Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
Well, the mods explained it why. It was a fluke they are correcting. Nothing more. Right now, what are you going to discuss? Inexistent payment options as the device hasn't been announced? No. Wait until it's released, and it's a sentiment I can get behind by.
The mods missed some of the biggest threads on the biggest annual launch in the Apple calendar, EVERY year? Yeah, I don't think so.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It was a fluke for the last 11 years or so? We are discussing all the rumors/spatulations and reports. Check out iOS 16 threads. It's not even out in public but we have live threads open for those. IOS 16 is not suppose to be out till September.
The last 11 years didn't always see pre-order threads pop-in 3 months in advance; some happened as soon as announced, others a week or so before (actually the day of event announcement was one if I am not mistaken). As per iOS 16, it's out in beta and developers can post on the forum related to it.

The last 11 years didn't see pre-order threads pop-in 3 months in advance. As per iOS 16, it's out in beta and developers can post on the forum related to it.
Yes, they absolutely did. 3 months in advance or so. This is how people got aware of the upcoming iPhones and such. I hope to see you in iPhone Pre order threads this year :)

iOS 16 is out in beta for developers, correct. Why are we having general public chiming in when they don't even have any access to it? should it not be only for developers only. Also, there is one person in-charge of posting Beta's threads. Why is that? It has never been about entitlement.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Yes, they absolutely did. 3 months in advance or so. This is how people got aware of the upcoming iPhones and such.

iOS 16 is out in beta for developers, correct. Why are we having general public chiming in when they don't even have any access to it?
If people have access to iOS 16, it's because they got it thru a developer account. There is a nice developer community here. However that happened it's up to them.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Because of the infighting over who gets to make them. If people can't agree, then take away the mega-thread. After all, that's what being discussed here.

Then make it a Wiki and have the community chime in. Why is it that the thread has to be closed off to the owner?

I'm sorry but you clearly seem to be blindsided by this INCORRECT FACT???!

In the UK - there has NEVER been infighting by anyone on who makes the threads. Stop insinuating that this is the case as its simply not true.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
I'm sorry but you clearly seem to be blindsided by this INCORRECT FACT???!

In the UK - there has NEVER been infighting by anyone on who makes the threads. Stop insinuating that this is the case as its simply not true.
The cause of this thread was disagreements. The UK thread ended up as a casualty. Yes, that's true. Still, the information is not lost. Again, one can copy/paste it.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
The cause of this thread was disagreements. The UK thread ended up as a casualty. Yes, that's true. Still, the information is not lost. Again, one can copy/paste it.

Disagreements - yes. But not as to WHO takes ownership (like you're incorrectly stating again and again) . The disagreements were the name and the reasoning for starting the iPhone 14 thread.

2 massive differences.

Anyway - this conversation is pointless as its going round and round in circles. I don't want to say anything out of turn, so I am done!

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I think we should end this discussion here now. It would be great to get the admin/mods view on how we can go forward.

if the threads in wasteland can be renamed to remove any 'pre-order/ordering' reference or we start a fresh.. either way I am happy to get back on topic.

this will be my last comment in this thread.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
I think we should end this discussion here now. It would be great to get the admin/mods view on how we can go forward.

if the threads in wasteland can be renamed to remove any 'pre-order/ordering' reference or we start a fresh.. either way I am happy to get back on topic.

this will be my last comment in this thread.
Leading by example, as always. JinJin for Prime Minister!!

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Do not tell other users to remove their posts or send private messages to specific volunteers or staff members to try to circumvent moderation by the moderator team.
For me, that this needed to be said by a staff member justifies the current moderation policy and the decision to suppress–and to continue to suppress–the specific threads that started this controversy.

Last edited:

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Not going to keep beating a dead horse after this - it's ALWAYS about who created the biggest thread first. Always been like that. I don't care what anyone posts or says, I know what happened in this instance and I am not going to change my comment on it. This whole issue boils down to entitlement.

