Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
It’s interesting as a UK buyer. I’m almost tempted to get one at launch using a mates address that lives in America. It will be significantly cheaper than buying in the UK (£2,800). When it launches in the UK I can see it selling for £3,999 with crazy limited supply. Hmmmmm
Do you have a US payment method associated with a US Apple ID, and is that US Apple ID the one you use on your phone? Also note you will have to use a VPN to the states, otherwise when firing up the Apple Store app, it will default to your geographical location, regardless of the region associated with the Apple ID.

I've been looking into how to get everything set up and ready, and it ain't easy to get everything lined up.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I am going to use my Apple Card credit line to finance this beast of a device...
Hopefully Apple will let me finance it for at least 36 months!
:eek:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Do you have a US payment method associated with a US Apple ID, and is that US Apple ID the one you use on your phone? Also note you will have to use a VPN to the states, otherwise when firing up the Apple Store app, it will default to your geographical location, regardless of the region associated with the Apple ID.

I've been looking into how to get everything set up and ready, and it ain't easy to get everything lined up.

LOL you don’t need to do any of that.

Just open the app and change to U.S. in Account > Settings > Country. Add item to cart. Choose a pickup location. When you pay, use Apple Pay as that’s universal. I’ve bought several iPhones that way. Your Apple ID and IP address are irrelevant.

Reactions: ukms and gerald.d

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
LOL you don’t need to do any of that.

Just open the app and change to U.S. in Account > Settings > Country. Add item to cart. Choose a pickup location. When you pay, use Apple Pay as that’s universal. I’ve bought several iPhones that way. Your Apple ID and IP address are irrelevant.
Whaaaaat?

I had no idea it could be that simple. My sincere thanks!

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Yeh it’s not too complicated. Tricky part is having a US address to send it to
Cheers. Took a bit of setting up because I'm not actually in Europe, and no Apple Pay in the country that I reside in. I do have a UK issued debit card though.

In the end just reset an old iphone and did it all from scratch with a new Apple ID located in the UK. I've done a test purchase of an itunes card so let's see if that goes through ok (it's taking a while to confirm...)

Re the address, I have a friend in the US who is happy to help out, but I was wondering whether I could simply use a forwarding service such as MyUS and have the Vision Pro sent there? (I still find it hard to believe Apple will insist on in-store pickups for all pre-orders, but I guess they will clarify that before the 19th).

Reactions: ascender

sdynak

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2024
Cheers. Took a bit of setting up because I'm not actually in Europe, and no Apple Pay in the country that I reside in. I do have a UK issued debit card though.

In the end just reset an old iphone and did it all from scratch with a new Apple ID located in the UK. I've done a test purchase of an itunes card so let's see if that goes through ok (it's taking a while to confirm...)

Re the address, I have a friend in the US who is happy to help out, but I was wondering whether I could simply use a forwarding service such as MyUS and have the Vision Pro sent there? (I still find it hard to believe Apple will insist on in-store pickups for all pre-orders, but I guess they will clarify that before the 19th).

Just in case to prepare, this message was sent yesterday and on the apple store. It seems to indicate possibly with the face scan maybe they will ship direct for the online orders. Might only know for sure the day of.

Edit - the latest app store version is 5.22 so check to make sure this version is available to you for the checkout process mentioned. I'm not sure if apps have any region restrictions.

A few tips to make pre-order even easier.​

Have an iPhone or iPad with Face ID nearby.​

When you order Apple Vision Pro, you’ll need to scan your face with an iPhone or iPad with Face ID. This helps us determine the right size Light Seal and head band, which work together to give you a precise fit.

Make sure your Apple Store app is up to date.​

For the face scan, you’ll need the latest version of the Apple Store app, which became available on January 11.

Get the latest version now of the Apple Store App(Opens in new window)

Have your vision prescription handy.​

Because Apple Vision Pro is designed to be worn without glasses, we’ve partnered with ZEISS to create custom optical inserts that accommodate most prescriptions.footnote* When you order, we’ll ask a few quick questions to find out if you need optical inserts. If you do, you’ll upload a valid, unexpired prescription from a U.S. eye-care professional after checkout.

Footnotes
* Valid prescription required. Not all prescriptions are supported. Vision correction accessories are sold separately.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4sallypat

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Just in case to prepare, this message was sent yesterday and on the apple store. It seems to indicate possibly with the face scan maybe they will ship direct for the online orders. Might only know for sure the day of.

Edit - the latest app store version is 5.22 so check to make sure this version is available to you for the checkout process mentioned. I'm not sure if apps have any region restrictions.

