Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeutie

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
Belgium
So anyone outside the US having it set up without an US Apple ID or only using the US Apple ID for the App Store and another for
iCloud and such? Does that go fluently at all? 😊

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
So anyone outside the US having it set up without an US Apple ID or only using the US Apple ID for the App Store and another for
iCloud and such? Does that go fluently at all? 😊

I am from the Netherlands and on a Dutch forum a member already has it.
It is exactly like apple said, so everything works on your EU ID (Photos, iCloud, iMessage, etc) and the need for a US ID is for the Store and TV+.

There is only one big catch, you cannot log-out of the Appstore only, so downloading apps means you have to log of from your EU AppleID altogether and login on the US One. After downloading you can switch back.

Reactions: davvid97 and jeutie

jeutie

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
Belgium
I’m from Belgium myself and mine is arriving next Wednesday. Sounds easy enough. So I log in with my American Apple ID, download a couple apps and then log in with my EU Apple ID to get everything else working.

Got a link to that thread you are referencing? 😊

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
Reactions: ls7 and jeutie

jeutie

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
Belgium
Cool, veel plezier ermee alvast!
Have you used a forwarder?

This is the link: https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/78020078#78020078
Thank you. I had someone that I know back in the US go and buy it and ship it. 🥲 Shipping was a tad cheaper than flying out myself. 🙈 Meanwhile I got confirmation that you can pair it with your European Apple ID, open the App Store, log out from the App Store specifically and log in there with an US Apple ID. No need to switch back and forth. 😊

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
Thank you. I had someone that I know back in the US go and buy it and ship it. 🥲 Shipping was a tad cheaper than flying out myself. 🙈 Meanwhile I got confirmation that you can pair it with your European Apple ID, open the App Store, log out from the App Store specifically and log in there with an US Apple ID. No need to switch back and forth. 😊

Ah that’s good news, have to wait untill 20-27feb for mine but i will keep it in mind :)

Strange Days was a good movie about this. Also Brainstorm.

Brainstorm was about such so much more than this.

Whereas the device in the film, all in-lab and not intended for commercial use, recorded and played back brain activity — in effect, consciousness itself — the Vision Pro is a commercial appliance for entertaining and harvesting user data (their usage and biometrics) to sell additional products, apps, media, and the like.

The headset in Brainstorm is still the realm of sci-fi and, technically, far and beyond where we are now. One interesting portrayal about the system in the film is none of it was, expressly or even implicitly, digital in nature, but entirely analogue — which, given our analogue brains, would seem to be a good fit here.

c0mm0n

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Hey, did u find any (good) carrying case we could buy in EU without importing ?
Didn't buy the apple one and not especially keen on it as it pretty much leaks what's inside the bag.

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Hey, did u find any (good) carrying case we could buy in EU without importing ?
Didn't buy the apple one and not especially keen on it as it pretty much leaks what's inside the bag.
This works very well for me. You can order it from Amazon while in the US. Mine took less than 2 days to arrive.

Reactions: c0mm0n

digitster

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
If I am allowed to be prophetic, I would guess mid 2024 for the official arrival in central europe. Next WWCD will probably give info about that.

Ps: If I do look at the app sales statistics in my developer account, I am actually able to see allot of devices with a registered location in Europe, doing app downloads for the Vision Pro. This is strange, as the AppStore is not available in Europe yet. But the devices are registered in Europe, which is tracked inside the sales, visits and download statistics.

Last edited:
Reactions: josselinco

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If I am allowed to be prophetic, I would guess mid 2024 for the official arrival in central europe. Next WWCD will probably give info about that.

Ps: If I do look at the app sales statistics in my developer account, I am actually able to see allot of devices with a registered location in Europe, doing app downloads for the Vision Pro. This is strange, as the AppStore is not available in Europe yet. But the devices are registered in Europe, which is tracked inside the sales, visits and download statistics.
I think people can be located in Europe, but use American Apple IDs to download VP apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.