Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 421 16.8%
  • 2/4

Votes: 904 36.1%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.2%
  • 9/12

Votes: 170 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 210 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
Blue Fog

IMG_5160.jpeg IMG_5159.jpeg

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
I could never wear a case on my watch.

How does it feel to you?

I love it! Physically it feels fine; I don’t even notice it. It doesn’t add much bulk at all.

In terms of aesthetics, I like the matte black look; my s3 and s6 were both Space Gray, and the case brings my Midnight s9 back to the neutral black/gray I wish it was. 😅🥴 I don’t know if I’d use one if I had a ceramic or SS model, since even a clear case would interfere with the whole look a LOT more.

I don’t find it interferes with the touch screen or use of the watch; when I use it without the screen it may be a tiny bit more responsive, but nothing truly noticeable.

I’m a little klutzy and whack my hands into things a lot (I don’t know, I guess I’m just kinesthetically challenged 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️), so I really like the extra protection. It’s a glass screen and I have definitely cracked them and been grateful it was the protector and not my watch. 😳

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
I love it! Physically it feels fine; I don’t even notice it. It doesn’t add much bulk at all.

In terms of aesthetics, I like the matte black look; my s3 and s6 were both Space Gray, and the case brings my Midnight s9 back to the neutral black/gray I wish it was. 😅🥴 I don’t know if I’d use one if I had a ceramic or SS model, since even a clear case would interfere with the whole look a LOT more.

I don’t find it interferes with the touch screen or use of the watch; when I use it without the screen it may be a tiny bit more responsive, but nothing truly noticeable.

I’m a little klutzy and whack my hands into things a lot (I don’t know, I guess I’m just kinesthetically challenged 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️), so I really like the extra protection. It’s a glass screen and I have definitely cracked them and been grateful it was the protector and not my watch. 😳

For the curious, it’s the Misxi Hard Case: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K69DLQZ

snapplecrisp

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2023
that’s a very nice band!
Thank you! I have loved the look since I first saw it, but not the resale price (I usually see it listed above $130-150). I had gotten deep into collecting by the time I snapped this one up at $75 since it was within my goal price. Everyone’s budget and yoink-price are different, but I’m still pretty proud of that one. 😁

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
Does anyone have a picture of last years “Sky” color next to the Lilac? Any help would be great! Trying to find a specific color to match something and I feel like those two are close.

Reactions: mikedop

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma

bandcandy

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2024
I wish bands’ serial numbers could help ID the colors.

I picked up some used bands as a lot, and am trying to ID colors. The new bands are laid across my current bands (all bought secondhand). I labeled my current bands with my best guesses as to their colors - please feel free to correct me if you think I’m wrong. The only sports band I’m certain of the color on is the midnight, which came with the watch.

I think I have ID’d the Nike sports bands correctly as well, included a screenshot since the names were too long to put in-image.

I think the new bands are probably starlight, Cyprus or mallard green, mulberry or plum…not sure on the red or dark blue bands. There are so many PR generations and dark blues. The new PR band is slightly darker/pinker than my current one.

The last band seems to be black, it’s very close to midnight but it has a blacker pin.

I added some photos in more direct sun as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    405.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2515.jpeg
    IMG_2515.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2512.jpeg
    IMG_2512.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2516.jpeg
    IMG_2516.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2517.jpeg
    IMG_2517.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
I wish bands’ serial numbers could help ID the colors.

I picked up some used bands as a lot, and am trying to ID colors. The new bands are laid across my current bands (all bought secondhand). I labeled my current bands with my best guesses as to their colors - please feel free to correct me if you think I’m wrong. The only sports band I’m certain of the color on is the midnight, which came with the watch.

I think I have ID’d the Nike sports bands correctly as well, included a screenshot since the names were too long to put in-image.

I think the new bands are probably starlight, Cyprus or mallard green, mulberry or plum…not sure on the red or dark blue bands. There are so many PR generations and dark blues. The new PR band is slightly darker/pinker than my current one.

The last band seems to be black, it’s very close to midnight but it has a blacker pin.

I added some photos in more direct sun as well.
Sizing numbers on the back would help you find them with Bandbreite - being that some colors/combos are specific mm type. Like, that ProdRed - is it 42/44 or 45? Etc.

Reactions: bandcandy

bandcandy

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2024
Sizing numbers on the back would help you find them with Bandbreite - being that some colors/combos are specific mm type. Like, that ProdRed - is it 42/44 or 45? Etc.
Good thought. All the new bands are 44mm. The seller thinks she bought them all between 2021-2023. Here’s an image with the band sizes.

BB is a great app, and I cross reference this thread and chargerstore’s images on eBay for comparison photos. Sometimes it’s really tough, though.

Edit: I guess the PR band I thought was 2020 has to be a different year, since 2020 didn’t have a 42mm band. So, the “old” PR band is a 1st or 2nd gen and the “new” one is a 3rd or 4th gen. Did the 1st gen PR bands have the PR logo on the inside of the band?

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2015
NY
Those who have the blue alpine loop, how do you like it? I think those colors match a lot of my wardrobe, but kind of hard to tell without seeing it in person. Does anyone have any photos of it? I already have a green alpine loop, so I already know about it comfort wise.

tucogovinda

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
In and around the D.
Those who have the blue alpine loop, how do you like it? I think those colors match a lot of my wardrobe, but kind of hard to tell without seeing it in person. Does anyone have any photos of it? I already have a green alpine loop, so I already know about it comfort wise.
Blue Alpine Loop is one of my favorites (wearing it right now, in fact). The blue/gray aesthetic makes it very friendly to wear with almost anything.
IMG_2148.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.