One person chatting in a thread 13 about 14 stuff. Asked why, they stated cannot create new thread, it's TOO EARLY. So me, I - create thread. I was asked to delete it. Then a day later, same person that said it was TOO EARLY creates duplicate thread.

Now were here.

I think the big threads are good and create lots of fun discussion. I don't think how they are created, the race to be the first and the entitlement that since you created the first 3, means you automatically get to create anyone from here on out.

I've been here a long time and it's gotten progressively worse each year and it's annoying.

Mods have a crap job - damned if you do, damned if you don't. I respect it. I pay nothing for this site and have used it for over a decade. I'm fine with whatever they do. Just be fair about it.

Not going to keep beating a dead horse after this - it's ALWAYS about who created the biggest thread first. Always been like that. I don't care what anyone posts or says, I know what happened in this instance and I am not going to change my comment on it. This whole issue boils down to entitlement.

One person chatting in a thread 13 about 14 stuff. Asked why, they stated cannot create new thread, it's TOO EARLY. So me, I - create thread. I was asked to delete it. Then a day later, same person that said it was TOO EARLY creates duplicate thread.

Now were here.

I think the big threads are good and create lots of fun discussion. I don't think how they are created, the race to be the first and the entitlement that since you created the first 3, means you automatically get to create anyone from here on out.

I've been here a long time and it's gotten progressively worse each year and it's annoying.

Mods have a crap job - damned if you do, damned if you don't. I respect it. I pay nothing for this site and have used it for over a decade. I'm fine with whatever they do. Just be fair about it.
I respect where you are coming from but it’s never been about “Entitlement”. That’s what you like to think it is but it’s not. These threads are made because of everyone’s contribution and collaboration. It was never about post counts, reaction scores, or who owns the biggest thread this year. If that was the case I would not have included the other 30+ members on my thread.

No one told you to "delete your thread". Your thread stayed up for a few days. I'm sorry no one replied to it. No one made a single post. That's not anyone's fault, honestly.

The mods and admins are looking into this. Yes, it makes their job tough but they can't please everyone. It's hard to get everyone on the same page. Pre-order threads have been happening for the last 10+ years and we never had any issues. No one ever complained about it and everyone had fun. It's supposed to bring us together as a community, share our excitement and just have fun with it. That is all there is to it.

If you would like to have your post count or reaction scores up. I would highly suggest to start contributing to this site and becoming more of an active member. Starting a pre-order thread and then not collaborating won't help you with it.

Best wishes to you in the future,

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗

Attachments

• A48A2E0D-DA55-493D-BBA1-412D89EF2DB6.jpeg
    A48A2E0D-DA55-493D-BBA1-412D89EF2DB6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I respect where you are coming from but it’s never been about “Entitlement”. That’s what you like to think it is but it’s not. These threads are made because of everyone’s contribution and collaboration. It was never about post counts, reaction scores, or who owns the biggest thread this year. If that was the case I would not have included the other 30+ members on my thread.

No one told you to "delete your thread". Your thread stayed up for a few days. I'm sorry no one replied to it. No one made a single post. That's not anyone's fault, honestly.

The mods and admins are looking into this. Yes, it makes their job tough but they can't please everyone. It's hard to get everyone on the same page. Pre-order threads have been happening for the last 10+ years and we never had any issues. No one ever complained about it and everyone had fun. It's supposed to bring us together as a community, share our excitement and just have fun with it. That is all there is to it.

If you would like to have your post count or reaction scores up. I would highly suggest to start contributing to this site and becoming more of an active member. Starting a pre-order thread and then not collaborating won't help you with it.

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗

Ya did. You edited your post to remove what you said. Period, the end.

I'm not worried about my post count or scores. Lol - I could care less. This board is about communication and learning, it's not a job. Seems you would like to have it as one and it's clearly evident by your posts. You may say one thing, but I know what you said to me and you still have not admitted it. "It's too early". Yet, you did it because someone else did it before you and you can't stand that. That's all it is. Lol

Have a good one Yay.

