Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
You pick one or two failures out of a huge list of success.

Why do people think like this nowadays?
The dude is a BS‘ing Con Artist that thrives on Gov’t socially subsidized welfare… How about that solar company he bailed his brother out from under? Oh, and i just loved the truck demonstration he put on at one of the yearly car shows… i wonder if the guy who was throwing the brick that day still has a job?

He is all about privatizing profits and socializing the losses… anyone who disputes that hasn’t looked into his business dealings….

Reactions: ScottishDuck

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
What leftwing bias, specifically?
For starters, 90% of employees' political campaign contributions are to Democrats.

Link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-employee-political-donations-Democrats.html

The former CEO, Jack Dorsey, admitted to the left wing bias in 2018.

Link: https://thehill.com/policy/technolo...-i-fully-admit-our-bias-is-more-left-leaning/

And as the 2020 election was in full swing, Twitter was no longer leaning left. They were banning or shadow banning stories that affected Democrats.

Link: https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/dorsey-says-blocking-posts-hunter-biden-story-was-total-mistake/

The Times & WaPo recently admitted that the New York Post's Hunter Biden laptop story was true.

Not saying Trump didn't shoot himself in the foot with what he said on multiple occasions. It wasn't pretty. But he was the sitting US president. When you ban a sitting US president for his tweets yet keep the ayatollah of Iran on your platform after tweeting for the elimination of Israel, you show your platform to be biased to a fault.

Then Elon comes along & wants it truly free speech & the employees have a meltdown over that idea.

Last edited:

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
twitters going to get the full amount then laugh at him all the way to the bank.
The guy is a con artist IMHO… not dumb. He already got what he wanted… for twitter to expose themselves for exactly what they are… they are laughing all the way to the bank with money coming in from the advertisers who paid handsomely to market their products to a social network comprised and made up of a huge amount of fake user accounts… they spent all that money to advertise to nothing… Twitter knew this and Musk got the to admit it without him ever having to reveal any of the Twitter trade secrets, which surely he was bound by contract to not speak about himself… so he has got what he wanted… now he sits back and watches the massive amounts of lawsuits going against Twitter for fraud make them implode…. Good riddance Twitter - one of many of a parasite of the internet. All IMHO, of course!

Reactions: pacalis

Cognizant.

Suspended
May 15, 2022
I think always saying he is the world’s richest human is a misnomer as people use other scales to determine the richness of a life. Bill Gates is the evil incarnate for many people. Jeff Bezos is criticized for taking people up into space and the working conditions at Amazon even though he is retired. BTW: In many ways Amazon got worse after Bezos handed over control. If you have lots of cash they will try to cut you down.

Musk wanted to change Twitter and that opens the door to all sorts of things. If the deal is dead then the loss is a loss to many more and has nothing to do with politics.
He also mostly doesn't care about his money the way other rich people do and doesn't take it out against his companies. If all of his companies go bankrupt, he goes bankrupt. He doesn't live in a mansion. He lives in a tiny house:

Mr D

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
I am not exactly sure if Twitter wants this to reach court. This would be extremely desperate and may be a bit of a kamikaze type of move.

Elon Musk's side would reveal every single thing they found wrong with Twitter and Twitter would have to defend against this.

Good luck.

This will likely open Twitter up to even MORE lawsuits from shareholders against twitter for misrepresentation and false reporting.

We already know how much BS twitters BOT numbers are...

Twitter is in a bad spot here. They stand to lose so much money spread across so many people.

Elon stands to lose $1B MAX.

Last edited:

Mr D

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
People sitting here defending Twitter are a bit delusional - and it's all centered on their hatred for Elon (people tend to hate ultra-successful people, which is why most people actually aren't successful).

If anyone uses Twitter, you know the bots are a ridiculous problem. It's not even close to 5%, I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 50% than it is 5%. (Twitter official filings are 5%).

Twitter going to court would be one of the worst things to happen for it's value. They would *literally* have to admit they lied in their SEC filings, which means they lied to ALL their investors.

Anyone saying anything different has no understanding of the reality of Twitter.

Elon stands to lose virtually nothing if this goes to court outside of $. He stands to win all the PR in the world if Twitter proves to be FOS.

