Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
As clearly outlined by the fact that the N word went up by 500% after Musk took over. They say "free speech" but what they really mean is freedom to spout hate speech.

Use of N-word on Twitter jumped by almost 500% after Elon Musk's takeover as trolls test limits on free speech, report says​

Well to be fair, hate speech is still protected. I would be curious to see who is actually using that word? Is it being caught by a hate group, or it is now being used a lot more from folks who commonly use that word to address each other. As a result, you can pick a few of the ones from the hate group and say, look our stats show that it has gone up 500% and here are a few of the examples. Versus, it actually being used 500% more by hate groups.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
And trust me when I said those words really really hurt. Once I was asked if I wanted to marry a tick-riddled opossum when I said that I was single and was hoping to be married some day. Was that a stupid thing for that person to say? Yes. Should that person be allowed to say that? Yes.
And if that person called you a the N word, or slammed you with a bunch of anti semitic Jew slangs, threatened to rape or murder you... should that be allowed too? As it stands all of these things are running rampant unchecked on Twitter under "free speech".

Apple Fan 2008

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2021
Florida, USA 🇺🇸
And if that person called you a the N word, or slammed you with a bunch of anti semitic Jew slangs, threatened to rape or murder you... should that be allowed too? As it stands all of these things are running rampant unchecked on Twitter under "free speech".
Death and rape threats no. But when someone called me and someone else "furryf**kers" he/she should be able to say that. Even though it was very offensive to both me and the other dude involved. Also to clarify, this wasn't on Twitter.

Last edited:

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
You keep saying this phrase (or minor variations) over and over - why don't you come out and say specifically, exactly what allegations you're making.
Done. Citations to the FBI's false claims about Hunter Biden's laptop and Twitter's complicity in censoring that factual story were provided in this message. You asked for references. Did you read them?

You "disagreed" with that message. Why? Why don't you come out and say specifically, exactly why you are disagreeing with in those factual stories. Is that really the best you have to offer? If you have no interest in an intellectually honest debate, why bother making your request for sources in the first place?

It sounds like some of you in deep denial over the disinformation and censorship those FBI-employed activists did in October, 2020, and you're in denial over Twitter's complicity in those fabrications.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: millerj123

MrTangent

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2003
And trust me when I said those words really really hurt. Once I was asked if I wanted to marry a tick-riddled opossum when I said that I was single and was hoping to be married some day. Was that a stupid thing for that person to say? Yes. Should that person be allowed to say that? Yes.
Well? Do you want to marry a tick-riddled opossum? Don’t leave us hanging.

• Haha
Reactions: Apple Fan 2008

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Oh the new variation in the Infotainment (current major media) vs factual new reporting vs free speech.
My concern is to learn something from a discussion. I learn nothing from comparing the FBI's abusive censorship of the NY Post to "Bigfoot vs. Aliens". That's not "free speech"; it's just noise. There's no interest in engaging on what actually happened.

I would find it revolting if the FBI attempted to censor Republicans, Democrats, or any other political group. Apathy/denial over what the FBI did is rather revolting. Do you share that concern, @dk001 ?

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
My concern is to learn something from a discussion. I learn nothing from comparing the FBI's abusive censorship of the NY Post toai "Bigfoot vs. Aliens". That's not "free speech"; it's just noise. There's no interest in engaging on what actually happened.

I would find it revolting if the FBI attempted to censor Republicans, Democrats, or any other political group. Apathy/denial over what the FBI did is rather revolting. Do you share that concern, @dk001 ?
Sucks.
The FBI censored and major media played infotainment.

Reactions: Apple Fan 2008

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Twitter CEO: Linda Yaccarino

"It’s an exceptionally rare thing — in life or in business — that you get a second chance to make another big impression," the chief tweeted. "Twitter made one massive impression and changed the way we communicate. Now, X will go further, transforming the global town square."

She continued, "X will connect us all in ways we’re just beginning to imagine."

• Haha
Reactions: maxoakland

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
"It’s an exceptionally rare thing — in life or in business — that you get a second chance to make another big impression," the chief tweeted. "Twitter made one massive impression and changed the way we communicate. Now, X will go further, transforming the global town square."

This is either the transcript of a hostage video and she's sending a coded SOS for help or they've canned her and replaced her with ChatGPT.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
I don’t know why Musk believes Twitter can be the global town square if he pushes his own republican agenda. The organiser of the playground must remain neutral.

RIP Twitter! 🙏🏻

F1xUWOGaUAEIfZI

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
So I went to bed and got up to a blue X - I thought it would be black? So there at least is some reference to the past. It’s black at x.com but blue inside Twitter. I’d keep it blue on the direct Twitter access though.

Musk needed a platform for his all-in-one app; one user name and one passcode platform for everything. The actual Twitter function is not so much as important as the building block for his idea since the days of X/PayPal.

I see https protocol now works, at the beginning only the old http protocol redirected.

I actually find all this refreshing. With a future of a 30k constellation of V2 Starlink satellites that reach anywhere, Musk actually has his Global Town Hall!

Whatever you think of him, Elon Musk is a dynamic individual.

Reactions: dk001

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
And yes, as most of you just think about Twitter, Musk has the potential to take a huge share of the global telecom market to Starlink while adding purchase and banking and all sorts of usage along with it and without you ever to need to log in or enter your passcode.

Interesting times ahead for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: CarlJ and dk001

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Twitter CEO: Linda Yaccarino
I certainly hope not.

I actually find all this refreshing. With a future of a 30k constellation of V2 Starlink satellites that reach anywhere, Musk actually has his Global Town Hall!
That's the problem right there. It will be his global town hall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.