around that messed up UI.

I've never done any funky stuff with my Macbook Air, it's only a "kitchen laptop", but still, it ended up being a total mess to log on, I had to login twice many times, as it showed something I'd almost call a "ghost login" screen, where I'd login but it wouldn't go to the desktop, just wait for a bit and then show another login screen. That's absolute garbage. It does not "just work".

I've had a bluetooth error on my rMBP where I needed to reset something after looking it up on forums. That doesn't "just work" either.

Back to the soldered ram - I don't necessarily like the idea of my +2K rMBP being non-upgradable in that respect as RAM demand is a constant growth, but its lifecycle shouldn't really be that much worse than that of a comparable non-Apple laptop, considering CPU/RAM etc. - but obviously being able to extend the ram would be the customer friendly option as opposed to the idiotic "you can't do anything here" solution they are going for right now. They need to understand that a MacBook is not an iPad on steroids but a PC/laptop that is a tool for professionals.

And about Dr. Dre - those guys are drunk and they are partying. I haven't heard any words in that video that I haven't heard drunk friends or guys from work say. You're trying hard to find something that is not there and you're being very judgmental of certain attributes of those that you're complaining about.

Here we go again with the Apple PR dishonesty and purposeful misrepresentation. "Anything pro-Apple hints at shill?" Anything"? I said 99% of apologists are PR. There's a difference between pro-Apple unbiased consumer and PR/marketing forum apologists; and, as mentioned, it's rather easy to spot the difference. Most of you guys make it so obvious.

Delusional? You'll notice I covered this before. One of the very common tactics used by the PR rep. is to try and attack the person when things get desperate to get other readers to dismiss the critic. Pretty typical.

that also could explain why you've heard "it doesn't matter what you think" a few times before

Here's another dishonest, purposeful misrepresentation by you. What I said was, I get the 'it doesn't matter what I (PR person) think" response, when I ask certain questions, which the PR rep. is forbidden from answering, because they know they're not allowed to criticize Apple on a forum. Nice way to try to and misrepresent what I said.

plus the "you are being paid by xyz" really is such a stale cliche...

"Stale"? That means it's said often. A lot of people notice too, so must be some truth to it.

Why the big long story with excuses and explanations regarding the soldered RAM issue? Trying to bury your forced Apple critique under long stories and explanations? You realize most readers don't read long, drawn-out posts. And why the "it doesn't affect me" comment, as if that's a reason to dismiss and forgive the soldering issue? Why not just say, there is absolutely nothing good about the decision for soldered RAM and it's nothing more than a greedy, bean-counter move by a bean-counting CEO. That's all you had to say. Direct and to the point.

And why play dumb with the, "I don't know why Apple would chose to do so"? You know why. A greedy, bean-counter CEO move. With this comment, you're trying to introduce mystery, as if there's some possible mysterious good reasons why Tim would do it, that we just don't understand. There's not. So drop the little mysterious soldered RAM justification.

but then I'll just buy a new one, although I feel sorry for everyone who isn't able to replace it that easy.

Nice suggestive marketing & promotion. This is exactly what Apple wants us to do; "just buy a new one." And nice that you show pity on the less fortunate. How elitist of Apple PR.

Your iPhone6 story is nothing but a promotion for the "great" Apple replacement customer service. And you made sure to not put the blame on Apple for the problems, but to blame it on Samsung and Disqus.

Blame Teamviewer.

Blame SJ, etc.

Back to the soldered ram - I don't necessarily like the idea of my +2K rMBP being non-upgradable in that respect as RAM demand is a constant growth, but its lifecycle shouldn't really be that much worse than that of a comparable non-Apple laptop, considering CPU/RAM etc.

Then, you conclude right back into an apologetic excuse and rationalization for the stinkin' soldered RAM, that you earlier pretended to criticize. Unbelievable! You've got to be joking! You "don't necessarily like the idea, but…" LOL! How about "I hate the idea, and…"? No one, other than Apple affiliated PR, would attempt to defend soldered RAM in pro and desktop computers.

And about Dr. Dre

And right back into the heavy apologetics for Apple and Dre while still not answering the actual Dre questions, which I predicted you wouldn't. Here's the question again:

What are some of the words you hear in the video? Can you list them, please? You won't even and can't even post them.

I haven't heard any words in that video that I haven't heard drunk friends or guys from work say.

Yeah, and we already established that it's okay to use those words at your work, being that you and "Dr." Dre have the same boss. So, your friends and co-workers say the "N" word and MF'er and, the ever juvenile, "homie"? How about "fix your face" (definition: a term used to essentially say "go fu** yourself" to a potential adversary)? "Watts/Compton…Right here on the MFing West Coast…" That is gang affiliated territory speak used to intimidate and belittle rival territories (east coast/west coast, Watts/Compton vs. competing territories, etc.). Your friends and co-workers use these same words and have that same ignorant, arrogant, childish, thug attitude when speaking? Even if so, the difference is, that Dre. is supposed to be a "changed man" and should be promoting a positive message to his "brothers," and not encouraging and promoting stupid ignorant behavior that is detrimental to the welfare of those he influences. Furthermore, he is placed in an executive position representing a billion dollar company, unlike your "friends/guys from work, so his idiocy is not acceptable. Unless, of course, Tim likes a negative company image. If you can actually find excuses for what I've stated, no doubt you are affiliated.

And, Dre. wasn't the question I was referring to and I think you know it. The question I was referring to, which you predictably avoided, was this:

Have another question for you to answer, or, more like, avoid answering: Do you think this site has any Apple PR/marketing employees participating? If so, what do think the percentage is? High number/low number? You will never answer this honestly, and that says a lot. Probably use the, "it doesn't matter what I think" non-answer, again.

Just like before, and as I've said before, you'll never answer honestly.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.