Last edited:

Mr D

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
I'll say this in a different way -

If you're defending Twitter in this deal, then you think it should be OK for a car dealership to sell you a screwed up car that doesn't represent it's specs just because you said OK based on the spec sheet and your test drive.

Most of you wouldn't defend twitter if you replaced Elon with someone you like.

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
People sitting here defending Twitter are a bit delusional - and it's all centered on their hatred for Elon (people tend to hate ultra-successful people).

If anyone uses Twitter, you know the bots are a ridiculous problem. It's not even close to 5%, I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 50% than it is 5%. (Twitter official filings are 5%).

Twitter going to court would be one of the worst things to happen for it's value. They would *literally* have to admit they lied in their SEC filings, which means they lied to ALL their investors….
And that is why Musk has already been paid in full… he got exactly what he wanted because he knew this already… his dealings with Twitter were not harmonious… they had threatened to ban him too… so he turned the tables and got them to basically reveal what he couldn’t legally say. Twitter is in a world of hurt here, and its doubtful they will survive this… they have made a lot of money misrepresenting their numbers used to charge what the do for advertising and data brokering… all from a massive ghost population… and that’s before we even get to the investor lawsuits… if there is anything left… those who didn’t sell early are now left holding the bag… As for Musk… he is a dirt bag with is hand out reaping the benefits of gov’t funded corporate welfare… and then trashing the people who need public assistance to feed their kids, for whatever reason… Twitter wouldn’t survive discovery process if the judge didn’t seal everything…. And even if he did, thats only a temporary blackout on the info everyone wants… the mainstream establishment press should be embarrassed… this is egg all over their face… they’ve been sucking in the Twitter teet for a long time now and never bothered to lift up the twitter rug to see how much false filth has been swept under the proverbial rug… a rug they help hold up as it (the twitter dirt) was swept under and out of sight.

Mr D

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
As for Musk… he is a dirt bag with is hand out reaping the benefits of gov’t funded corporate welfare… and then trashing the people who need public assistance to feed their kids, for whatever reason…
What is this all about?

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
What is this all about?
Oh, this, and this, and this… need more?

And my personal favorite:

Mr D

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Oh, this, and this, and this… need more?

And my personal favorite:

There's a lot of layers to this here, but I'm not seeing where he's specifying taking away public assistance that goes to people who need it to feed their family.

Reactions: Boyyai

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
There's a lot of layers to this here, but I'm not seeing where he's specifying taking away public assistance that goes to people who need it to feed their family.
Read through it… you will see it written all over his views, all the while he is holding his hand out and enriching himself…

Mr D

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Read through it… you will see it written all over his views, all the while he is holding his hand out and enriching himself…
I have read through it - please quote what you're referring to.

Or are you talking about him saying that the government sucks at handling finances and they need to delete all the subsidies in the Biden bill?

Every time the government has given money to one of Elon's companies, the government came out ahead, which means the people's tax dollars won.

I'm not understanding the logic either - he's speaking out against it. That doesn't mean he needs to deny it - and the reality is he would have to accept it if other companies are receiving similar benefits since that is the playing field.

The articles being written are highly biased.

For example, they're crying about Elon's company paying back the debt to the government 9 years early with debt from a financial institution - as if this is wrong and not in the benefit for the government.

pacalis

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011
He also mostly doesn't care about his money the way other rich people do and doesn't take it out against his companies. If all of his companies go bankrupt, he goes bankrupt. He doesn't live in a mansion. He lives in a tiny house:

I disagree with this a lot. I think he and his people care about money a tremendous amount. How else would they be so good at managing it? That isn't to say I don't admire him for putting it at risk.

The house thing is very interesting. Whatever he says, I think he sold his properties to escape tax liabilities in multiple states.

While I'm at is, this 'wealth tax' that this administration is talking about, taxes on unrealized gains, is going to cause successful entrepreneurs to flee America even faster than they already are. With government's like these, it's not surprising that Elon lives more like a nomad, though a very well resourced nomad.

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
I have read through it - please quote what you're referring to.