Ya did. You edited your post to remove what you said. Period, the end.

I'm not worried about my post count or scores. Lol - I could care less. This board is about communication and learning, it's not a job. Seems you would like to have it as one and it's clearly evident by your posts. You may say one thing, but I know what you said to me and you still have not admitted it. "It's too early". Yet, you did it because someone else did it before you and you can't stand that. That's all it is. Lol

Have a good one Yay.
If I had edited my post it would have a time stamp and it would have said: “edited”. I never said anything like that. Falsely accusing without having evidence someone is not ok.

I was actually happy you started a new iPhone 14 thread. It's just unfortunate no one replied to it. That's a reality and numbers don't lie.

I communicated with @Jinjin way before April to set up the pre-order threads. Both of us were overly excited about it. I'm going to be honest with you, our original date was to launch them right after WWDC. However, the hype was too strong so we decided to wait for it. It was posted a few days later because we thought the WWDC hype has died down so let's talk about the iPhone 14. Again, it has never been about entitlement or who’s going to start the thread first.

You still haven’t told us which iPhone 14 you plan on ordering? 🤪

To put this to an end. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Stay healthy and stay safe. See you around. 👋

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: icanhazmac

JayAgostino

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Massachusetts

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗
With all due respect, that’s a bit hypocritical. You swiftly post in nearly every news thread just for the sake of posting there.

With all due respect, that’s a bit hypocritical. You swiftly post in nearly every news thread just for the sake of posting there.
Not to go off-topic. I don’t want to post this but I have to defend myself.

I am proud to do it because I spend too much time on this site and I like to engage with the audience. I have many supporters who have praised me and they appreciate my effort. I just can’t make everyone happy. It’s impossible. I’m not going to brag but I have helped out so many people and it makes me happy. I'll share some of the private messages with you. It's honestly nothing personal towards anyone.

This is one of 100+ messages. 3rd picture is the most recent.

Attachments

• 1F8CE296-1C01-4E05-BB1E-BA063822921D.jpeg
    1F8CE296-1C01-4E05-BB1E-BA063822921D.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 112
  • E4AACD83-B60E-4190-A4CB-E23D05E81DB7.jpeg
    E4AACD83-B60E-4190-A4CB-E23D05E81DB7.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 113
  • A3AF1502-B00D-472E-B93B-4F32C68D8BE0.jpeg
    A3AF1502-B00D-472E-B93B-4F32C68D8BE0.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom

Now were here.

Lol. Dude you still at it. I thought MODS have had already clarified that your thread was identified as duplicate by the MR Bots and hence it was removed.

JayAgostino

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Massachusetts
If I had edited my post it would have a time stamp and it would have said: “edited”. I never said anything like that. Falsely accusing without having evidence someone is not ok.
To be fair, if you immediately edit a reply, the time stamp won’t appear. It only appears unless you edit your reply a minute or two after it’s been posted.

To be fair, if you immediately edit a reply, the time stamp won’t appear. It only appears unless you edit your reply a minute or two after it’s been posted.
What is the point you are trying to make? This thread is about discussing duplicate threads. Not “edit button” respectively.

Sorry, I just thought I’d bring it up since you mentioned it. There’s always the chance you could’ve immediately edited your reply and the time stamp wouldn’t appear.
I did not mention anything about the edit button. I only replied. Please don’t falsely accuse me of being able to edit my post right away. Especially without having any proof/evidence.

JayAgostino

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Massachusetts
I did not mention anything about the edit button. I only replied. Please don’t accuse me of being able to edit my post right away. Especially without having any proof.
You said…
Also, I tested it out for myself earlier in this thread and the time stamp didn’t appear. That’s just how XenForo behaves.

Try it out if you want to.

You said…

Also, I tested it out for myself earlier in this thread and the time stamp didn’t appear. That’s just how XenForo behaves.

Try it out if you want to.
The edit time stamp does not appear until 5 minutes later. After 5 minutes later if you edit your post it will say edit. It has been like that for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.