Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Elon specifically said the elonjet posts would be allowed.

Correct he did. We agreed on that earlier today. That, in my opinion, was a mistake by Musk and assume he thinks so too. Again, it appears his son being accosted in Los Angeles shook him up. I don’t blame him.

No, they didn't.

I understand you don’t think so, but they did. And Musk pointed out that cleaver journalism linking to Sweeney’s account is the same as posting the location directly.

They will serve their suspension unless Musk waives it early. The message from Twitter is unambiguous.

Reactions: siri_3005

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Correct he did. We agreed on that earlier today. That, in my opinion, was a mistake by Musk and assume he thinks so too. Again, it appears his son being accosted in Los Angeles shook him up. I don’t blame him.
Great. So why'd you ask?

I understand you don’t think so, but they did. And Musk pointed out that cleaver journalism linking to Sweeney’s account is the same as posting the location directly.

They will serve their suspension unless Musk waives it early. The message from Twitter is unambiguous.
Journalists reporting on an account that is specifically allowed is somehow a violation? That's a ridiculous interpretation. And again, the change to the TOS came out AFTER the suspensions.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Great. So why'd you ask?
I asked nothing. I replied to what you wrote.

Journalists reporting on an account that is specifically allowed is somehow a violation?

They linked to elonjet in their reports covering Sweeney’s accounts being suspended. I’m guessing Musk has made his point.

And again, the change to the TOS came out AFTER the suspensions.

Actually ‘sharing personal media, such as images or videos, can potentially violate a person’s privacy, and may lead to emotional or physical harm’ was added to the Twitter policy in January 2022. They just amended the policy to call out doxxing with specificity and more emphasis.

Reactions: jaymc

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
I asked nothing. I replied to what you wrote.
You asked for an example.

They linked to elonjet in their reports covering Sweeney’s accounts being suspended.
Yes. They linked to an account that was, as far as they knew, perfectly acceptable. As stated by Musk. Do you call that "fair" enforcement?

Actually ‘sharing personal media, such as images or videos, can potentially violate a person’s privacy, and may lead to emotional or physical harm’ was added to the Twitter policy in January 2022. They just amended the policy to call out dozing with specificity and more emphasis.
And the CEO said that posting this specific flight information would not be considered a violation of this policy. I'd certainly call changing an interpretation of a policy without telling anyone and then suspending people "unfair".

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Yes. They linked to an account that was, as far as they knew, perfectly acceptable. As stated by Musk. Do you call that "fair" enforcement?

And the CEO said that posting this specific flight information would not be considered a violation of this policy. I'd certainly call changing an interpretation of a policy without telling anyone and then suspending people "unfair".
Relax, they will be back in a few days. It’s just Twitter. It not like….he permanently banned the president.

Reactions: PhoenixDown

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
You asked for an example.
To which you replied referencing the journalists being suspended; which I then said who had violated the TOS. Then came the part where we agreed. I was part of the conversation. Please don’t resort to this form of silliness.

They were all treated the same. I imagine if the NYT, WSJ, or Fox would have posted a link to elonjet along with them they’d have been suspended as well. So, yeah. It was fairly or equally enforced. What you want to be arguing is fair notice. Fair enforcement? Yeap.

What Musk had said was that he would allow the account tracking his private plane to remain on Twitter, though he said it amounted to a security threat.

“My commitment to free speech extends even to not banning the account following my plane, even though that is a direct personal safety risk.”

He clearly reversed himself there and speculation is it has something to do with his son being recently accosted.

Last edited:

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
To which you said replied the journalists being suspended, which I then said who violated the TOS. Then came the part where we agreed. I was part of the conversation. Please don’t resort to that silliness.
Okay? Are you following the conversation? You asked for an example of what I considered unfair. I told you. You then said we'd already discussed it. So I asked why you asked for an example when we'd already discussed an example.

They were all treated the same. I imagine if the NYT, WSJ, or Fox would have posted a link to elonjet along with them they’d have been suspended as well. So, yeah. It was fairly or equally enforced. Did they have fair notice? What you want to be arguing is fair notice. Fair enforcement? Yeap.
That's not what I asked at all.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Okay? Are you following the conversation? You asked for an example of what I considered unfair. I told you. You then said we'd already discussed it. So I asked why you asked for an example when we'd already discussed an example.

That's not what I asked at all.

Iteration is the point of diminishing return.

tripsync

Suspended
Apr 24, 2023
Thunderfoot covers this really well

lol thunderfoot. such an unreliable source of information.

remember when he calculated boring company's capacity to be about 1,500/hr and then the LVCVA confirms Boring Company did 4,400/hr?
or when thunderfoot calculated semi as a failure but an actual engineer did the math:

or when thunderfoot concluded starlink isn't feasible, but turns out thunderfoot used bogus numbers https://littlebluena.substack.com/p/thunderf00t-busted

Reactions: cicalinarrot

cicalinarrot

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2015
lol thunderfoot. such an unreliable source of information.

remember when he calculated boring company's capacity to be about 1,500/hr and then the LVCVA confirms Boring Company did 4,400/hr?
or when thunderfoot calculated semi as a failure but an actual engineer did the math:

or when thunderfoot concluded starlink isn't feasible, but turns out thunderfoot used bogus numbers https://littlebluena.substack.com/p/thunderf00t-busted
Yep, the guy is quite dangerous, he sometimes has right ideas but he’s mostly an entertainer feeding hate to his audience by repeating poorly sourced stuff over and over as if the sheer power of arrogance could make you right about everything.
When he tries to make things look scientific with “experiments”, results are truly pathetic.

Reactions: tripsync
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.