Thanks. App is up to date. The prescription thing is another challenge for anyone outside the US. I tried a couple of the online prescription services but not good results, so to simplify things I'll just skip that and will use contact lenses.

sdynak

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2024
Thanks. App is up to date. The prescription thing is another challenge for anyone outside the US. I tried a couple of the online prescription services but not good results, so to simplify things I'll just skip that and will use contact lenses.
Good stuff.. wishing you the best all goes well. I’m still torn if it’s right for me right now.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif

A few tips to make pre-order even easier.​

Have an iPhone or iPad with Face ID nearby.​

When you order Apple Vision Pro, you’ll need to scan your face with an iPhone or iPad with Face ID. This helps us determine the right size Light Seal and head band, which work together to give you a precise fit.

Make sure your Apple Store app is up to date.​

For the face scan, you’ll need the latest version of the Apple Store app, which became available on January 11.

Get the latest version now of the Apple Store App(Opens in new window)

Have your vision prescription handy.​

Because Apple Vision Pro is designed to be worn without glasses, we’ve partnered with ZEISS to create custom optical inserts that accommodate most prescriptions.footnote* When you order, we’ll ask a few quick questions to find out if you need optical inserts. If you do, you’ll upload a valid, unexpired prescription from a U.S. eye-care professional after checkout.

Footnotes
* Valid prescription required. Not all prescriptions are supported. Vision correction accessories are sold separately.
How about web users with Studio display using Facetime camera ?

c0mm0n

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
1705669896198.png

In. Friend should bring it back by mid feb.
I'm not exactly sure wtf I'm thinking buying this tbh :D

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I've got a forwarding/shipping service in the US, but not sure about onward shipping - insuring this sort of package would cost a small fortune. I'm over in the States in May so I will just have to be patient I guess. It might well be available in the UK by then anyway.

There's no in-store pickup at the moment either. Well, wasn't showing for me but looks like others have been able to select it.

c0mm0n

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
I've got a forwarding/shipping service in the US, but not sure about onward shipping - insuring this sort of package would cost a small fortune. I'm over in the States in May so I will just have to be patient I guess. It might well be available in the UK by then anyway.

There's no in-store pickup at the moment either. Well, wasn't showing for me but looks like others have been able to select it.
Imo other countries will be way later in 2024 if not next year.
It's not even on sale in Canada atm.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Can’t select in store yet 😥
In store appointments have slipped 2-3 days from launch day currently.

Deliveries have slipped 2 weeks.

Tells me that Apple store will have a sizeable quantity on hand; while deliveries from Apple warehouses or overseas UPS is starting to run out...

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 6.00.39 AM.png

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Imo other countries will be way later in 2024 if not next year.
It's not even on sale in Canada atm.
I think Gurman said last week that they hoped to have it in more countries before WWDC.

Assuming they have been making these for a while now, even with component restraints, if there's easy markets to expand-into (the prescription lens provider may be something that slows expansion) then I'd have thought they'll want to get it out there in limited numbers quickly.

They will want to get this into the hands of developers worldwide as quickly as they can and also start to generate interest in the apps being developed etc.

Reactions: c0mm0n

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Aaaaand Apple canceled my order. "We don't ship to freight forwarders."

No "hi - could you provide us with a different address please" (which would have been simple), just a direct cancelation. *******s.

/edit
And of course the "we don't ship to freight forwarders" is a complete lie, because they did exactly that with another order I placed earlier in the week precisely for the purposes of checking whether or not they would ship to a freight forwarder.

Last edited:

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
Switched the Store App to US and ordered as usual, only had to provide a US credit card and billing/shipping address which I got from a US business partner. Visiting him next month to pick it up. Already looking forward to the flight home! Hope by than to have figured out what kind of external usb-c battery pack is needed to keep the thing going a couple more hours.

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
Ordered one 4 minutes after the store opened, got a 2 feb delivery to my forwarding service.
Then i saw the news it only works with a u.s. AppleID (i got one, but nothing i use is on it) and canceled.

Now we're a day further, and I deeply regret it, so I ordered again; unfortunately, I have to wait an additional month now 😢. Hope it will come a little sooner.

I Ordered with a AppleId i got for years now, just with my EU creditcard without a problem.
Last september i ordered a 15 pro (for pickup) with this ID and a EU Card also without a problem.

Reactions: gerald.d

c0mm0n

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
I ordered with non US idea (despite having one), and for now everything looks ok, order is in "preparing to ship" status

c0mm0n

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Delivered today, no way I'm gonna be able to wait 2 weeks fro my friend to bring it back.
I'll try to have it shipped, gonna be hit hard by tax but well.

• Wow
Reactions: Donstil-nl

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
Somebody Here used MyUS?

I used them in the past a couple of times but I am now seeing Some bad reviews lately and my package is going there If i don’t cancel 😆

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.