Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Who here tuned into that Twitter space? I spoke to Elon!!! I love him so much. So much truth and information was spread today

Attachments

• BAE8E6BB-23DB-4E26-93DA-89964C5FD2E9.jpeg
    BAE8E6BB-23DB-4E26-93DA-89964C5FD2E9.jpeg
    550.7 KB · Views: 54

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Who here tuned into that Twitter space? I spoke to Elon!!! I love him so much. So much truth and information was spread today

Hmm..

Megadeth said:
You take a mortal man
And put him in control
Watch him become a god
Watch people's heads a'roll

Just like the Pied Piper
Lead rats through the streets
Dance like marionettes
Swaying to the Symphony of Destruction

Wise man, that David Mustaine, especially judging from the cult of personality worshipping expressed in multiple posts regarding Musk.

Last edited by a moderator:

leicaman

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Carlsbad, CA
Just because Musk says it doesn't mean it's true. In fact, considering all the nonsense he's been spewing on Twitter recently, I'd bet he had no hard evidence to prove what he's saying. The mean never invented anything, and he bought his way into Tesla and Space X. So now he's bought himself into a Titanic-level social media platform. If he hasn't driven it into the ground in the next few months it will be a miracle.

My Twitter feed is full of right wing skreeds and lunacy spewing hatred and conspiracies. It's time to pull the plug.

Anyone who mistakes that cesspool for free speech needs a dictionary.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
I’m really looking forward to the part 2 Twitter files tomorrow. Seeing as apple as resumed advertising and the platform isn’t going anywhere - it seems to be full speed ahead!

Ive never been much of a Twitter user, but it’s much better and more active now. Even my tweets get much more visibility than before.

The discussion and the Q&A was great and very eye opening! I encourage everyone to attend and just listen!

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Didn't realize it was a contest? I guess I "won" when I closed my twitter account.
Was waiting for someone to slam dunk it like it should.
This “Twitter was great, Musk killed it”, or “it was crap, Musk revived it” is just a tad blind: it was, is and will continue to be controversial, upsetting and a garbage platform.

It was designed that way, from the people involved in it to the goals in mind. You can mute, block and unlike everything you want and it will still try feed you fire.

Social media first started as a way for the more antisocial people to have a way to socialize with less social exposure (a good goal actually)… the people involved in this tended to have antisocial, psychopathic and narcissistic traits, hence they end up with a tool that tends to attract that. Sam Vaknin, a narcissism expert, explains it best in many of his videos and interviews that are around.

The characters limitation? Give me a break, any run of the mill microwave of today displays more text than that. It is because long form text is needed to convey positive messages more so than negative or controversy inducing ones (even if the intention was positive, the length of it will make it less so).

If Musk were serious, he would also lift all fictional limitations within the platform.

Edit: the only win here is totally that, close it, burn it, don’t look at it… 10 years ago.

staypuftforums

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2021
Just because Musk says it doesn't mean it's true. In fact, considering all the nonsense he's been spewing on Twitter recently, I'd bet he had no hard evidence to prove what he's saying. The mean never invented anything, and he bought his way into Tesla and Space X. So now he's bought himself into a Titanic-level social media platform. If he hasn't driven it into the ground in the next few months it will be a miracle.

My Twitter feed is full of right wing skreeds and lunacy spewing hatred and conspiracies. It's time to pull the plug.

Anyone who mistakes that cesspool for free speech needs a dictionary.
Weren’t people like you claiming Twitter would be offline in a matter of days like 2 weeks ago?

We went from days, to weeks, to months. Next up is years, I guess.

I’ll be back in a few months to remind you to revise your prediction.

And just block the accounts you don’t like. I’ve got tons of lefties I don’t follow in my feed.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Not to mention what Elon is doing is the literal exact opposite of fascism. Fascists and communists both deplore free speech.

The irony is that those hating on him now want twitter (a private company) to act as an arm of the Biden administration, which is…

… fascism.

and your source for this claim is...?

And still no-one wants to address the issue with Kanye West.

BL.

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
People here are losing their minds over a one source story. And that one source is... Elon Musk.

Apple had not confirmed that it had stopped ad spending on Twitter, nor has it said anything about Musk's comments today.

The whole thing, all of it, is spin from one person, who is very invested in crafting a narrative about his business. Unless and until we hear someone confirming this, it frankly isn't worth publishing, except as tech gossip.

Have a little skepticism, people. Don't believe everything that you're being spoon fed.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Objectivist

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Oh, you mean something that has been panned as overhyped and misleading?

Yeah, by all means, post Musk's inaneness. I'm pretty sure that laptop pics of a private citizen will rank right up there for corruption so grave that Trump is wanting to completely destroy all articles in the Constitution and be "installed" as POTUS. Let's have all of this out for the world to see so it shows how embarrassing this situation is; not just embarrassing for Musk, but just as embarrassing for those who worship him as if he is a cult of personality, as it will show how far gone in lacking their own rational thought they truly are.

BL.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
I remember years ago when Apple was my hero.

Sounds like a you problem. Never understood people who idolize big corporations or wealthy people but it's a certain path to disappointment. Look at all the Elon fanboys lashing out lately. They're coming to grips with the undeniable fact that he's not that smart, and it must be painful.

As far as worshipping Apple... pick better heroes next time. 🤷‍♂️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.