Or are you talking about him saying that the government sucks at handling finances and they need to delete all the subsidies in the Biden bill?

Every time the government has given money to one of Elon's companies, the government came out ahead, which means the people's tax dollars won.

I'm not understanding the logic either - he's speaking out against it. That doesn't mean he needs to deny it - and the reality is he would have to accept it if other companies are receiving similar benefits since that is the playing field.

The articles being written are highly biased.

For example, they're crying about Elon's company paying back the debt to the government 9 years early with debt from a financial institution - as if this is wrong and not in the benefit for the government.
If you need specific phrases or sentences to make you see what I see through his publicly expressed sentiment, then you aren’t going to see it no matter what sentences i pick or choose… it is an over all view and he’s been very clear about it throughout. Why do his companies need to be given any money at all? How is the Gov’t and the people winning when they are giving away the resources that are enriching one individual and those in his inner circle?

Perhaps they can give me billions to be invested in my lifestyle and hobbies? Its a joke… some of the endevours have been utter failures and the money given to him was used to help him or his family hide and avoid prosecution for fraud, like the solar panel company where there are people still waiting to get what they were sold, where it was him and China that really benefited… where he seems to have a real cozy relationship with the China Gov’t.

I don’t think any of his defenders will be convinced enough to peel back the onion and see whats really going on with that guy…. And his massive wealth now affords him the ability to basically skirt any type of meaningful investigation into his transgressions… it’s pathetic really.

Personally, I think Twitter going away is a good thing… they are parasites on the internet… that has the explicit help of the establishment and gov’t sponsored media organizations… where they spend all day talking about tweets from people who have an agenda and are pushing propaganda and narratives…

563390BF-8A17-4DD8-9FBC-AE678C577EB1.jpeg

Reactions: Jim Lahey

Cognizant.

Suspended
May 15, 2022
I disagree with this a lot. I think he and his people care about money a tremendous amount. How else would they be so good at managing it? That isn't to say I don't admire him for putting it at risk.

The house thing is very interesting. Whatever he says, I think he sold his properties to escape tax liabilities in multiple states.

While I'm at is, this 'wealth tax' that this administration is talking about, taxes on unrealized gains, is going to cause successful entrepreneurs to flee America even faster than they already are. With government's like these, it's not surprising that Elon lives more like a nomad, though a very well resourced nomad.
He paid more taxes last year than anyone in the history of paying taxes.

Reactions: Boyyai and tigres

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
Why do his companies need to be given any money at all?
Simple. Sometimes(most of the time) it is better to fund an important projects directly through an avatar like Elon Musk rather than through an old, slow and corrupt government systems.

You know it is like everybody around the world seem to be wearing a NASA t-shirts and at the same time the important projects are really struggling to take off.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Musk is in trouble over Twitter because if i remember rightly, when he decided to purchase Twitter he was asked to carry out his own investigation into the company rather than accept as gospel what Twitter was telling him but he decided against it and accepted what Twitter had told him. Then a few day's later after he agreed to purchase Twitter a number of news articles cames out questioning Twitters claim that they only have approx. 5% of spam/bot accounts with critics/reporters saying that they believe the number to be in the region of 25%. Then a few weeks later we hear that Musk has put the deal on hold so he can investigate this 5% spam/bot claim, something he should have done before he agreed to the deal but he didn't because he accepted Twitters word on the matter. He then persistantly asked Twitter to provide him with the necessary proof of their 5% spam/bot claim, something Twitter have failed to do, hence why he is now pulling out of the deal.

Even if Twitter's 5% fake/spam/bot accounts is false they will claim that Musk accepted everything as is and that it is his fault for not carrying out his own investigation into the company before he agreed to purchase it and therefore he has a legal obligation to honour the original deal he agreed to.

Musk should have carried out his own investigation into Twitter to clarifiy all the numbers and figures that Twitter was giving him but as he didn't, Twitter's board are now appearing to say 'tough luck Elon, if you had any concerns you should have checked rather than accept our word, the fact you didn't is not our problem and thus the deal you agreed to still stands'.

Twitter are by no means 'clean' here because they are refusing to give Musk the information he requires and thus holding him to the deal he agreed to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.